Artist envious. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 36 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Eris --- Unrest MYO

Postby envious. » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:41 am

Name ➳ Eris
Name Meaning ➳ The Greek goddess of chaos, strife and discord
Description ➳ A red/cream husky with dull blue eyes, a dipped snout, and rounded ears.

(I can't draw paws for the life of me, also, this is my first drawing on the oekaki! The timer is a bit off, because I sat and stared at the screen for a little trying to figure out what to do)

‒‒‒

Task One || Describing Your Bracket
How the bracket was formed Before this bracket was made, life was rough. Dogs and cats fought, and they fought for their lives. It wasn't a healthy way to live, and no one was benefiting from this lifestyle. No one would have ever thought of forming a safe, secure group if not for the wise words of a young dog, a pup-- Bellamy. He didn't fully understand what was going on, but he knew it wasn't good. He knew that everyone living all by their lonesome, and fending for themselves, wasn't good. So one day, he gathered up the courage to let out a mighty bark (well... as mighty as a six month old puppy can sound), and he addressed their issue. He came up with a solution, and they all listened keenly, some scoffed and laughed at him, thinking that a young dog like him couldn't possible solve their issue-- but he did. The felines and canines decided that his idea of forming groups... brackets, would help them. Bellamy claimed to have seen other houses use this tactic, and other areas of their own house use this method, and Bellamy's area? They didn't get news of that helpful technique, so Bellamy decided to bring it upon himself, to inform them, and to get them to accept the new method, for the greater good. However, he didn't want to join any brackets, mainly because he wanted his own, he wanted to make his own bracket-- with the one whom he loves, Eris. So Bellamy went on, making a bracket, and dubbing it The Outsiders; for dogs and felines alike, who were young at the time, but only one joined, and that was Eris. Even to this day, with Bellamy and Eris as adults, they're the only ones in the bracket, at least for now.

What the bracket does Bellamy's bracket likes to strive for health. This bracket believes in health above anything else, and how do they do that? Bellamy makes sure to keep everyone safe, and if anyone is to be hurt or fall ill, he will be there to help them. He's very adamant about helping others, even before he helps himself. Eris knows that, and she embraces that mindset as well. They both believe that everyone in the bracket should remain safe, full and quenched. They believe that their bracket should be centered on health and love, not hunger and desperation. They take care of the weakest first, because they believe that they are worth it, they don't abandon anyone who's seriously hurt or ill, and even if they waste resources on trying to help someone and they die-- they believe it's worth it. They are very family oriented, and they make sure to care for each other before they care for themselves, they value selflessness. Bellamy strives to show that his bracket is strong and selfless. He wants to prove that they are the quintessence of what a bracket should at least be. The Outsiders value health, prosperity, family, and selflessness above other things. They want to be different when it comes to what they love, care for, and value.

Living conditions The Outsiders reside at the base of a mountain, where the trees are full and thick, providing much needed shelter for them. The group takes ferns and pine needles to make cushion for them when they sleep, even though the pines may be pointy, they use it as a base and have ferns and other plants as what they lay on. The ground is usually between dry and moist, which makes it easy to dig and make dens for them to all sleep in. A small sinkhole filled to the brim with fresh water, which can run low or high depending on the weather and time of year. Bellamy's den is a pile of lumber that points up, like a tepee. Other member's dens are dug out, and covered with lumber atop of it so it's concealed, various plants grow around the entry and around it. Mushrooms are abundant around the camp, they've yet to be considered healthy to eat. There's a small cave nearby, that the members can all go to in case their campground gets flooded with water, or if they're in serious danger-- it's like a hideout. The campground isn't too large, but it's decent enough for an average sized group of canines (and felines). The rest of their territory contains rough patches of dirt beyond their campground, and a pathway that leads into the heart of Beltza.

The bracket's crest Bellamy is into.. odd symbols and text, and among the various he has logged down, his favorite will forever remain The Outsiders crest. Eris rather enjoys how their emblem isn't an animal of any sort, or a weapon.

Task Two || Your Characters Role
What are they like in the bracket, and towards others? Eris can be a bit of a nuisance. She loves to pull practical jokes on others, and she's very good at teasing others and making fun of them. However she never does anything that's rude or mean. Sometimes she'll be goofy or mischievous just to make others happy, especially pups or kittens. However, she can be a serious lass as well. She takes things seriously (surprisingly) and she watches out for everyone much like Bellamy. She wishes for them to be safe, and she could never bring harm upon someone else unless they're threatening anyone she cares for. Eris is really determined about keeping everyone safe and making sure they're all happy. If one was to give her a rank, she'd be a caretaker or mother bear of sorts. Eris firmly believes that she is here take care of the old, the sick, the young, and the injured. She takes pride in what she does ,and devotes most, if not all of her time to helping others. She may seem like she doesn't take it very seriously, but she takes it to heart, and she really cares about helping others. Eris is a bit naive and mischievous, but before she acts like that, she makes sure to tend to others.

