Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

dragon-dogs open species by axelandria

Based on Click to view
Artist axelandria [gallery]
Time spent 19 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
9 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

dragon-dogs open species

Postby axelandria » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:33 pm

feel free to colour these in, and edit the lines, but credit me (with a link to this post is preferred).

please read their about below before colouring in a dragon-dog c:
    do not claim as your own

do not sell for any currency (real or fake) without asking me for permission
    you may make free adoptables

dragon-dogs
    don't let their cuteness fool you, these beasts can end your life in ten seconds flat. dragon-dogs (scientifically vinoculous) are five feet tall at the shoulder when fully grown. they have two large canine teeth that grow in around age three, and the rest of their mouths are full of fifty-four tiny, sharp teeth. their horns, which grow in around age five, can enlarge by about six centimetres. the bottoms of their feet have hard, rock-like padding that allows them to walk on any surface, unaffected. their spikes, which grow in around age seven, are filled with a nasty venom that can paralyze a victim for up to thirty-eight hours. they have tremendous muscles and strength (can lift two times their body weight on shoulders or in mouth), amazing speed (70km/hour, short bursts), have incredible camouflage, and a bite almost as bad as a crocodile's.

when born, a dragon-dog (called dragon-pup until age ten) is two feet tall at the shoulder, and has no canines, no horns, and no spikes. they usually remain with both of their parents until age ten, and then they tend to join a group of other dragon-dogs around the same age (ages ten to twenty). around age twenty, they pair up with a mate. they mate for life. two dragon-dogs will normally wait around four years until they have any offspring. normal litters are around one to three pups. some dragon-dogs will not mate, instead helping other pairs of parents with their offspring, or simply remaining with other dragon-dogs in the same group they joined as youth. dragon-dogs will defend their young fiercely, often until they are overcome by their injuries.

there are around thirty to forty dragon-dogs in a pack, consisting mostly of females. dragon-dogs have been known to live up to fifty years. some dragon-dogs have been found to mate with another dragon-dog of the same sex, and either not have offspring, or one of the mates have offspring with a dragon-dog of the opposite sex, then raise the offspring with their same-sex mate.
    some dragon-dogs decorate themselves with flowers, leaves, vines, or moss. scientists believe it is for camouflage, though the mainstream public tend to lean more towards fashion. these creatures live mainly in rainforests, although a few packs have been found to roam mountains and near volcanoes. but these dragon-dogs are variations of grey instead of green.
Last edited by axelandria on Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

โ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ,
xxx๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด
โž

xxx
โ€ข call me axel (they/she)
โ€ข adopt a newbie
โ€ข toyhouse
โ€ข listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: dragon-dogs open species

Postby axelandria » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:06 am

bumperoo hope more people like this

โ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜จ๐˜ฆ,
xxx๐˜ด๐˜ถ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ๐˜ด
โž

xxx
โ€ข call me axel (they/she)
โ€ข adopt a newbie
โ€ข toyhouse
โ€ข listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sturmi » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:14 am

I love this soooo much the lines are SO cute
โคI'm an artist! find me on instagram and twitter or check out my art shopโค

ImageImageImage
hello! I love clowns so much, my little caterpillar would love if you could check out her circus!
always looking for more food/custume/old items!! feel free to send a trade over~
have a lovely day!
sturmi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby axelandria » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:34 pm

sturmi wrote:I love this soooo much the lines are SO cute