Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Yaeko Adopts Ongoing Artist Search

Postby Calibri » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:58 am

(Art by qwertyo)

YAEKO ADOPTS
[ MAIN THREAD | FANCLUB | DISCORD | ARCHIVE | TRANSFERS | CUSTOMS | NURSERY | ARTIST SEARCH ]

WELCOME TO THE YAEKO ADOPTS ONGOING ARTIST SEARCH!
Thank you for stopping by! Are you interested in joining our artist team?

WHAT IS A YAEKO?

A Yaeko [yay·kho] (plural: "Yaeki") is a creature from outer space who has somehow found its way into the ecosystem on planet Earth. Roughly the size of a Great Dane, these oddities have long and powerful hind legs enabling them of bipedal movement over short periods of time. Their front legs - structured more like arms - possess three long claws as well as a "thumb" claw. These claws are surprisingly flexible, leading some to believe they may be used as fingers. Yaeki have been observed using these claws to crack open nuts, spear fish and cut open fruits - some even using them to pick locks and open doors. Their heads are encased in a thick layer of "ivory" which works as a protective helmet for their otherwise very sensitive heads. Yaeki communicate through a series of chirps, similar to those of a bird, although domesticated Yaeki may attempt to mimick human speech in the same manner a parrot would. They are intelligent and curious creatures - behaving much like an average toddler - and possess a strong will to learn and please their owners.

The most fascinating aspect of a Yaeko's anatomy is the transparent "dome" attached to their chest. The dome itself appears to be made of some sort of glass-like material. The contents of this dome are unknown, but it appears to contain some sort of colourful liquid or mist. Floating around in the strange substance is a charm. Every Yaeko has their own unique charm used for identification - and surprisingly, keeping nightmares at bay. People with a Yaeko in their household report having fewer nightmares than people who don't. This leads to speculation that Yaeki "trap" good dreams in their domes for safekeeping so their owners may have the same good dreams over again.

RULES & GUIDELINES

- Always have the "FAKE" sign visible on your entry. You will be disqualified otherwise.

- When it comes to designing rules, it all comes down to "don't remove the dome", "don't change the egg-shaped head" (unless to add an underbite trait or give the illusion of fur by the neckline) and "have fun with everything else". Line edits are encouraged - show us what you've got!

- The charm inside the dome is unique - it comes in different shapes, sizes and colours for different Yaeki. The star is simply an example, it is encouraged that you replace it!

- We'd like to see at least 2-3 entries before we decide if you fit the team.

- Please don't make covers - link your most recent entry to your previous one instead! This allows us to more easily check your entries and avoid risk of missing one of your entries. (Covers are allowed if submitting off-Oekaki entries)

- Guest artists are allowed to do 5 adopts on the main thread. Once you reach your limit, you may re-enter the artist search competition.

- After your 5 adopts as a guest artist, you may be asked to join the team permanently if we're impressed with your work!

- You can put designs made here up for adoption on the main adopts page (recolouring needed) if we choose you as a guest artist/full-time artist!

- Off-Oekaki entries are allowed as long as you link them in a colour-in!

RARITY CHART

Standard:
    Custom charm

Common:
    Claw edits, tooth edits (shape of teeth), tail edits, multicoloured dome, short fur (tufts on elbows etc.), short hair (above jawline when wet)

Uncommon:
    Custom ears, custom pupil, white pupil, custom tongue, underbite/overbite, long fur (lion manes etc.), backmane, long hair (below jawline when wet)

Rare:
    Extra eyes, extra limbs (up to six total), two tails, glow, small horns on head, small spikes on body, height edit (munchkin/reverse munchkin), extra ears (up to two pairs), halo, goop, cracked dome, whiskers

Legendary:
    Multiple heads (up to three total), multiple tails (up to six total), large horns on head (antlers etc.), large spikes on body, multiple domes, more than six limbs (up to eight total), elemental aspects, eyes on body (up to eight total), gene splicing, wings, visible bone, transparency

Non-Rarity Traits: (Does not pass down to pups)
    Weight edits (plump/skinny), heterochromia, limb deformation, scars or missing limbs (may be added by owner of Yaeko, must be approved by staff member), tattoos (may be added by owner of Yaeko, must be approved by staff member), expression edit (may be added by owner of Yaeko, must be approved by staff member)

Note: Custom lines are reserved for special occasions, but do not count as a trait.
Last edited by Calibri on Sat May 25, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Yaeko Adopts Ongoing Artist Search

Postby Alcidesune » Tue May 07, 2019 8:07 am

Click the image to see the artists!

He/Him | Alc/Alcides
Connoisseur of the freaky and monstrous
Alcidesune

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Yaeko Adopts Ongoing Artist Search

Postby Kohalin » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Last bumped by Kohalin on Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:08 pm.
Kohalin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me