Task Three || Your Character's Reputation
How do others outside your bracket view your character? Canines and felines not in the bracket usually assume that she's a puppy, and that she can't be relied on, whatsoever. They believe that Eris is a trickster and only that-- due to how she can be mischievous and how she can act a little immature for her age. However, some outsiders that aren't in her bracket, can see that she truly cares for others, mainly because she sometimes helps those who aren't in her bracket, even though Bellamy isn't all too happy with that.
How about those who would be in your bracket? The canines and felines in her bracket think of her as a trustworthy member, they know she likes to joke around-- but her good deeds and caring personality top that; she has a very nurturing personality, and she's determined to be there for everyone. Eris is much like a mother figure to everyone, due to how she babies some of them, and how she's always there to care for her fellow bracket members. Despite her mother-like tendencies and nature she can be a bit of a fool and mess around every now and then, providing much needed laughter and entertainment for others.

Task Four || Your Characters Element
What is their element? Water
Do they enjoy having it? It varies from moment to moment. Sometimes Eris enjoys her element, and sometimes she wishes that she either didn't have it, or that she had a different element; she only ever wishes that she had a different element because she finds hers to be boring, she wants to have something more interesting, she doesn't think that water fits that or fits her personality. Despite that, she is grateful to have an element, and she's rather happy it isn't earth, because she honestly hates anything dealing with dirt and whatnot.
Do they use it a lot, or only in special circumstances? Eris doesn't use her element a lot, mainly because she's not yet sure of how far her element can go when it comes to using it, and she doesn't wish to hurt anyone by accident. Sometimes she might use it for a little bit of fun and mischief, but even then-- that's on occasion. Another reason she doesn't use it often, is because she's afraid of hurting someone with it. She absolutely fears causing anyone any harm, and she can't help but feel like she has to keep her ability locked away. Eris occasionally thinks she won't hurt anyone, and use her element for simple things, due to how she has yet to be certain of how to use it.

Task Five || Your Characters History
How did they find themselves in their bracket/house? She got into her bracket due to how her and Bellamy grew up together, and Bellamy naturally turned to her and asked if she'd be a part of his group. Being close to Bellamy, Eris of course, accepted and decided she'd help Bellamy make his dream bracket come true, so others could have a chance at a safe place, unlike how she and Bellamy had when they were growing up. Her house, she was born in, and her parents kept her there because it was far to impossible for her to be able to go to other houses due to how young she was, and how far she was from other houses, even then she couldn't leave because she felt a strong loyalty towards Bellamy.
Were they born there? Eris was born in her house, and she really likes that she was able to grow up in a place where nothing got sugarcoated, due to how she's heard stories of people getting babied up until they age and when they age, they freak out because they were lied to when they were younger. She's rough n' tough, knows the ropes, but at the same time-- she's one of the most kind and caring canines here.
How did growing up affect them? Growing up really shaped Eris to be who she is now. As a pup she was careless, but as she aged, she slowly began to realize things, and she understood that she had to make herself more mature so she could live healthily. She was always told that if she started off as a soft, innocent dog, that she'd end up in a bad place-- so naturally, she became hardened and serious, which also led to her thieving from other canines and felines. Despite all of that, she ended up meeting Bellamy, which made her change her lifestyle again, and she let herself grow softer, which was a bigger benefit from what she was like before. Eris is now kind and caring, rather than how she could have been if Bellamy didn't enter her life.

Task Six || Optional, your choice!
Their relationship with other members in the bracket Eris only has one close relationship in the bracket currently, Bellamy. She and Bellamy are close, and they grew up together. Bellamy is very fond of her, and she is very fond of Bellamy. They don't like to announce it, but they are a "thing". The thought of having a family hasn't entered their minds enough yet to where they should settle down and talk about it, they believe that it should happen in the future, but when? They don't know, they don't want to plan anything out, because plans can get ruined and such. They want it to happen "naturally". However, even though Eris isn't too close to anyone else, she is kind and whatnot to them, she considers everyone else friends, none are particularly close to her though.

What's their hobby? Poetry! She's very into writing poems, especially based on emotions and weather! She often finds her muse late at night, and she keeps her poetry to herself. Eris usually writes ill-humored and dark poetry, in which she doesn't want to share since it can elicit bad emotions in others. Poetry is a form of venting for her since she usually keeps her emotions all to herself, she wants to rub happiness off to others, even if she herself isn't that happy-- she feels the need to make others happy.
Last edited by envious. on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
envious.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Eris --- Unrest MYO

Postby Venatici » Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:37 am

what a good baby!!! I love them <3
they're accepted, feel free to start your development tasks whenever! :D Can't wait to see what you do!!
|
|

|

|
|
|

|
|

𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝’𝚜 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗’𝚝 𝚒𝚝?
𝚃𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜𝚝, 𝚊𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕.

𝙸’𝚖 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸’𝚖 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚢𝚘𝚞

───────────────────────────────────── ♥ ──────
morgan . he/him pronouns
my love ♥ lgbt+ . blm

gonny b gayrosebark bark
beankilogramgiant rat

──────── ♥ ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist