Time spent 1 hour
Drawing sessions 2
22 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

saber edgy mary sue

Postby 777angel » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:03 pm

if enough people ask for it ill make a human version >:3
im done,,, haha its pretty stereotypical but yKNOW i try
ImageImageImageImage
ANGELpls follow my art instagram, catselll !!!!

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
777angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: saber edgy mary sue

Postby Mantisbug » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:29 am

Nice design! I really like their stripes!
I have a question though, why does she have dew claws on her hind legs (Yes I know this is possible, but tends to be more common in specific dog breeds, such as the Norwegian Lundehound, Saint Bernard, The Beauceron, etc...)
and why are they all on the outside of the paw?

From an article:
"We examine the functional anatomy of the forelimb in the primitive sabre-toothed cat Promegantereon ogygia in comparison with that of the extant pantherins, other felids and canids. The study reveals that this early machairodontine had already developed strong forelimbs and a short and robust thumb, a combination that probably allowed P. ogygia to exert relatively greater forces than extant pantherins. These features can be clearly related to the evolution of the sabre-toothed cat hunting method, in which the rapid killing of prey was achieved with a precise canine shear-bite to the throat. In this early sabre-toothed cat from the Late Miocene, the strong forelimbs and thumb were adapted to achieve the rapid immobilization of prey, thus decreasing the risk of injury and minimizing energy expenditure. We suggest that these were the major evolutionary pressures that led to the appearance of the sabre-toothed cat model from the primitive forms of the Middle Miocene, rather than the hunting of very large prey, although these adaptations reached their highest development in the more advanced sabre-toothed cats of the Plio-Pleistocene, such as Smilodon and Homotherium. Although having very different body proportions, these later animals developed such extremely powerful forelimbs that they were probably able to capture relatively larger prey than extant pantherins."

Thus, I'd assume they had dew claws, but I couldn't find anything about rear dew claws. Even so, their dew claws are compared to thumbs which are located on the inner side of your hand. Imagine having a left hand on your right and a right on your left! Anyways, this is just speculation regarding a fictional edgy, green, horned saber toothed tiger, so I suppose it doesn't really matter XD

P.s I'm COPPA so it's hard to respond to messages or anything like that!
Image Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Tris/Mantis
They/she | Lesbian
Furry Artist !
Check my Instagram for
examples & commission
prices ♥
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Instagram
(ignore gross old art from 2018 😭♥)
Mantisbug

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: saber edgy mary sue

Postby 777angel » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:10 am

Mantisbug wrote:
Nice design! I really like their stripes!
I have a question though, why does she have dew claws on her hind legs (Yes I know this is possible, but tends to be more common in specific dog breeds, such as the Norwegian Lundehound, Saint Bernard, The Beauceron, etc...)
and why are they all on the outside of the paw?

From an article:
[size=87]"We examine the functional anatomy of the forelimb in the primitive sabre-toothed cat Promegantereon ogygia in comparison with that of the extant pantherins, other felids and canids. The study reveals that this early machairodontine had already developed strong forelimbs and a short and robust thumb, a combination that probably allowed P. ogygia to exert relatively greater forces than extant pantherins. These features can be clearly related to the evolution of the sabre-toothed cat hunting method, in which the rapid killing of prey was achieved with a precise canine shear-bite to the throat. In this early sabre-toothed cat from the Late Miocene, the strong forelimbs and thumb were adapted to achieve the rapid immobilization of prey, thus decreasing the risk of injury and minimizing energy expenditure. We suggest that these were the major evolutionary pressures that led to the appearance of the sabre-toothed cat model from the primitive forms of the Middle Miocene, rather than the hunting of very large prey, although these adaptations reached their highest development in the more advanced sabre-toothed cats of the Plio-Pleistocene, such as Smilodon and Homotherium. Although having very different body proportions, these later animals developed such extremely powerful forelimbs that they were probably able to capture relatively larger prey than extant pantherins."

Thus, I'd assume they had dew claws, but I couldn't find anything about rear dew claws. Even so, their dew claws are compared to thumbs which are located on the inner side of your hand. Imagine having a left hand on your right and a right on your left! Anyways, this is just speculation regarding a fictional edgy, green, horned saber toothed tiger, so I suppose it doesn't really matter XD

P.s I'm COPPA so it's hard to respond to messages or anything like that!

[/size]
yeah i forgot to mention it has wolf anatomy because i dont know saber/big cat anatomy yet but im planning to work on it ^^
ImageImageImageImage
ANGELpls follow my art instagram, catselll !!!!

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
777angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me