Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Wishywash Adopts- wip but please post by Bebop

Artist Bebop [gallery]
Time spent 23 hours, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 23
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Wishywash Adopts- wip but please post

Postby Bebop » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:18 pm

Wishywash/Wishywashes
A closed-ish species.

They look like jelly and cat, they come from space? Their eggs come from space and land in water and hatch.

1.They mutate really easily.
A. The longer you own a wishywash, the more it can mutate (aka you can customize your wishy after owning it several months).
Sometimes they can even change into different critters (aka you can take your wishy off species if you wait long enough)

B. Once you've owned a wishy for a year, you can "split" it. (Basically you can divide it into two wishies if you want. Or you can combine one half with another wishy half to make offspring?)

2.Maybe on land no jelly? they look like normal cats (without tail)
They can change form to chonker and absorb most of their jelly into their body.
They can also, given enough time, turn all of their jelly to invisible mode (a rare mutation that takes a lot of time to develop)(for dedicated jelly haters, no judgement here)

To Do
- Clean up base more
- Figure out the standard jelly masses, types, and places
- we will have wavy jelly, smooth jelly, and curly jelly
wavy jelly- 85% done
smooth jelly 80% done
curly jelly 40% done
-standard jelly masses are head, neck, and back
- Figure out standard tentacle types and placements
-standard tent masses are also head, neck, and back
- Different standard body types? Even thou I hate doing lineart.
- Chonker, mega chonker ect.
We will have alternate body forms of "chonker" and "flooshy"
Chonker- 20% done
Flooshy- 10% done
Last edited by Bebop on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage i lived.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wishywash Adopts- wip but please post

Postby Bebop » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:18 pm

Species Philosophy:

It's the community that makes the species, not the other way around.

Wishywash Adopts has been designed around this concept, and there are a lot of failsafes in place to ensure that each individual Wishy owner will always have a certain degree of power over the adopts that they own, over the species as a whole, and also over me, the owner of the species.

Rules for me to follow./aka Adopter's Bill of Rights

1. I will cede all Wishy design rights to the owner of that Wishy.

A. Once you have won or obtained a Wishy, it's design will 100% belong to you.
    B. I will never reuse or recycle or recolor a Wishy design that has been adopted by (and therefor owned by) someone else.
i. In the case of RUs (runner-ups) for contests, these will be designed and adopted out at the same time as the OG adopt, and will only slightly reference the OG adopt.
ii. RUs will never be based on or recolored on the markings of the original. They will instead be more like variations on the same theme.
    C. If you have any concern that one of my Wishy designs infringes upon Wishy's design, I will listen to and abide by your wishes for the design to be edited.

2. I will not change or discontinue or rewrite the base features of the species anywhere down the road. Such as:

A. The ability for a Wishy to split. Splitting is a feature of the Wishy species that was designed for the sole purpose of giving the Wishy owners back a degree of power over the species, in exchange for their participation in the species.
i. Once a year, for the forseeable future, your Wishy will be allowed to split and to become two separate Wishies. You
may keep the second Wishy for yourself, for character creation purposes or for pairing off another of your wishies
and developing a romantic relationship, or you may gift it to a friend, or you may hold your own adoption contest for it
and adopt it out to someone else.

ii. This isn't quite the same as a MYO or a custom Wishy, nor does it mean just cloning your existing Wishy, you should still
abide by the splitting guidelines in order to create a Wishy that is truly split from the original.

B. The ability for a Wishy to mutate.
i. It's there to keep things fresh, to allow a Wishy to grow and change as you grow and change, to keep you from being
trapped with a wishy you no longer relate to, ect.
ii. It also gives you something concrete to work towards with your own Wishy, so that you don't have to worry about keeping up competing for and winning shiny new Wishy adopts every week. It allows you to place more value in your own Wishy and its potential to grow, and also in you and your ability to persevere and grow.

C. The ability for a Wishy owner to accumulate, own, and spend the time that is due to them.
i. The currency of Wishywash Adopts is basically just time, aka the time that you have owned your Wishy. You can then
put this time towards mutating your Wishy (aka customizing them). It is your reward for owning and nuturing your
Wishy, and it will also help you keep enjoying your Wishy if you have to take a long hiatus, and aren't around to adopt
cool new Wishies, have fallen out of love with the original Wishy, ect.
ii. If you adopt a Wishy and then disappear for 5 years, when you come back you will still have 5 years of accumulated
time to spend on mutating (aka customizing) your Wishy.
iii. Any time that you don't use on mutating your Wishy will still be saved and kept for to spend if/when you want.

3. Any special adopts that are made, for example having a special place in Wishy lore, or having special powers that are related to Wishy lore, will NEVER have their lore rewritten or discontinued. I will never pull the rug out from under your feet like that, especially after you win such an intense competition.

///shoot I have to figure out how to format this better////
///how do y'all format text??////
    word
    word
    word

[list=][*]word word word.[/list]
Last edited by Bebop on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:25 am, edited 8 times in total.
ImageImage i lived.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bebop » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:19 pm

mark. y'all can post if you want, I would love feedback.
ImageImage i lived.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Mark! seems interesting
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emblo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:34 pm

these are really cool!
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gemini_girl » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:42 pm

Oh I need one!
gemini_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bebop » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:11 am

Thanks you guys! I have a few adopts designed already, I just need to nail down what the default jelly lineart looks like.

When I first drew the species (on DA, like 4 years ago) they had this jelly arrangement as the default:

But I think in hindsight that covers too much of the body design? And was too hard for people to draw?
I want the species to look nice, and to look cool, but I also want it to be a somewhat chill and not stressful experience.
What do y'all think is the limit for too much jelly, too much complicated?? How many tentacles?

I'm planning to do 3 default jelly types, but they will have similar body placement.
What kind of jelly/tentacle placement should be prioritized? Head, neck, back, or rear?
ImageImage i lived.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bebop » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:28 am

Also one thing I had planned for the species that I def wanna bring back, is coloring in official species bases for each adopt.

Basically if you adopted a wishy, you would automatically get (1) fake cs pet color in, (3) icons of various sizes, and (1) fullbody.

Now I'm gonna have to redo these cause my arts so different now, but I think I can probably redo the fake CS pet, one icon, and then make some kind of new fullbody. This way you get to start your wishy ownership with 3 solid pieces of art that you can use to show it off in your sig and stuff.

I've always thought that getting nice art of your adopt was too much of a barrier for a lot of people, why not just provide some right off the bat?
ImageImage i lived.
Bebop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chickpea » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:26 am

That's a nice idea with the art! Also I think that neck jelly looks very cool
Chickpea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gemini_girl » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:49 pm

I love the idea of getting an art pack with one!
gemini_girl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me