Based on Click to view
Artist _silentsiren_ [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
27 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

BLEUB 26: Twelve Drummers Drumming

Postby _silentsiren_ » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:29 am

WHAT IS A BLEUB?

Bleubs are a species of felid-like and almost gecko-like creatures known for walking like a kangaroo. Their key characteristic is their softer more fleshy underbellies and noses (think peach fuzz). They have small fat tongues that are extremely sticky and are used for grabbing berries and nuts from trees and bushes. Their tails and back legs are extremely strong and they are very nimble in maneuvering tough terrain. Very friendly and loved for their soft fur and skin, Bleubs have been growing in popularity and people have encouraged the spread of their adoption.

Merry Christmas ( to those who celebrate it ) and Happy Holidays!

It seems this bleub has forgotten at the very last minute to pack their drumsticks in their bag. In such a rush, they forgot them and are now without any. Please write/draw a story of them finding a way to overcome this trial and a creative way of them accomplishing that! Feel free to have as much fun ( or as little ) as you'd like.

The max word limit is 500 words, with ONE extra. You can get another 200 words, OR another piece of art. Yes, the art can be commissioned :> - No comics/gifs/animations are allowed.

Just to clarify:
      You can enter with an art piece OR 500 words, and get one extra of 200 words OR another art piece. :^)
      So yes, you can do 500 words and a piece of art explaining it.

Forgot to add but this will end January 10th @ 10pm CST

Code: Select all
      [b]username:[/b]
      [b]name:[/b]
      [b]gender:[/b]
      [b]prompt:[/b] ( 500 words OR 1 art piece )
      [b]extra:[/b] ( 200 words OR 1 art piece )
Last edited by _silentsiren_ on Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
_silentsiren_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BLEUB 26: Twelve Drummers Drumming

Postby Scturn » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:50 am

username: 55firefly
name: Leonie
prompt: Art pieces // Big wip
extra: Art pieces // Big wip
Scturn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mousekewitz » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:41 pm

username:
name: matias
prompt: ( 500 words OR 1 art piece )
extra: ( 200 words OR 1 art piece )

+ poor kid in trailer park, bangs on drums for the rest of the park as a lil performance
Last edited by mousekewitz on Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i have decided to move on from cs
im simply not as invested or active as i used to be

thank you to everyone who makes this site possible
to every supportive, kind community member ive met
the friends i have made and lost, the experiences ive had
its been an unforgettable ride & i will miss yall

thank you to my wife for introducing me
cs has been a huge part of our lives all this time
and im excited to see where life takes me next
mousekewitz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nightcrawler. » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:31 pm

username:
Cowboy McCree
name:
Kento
prompt:
(500/500 words)
Kento was one of the drummers in a heavily well known marching band, and had the tough job of playing the fastest beat in all the songs. He was the tempo keeper, the one responsible for the timing of every note struck, every key pressed, and every beat hit. Nobody in the band could do his job as well as he could, and his drum meant the world to him. This would be all well and good if he hadn't lost his favorite drumsticks just before one of the biggest marches of the year. Kento was anxious to find his drumsticks, but after a couple minutes of impatient searching, he gave up hope. He asked around, the conductor, his band mates, and even the bus driver. Nobody had seen his drumsticks. Just as he was about to give up hope, he heard a sound outside of the hotel they were staying in. They were in one of the biggest cities around and there was a whole stretch of road they had to perform on, which was being blocked off in preparation for the band. Kento ran outside to see where the sound was coming from, following it around the street corner and in front of a poor looking store front. There was a small crowd surrounding an older man drumming an upbeat tune on a drum-kit. The man looked like he was having a blast, and the crowd was dancing along, some were even filming. Once Kento got closer to the action, he managed to see the man in full. He had a white mane, a bit chubby, and looked strong. In the man's hands were two beautiful drumsticks, just the kind Kento needed! The man noticed Kento in full get-up for the march that was to be happening very soon. The man smiled and waved Kento over. "What are you doin' over here boy? Don't you got yer own performance to be gettin' to? Or did ye come here to challenge me to a drummin' battle? Cause if it the latter, I'll have ye know that I'm a pretty formidable foe!" Kento looked confused but the man put his hand on Kento's shoulder and offered him his drum sticks. "I'll take that facial expression as if them were fightin' words! Let the drum battle begin!" The old man exclaimed and whipped out new drum sticks for himself. The old man was using his drum kit while he handed Kento some buckets and trashcans that were flipped upside down. Kento didn't see how this was fair at all, but once the old man proceeded with playing, Kento decided to go for it anyways. After an intense drum battle, the old man huffed as he lost his breath. "Well played boy, I wouldn't say ye won, but I definitely commend ye for yer efforts! As a participation prize, I'll let ye take any one item from my music store behind me." Kento smiled as he walked out with some new drumsticks.
extra:
wip art

RabidRhys

Nightcrawler.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:10 pm

username: Junkratss
name: Tristan
prompt:
(sorry this isn't finished, my computer deleted everything. I don't even have an image without the white background, unfortunately.)
extra:

Tristan knew immediately something was off, as he headed into the band room, it clicked with him. His drumsticks. Like every drummer, he had a favorite set of sticks, taped up to his liking and worn down, but still giving a good and resounding click. Yet no matter how much he searched, they were nowhere to be found. It's not as if Tristan really NEEDED his drumsticks... there was no big performance today. But the ordeal is,he can't stop tapping, ticking, clicking, and sticking. Tristan would never be able to get through the day without something to quell his incessant need to throw down some sick licks.

Tristan went on a quest to find some sticks. The center marimba happened to have a pair of sticks (he could rarely be found without a couple pairs). However, borrowing his sticks came with... a condition. The center marimba looked sly about the whole thing, pulling the front ensemble's hype (a poorly kempt, somewhat mutilated doll) from its perch atop the xylophone, and thrust it into Tristan's hands. If - he grinned - Tristan wanted to borrow the drumsticks, he would be tasked with babysitting the pit's "baby". Baby harness and all.
Last edited by sobble on Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _silentsiren_ » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:25 am

I will be extending this to January 12th @ 7pm :^)

Hopefully I'll have enough time to judge by then but there will be no further extensions.
_silentsiren_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SaltyBirb » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:45 am

username: SaltyBirb
name: Suha
prompt:
[239/500]
Suha stood in front of Room 314, he could hear their lyrists practicing the tune of their song. He slowly walked in, causing his bandmates to abruptly stop their playing. They greeted him tiredly and he nodded back before they went back to playing. He heaved a sigh as he sat down on his seat. Their performance was nearing and everyone was on edge, he could feel the tension in the air and he was also starting to feel bad for coming in late. He pulled himself together and started to reach into his bag for his-- wait. Suha could feel his heart beating fast as he rummaged through his bag, only to feel devastated when he couldn't feel the familiar wooden handles of the drumsticks. He started too panic but willed himself to calm down and think of an alternative. His eyes flitted all over the room until it landed on a few empty bottles thrown haphazardly on the ground. He looked left and right before diving in to grab two of them. He tested it out using his hands before using it to drum. He didn't exactly have high hopes for this idea but there was nothing else he could do. Much to his surprise, it actually worked! It felt a little awkward to use them since he was much more used to the thin handles of his drumsticks, but this will do for the time being.
extra:
here the link if the img doesn't work
SaltyBirb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stormowalf » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:42 am

username: Stormowalf
name: Maru
prompt: "oh god, Not today! Not on a day like this!"
Maru was a rookie, a rookie drummer. She had just joined the marching band this year, she was trying her best to make a good impression and her efforts paid off, she was allowed to join the big festival march held every year in her town.

Maru was leaving the train station when she found out she had forgotten her mahogany drumsticks. She was completely unaware she had left them at home, until she had stuck her paw into her bag to look for her train ticket. She had almost turned her bag upside down, inside out, looking for her beloved drumsticks. She the colour had drained from her face completely. She was already mapping out the apology she'd have to give to the members of the band when she was at the train ticket gate. She was shaking from the nerves, the embarrassment she'd have to face.

"Why me! Why now?"

Maru dragged her feet along the path, her face in her paws, playing her apology again and again and again in her head until she had tripped on a stick.
She sneered at the splintered piece of wood. She was already in a bad enough mood. She picked up the stick and readied to toss it across the road. Then it struck her. Her eyes widened, the stick in her paw suddenly widely important to her. She examined the stubby piece of wood, it was the right size, right weight. It was almost perfect for her to use it as a drum stick. She just had to find another just like it. She peered up at the oak tree from which the stick fell from. She peered at the branch hanging lowest on the oak tree. It was almost identical to the one she was holding right now! All she had to do was get it.
Maru set her bag and the stick down as she climbed the tree carefully. She grinned as she grabbed hold of the branch. Maru struggled to snap the branch off of the tree trunk. Her feet suddenly gave way underneath her. Her paws grabbed onto the branch for dear life but it couldn't hold her weight. It snapped and she came crashing down.

She gingerly rubbed the back of her head as she whimpered at the bump forming at the back of her head. But she couldn't rest now! She beamed at her newfound drum sticks and stuffed them in her bag. She was saved! She might get a few odd looks but at least she'll be able to drum. Ad they always say,

"The show must go on"
(447/500)

extra: Maru brought her "drum sticks" out as they began practice. The other drummers around her widened their eyes at the sight of her makeshift drum sticks but they kept their mouths shut. To Maru's relief the sticks had worked perfectly, she wasn't used to them at first but she managed.

"Showtime in five everyone! Grab your stuff and we have to leave!"

Maru rushed with everyone else to the changing rooms as she hastily put on her coat and grabbed her hat. She winced when she slid on her tall band hat as it rested right on her new and raw bruise.

"Hey Maru? You coming?" her bandmate chirped,
"Yeah, I'll be out, just gimme a sec"

She stroked her bruise again and put her hat right back on, its ok, she'll manage.

The time finally came, the annual town festival and her school band was up first. Maru was nervous, of course she was! She was worried sick in the morning that she wouldn't be able to even get out there and play but now she was worried sick that her drum sticks won't do. She sucked in a breath as she watched the director lift his paw.

Showtime.

Everything had gone exactly to plan. The flutes began whistling a happy tune as the trumpets joined along. The clarinets began humming and the drums too joined the chorus. Maru's legs, Maru's paws moved perfectly to the beat. Her twigs worked perfectly! Had she missed that lonely stick on the sidewalk, had she not tripped on it, had she left it on the side of the road, she wouldn't be able to be playing right now.

She'd never loved trees as much as she had now.
𝔸 ℝ𝕀𝕍𝔼ℝ 𝕔𝕦π•₯𝕀 π•₯π•™π•£π• π•¦π•˜π•™

xxxxx 𝕒 ℝ𝕆ℂ𝕂 π•Ÿπ• π•₯
𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕀𝕖 𝕠𝕗 π•šπ•₯𝕀 β„™π•†π•Žπ”Όβ„,
xxxxx𝕓𝕦π•₯ π•šπ•₯𝕀
β„™π”Όβ„π•Šπ•€π•Šπ•‹π”Όβ„•β„‚π”Ό

β—€texttextexttexttexttexttexttexttextβ—₯
kalons β™’οΈŽ xxx β™’οΈŽ TH
ImageImage
My name's Wren and I'm largely inactive on CS now rip
pfp credit β™’οΈŽ xxx β™’οΈŽ friendo!
β—£texttextexttexttexttexttexttexttextβ—’
Stormowalf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _silentsiren_ » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:14 pm

FORGOT TO CLOSE THIS! SORRY WORK HAS BEEN HELL!

thank you for being patient with me ;w;
_silentsiren_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _silentsiren_ » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:05 am

Thank you for your patience! :'^) I finally got a day off and I'm somewhat decently rested.

I took the time to look over the forms and I wanted to give out an honorable mention to SaltyBirb!!

Your story was so creative and adorable! I love the little artwork that paired with it <3 - It was very creative to come up with bottles as replacement drumsticks! Thank you for sharing your talents! :^3c

Now, the winner is junkratss!

I loved your cute story including the "baby" it was wonderful and I absolutely adored the whole story over all. It was a good chuckle and I really enjoyed your work! Thank you for sharing your talents! :^D
_silentsiren_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me