Forum rules
Anthro Art must follow our Code of Conduct rules regarding nudity.
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Ninja Trade Awareness PSA by Gloo Soda

Artist Gloo Soda [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
114 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Ninja Trade Awareness PSA

Postby Gloo Soda » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:23 am

I'm not the best artist, but I tried my best to make a decent illustration to catch some attention!

Let's make December "Ninja Trading Awareness Month", no?

Either way, please be sure to help newer and less experienced players so that they can protect their December 18th release pets from ninja traders!

Here's some tips for new players who may be reading this.

Q: "What is ninja trading?"
A: Ninja trading is the intentional act of targeting players who are not well versed in rarity and value to trick them out of their rarer pets. Basically, the ninja trader will send a trade to another person offering rather low value pets for something much more valuable, but does not tell the other person this.

While in literal terms this is an act of scamming, it is not considered a scam under CS rules as it is impossible to tell somebody's intention (a suspected ninja trade could simply just be a bad offer by someone else who is just clueless about rarity and value, so separating this from scamming was a necessary evil that prevents false scamming reports; sending a bad trade is not inherently against CS rules).

Therefore, CS regards "scamming" as outright telling the other player that their pet is worth less than it actually is. A rule against ninja trading cannot be enforced as the person doing it simply does not state anything regarding value; they will either send an innocent message not related to pet value, or they will not send a message at all.

However, we know this occurs because...well, there are people who admit to doing it. So these people are definitely out there, and are looking to swindle you out of your valuable pets!

-----------------------------

Q: "Why so much concern in December, especially December 18th in particular?"
A: On December 18th, a special gift box is released that gives each player random pets. These random pets are re-releases of older pets, which often includes pets from as far back as 2008. This means that you have a shot at receiving some EXTREMELY valuable pets. Meaning, even newbies can receive 2008 VRs or OMGSRs. Ninja traders are opportunists and will take advantage of a new player's lack of knowledge to snatch these pets from them.

So now you know what it is, and you can protect yourself from it!

--> Place your new pet in a LOCKED GROUP to prevent other users from trying to trade with you until you're sure of how much it's worth, or whether you want to even trade it at all!

--> When you first get a pet from your December 18th box, IDENTIFY it first! You can do this by either searching through the Archive, or if you are having trouble finding it, you can ask what pet it is and where to find it in this thread.

--> Now you know what pet it is. Now what? Well, if you are unsure of what your pet is worth, you can ask for help in the "How Much Is This Pet Worth" thread. Try getting multiple opinions from experienced users if you can! Make sure to ALWAYS ask questions before trading away a rare pet. If you don't understand the lingo someone uses --- for example, if you don't know what they mean when they say your pet is worth "a non" or "two toxics", ask them to explain what that means! Most members of the community are patient and willing to help you.

--> You should now have a good idea as to how valuable your pet is. If you like your pet and would like to keep it, put it in a locked group for safekeeping, and enjoy having it in your collection, where you can dress it up or maybe even add it to a dressup scene with other players!

--> Or perhaps you've decided that you don't want the pet for your collection, and would rather put it in your trade group. That's fine too! But keep in mind that if you are a new player, ninja traders will take this as a chance to get a rare pet for cheap! To prevent this, you should always check with the "Is This A Fair Trade" thread before accepting any trades. Don't be afraid to decline trades that turn out to not be fair to you! Of course, don't be rude about it either --- that'll only get you in trouble! Decline politely and continue on your way until you find a good, fair trade that makes both of you happy.

--> Share this with any newbies you may be friends with, so that they can keep their valuable pets safe this year!

That's everything you need to know! Have a wonderful December 18th, and happy holidays!

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Ninja Trade Awareness PSA

Postby sockwearer » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:42 am

preach !! all new players need to see this !
hi!! i'm jesse and i go by he/him pronouns! i love overwatch, marine biology, paleontology, drawing, writing, listening to music and playing video games so i guess pm me if you wanna talk about those things? i have anxiety so i can be awkward in pms but don't let that deter you!
my art shop! / my offsite commissions!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♤ᴄᴀʟʟ_ᴍᴇ_ᴍᴀᴘʟᴇsʜᴀᴅᴇ♤ » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:02 am

Woah, tysm! I just joined and had no actual idea about this. Now I'm safe ^^

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇs, ✼

words words words words words words words words
Draw Me A Species WC Character Storage #StopHorseAbuse CaveClan RP Sakuraclan - RISE[url]✼[/url]
©

✼Sᴋɪɴ ᴛᴏ ʙᴏɴᴇ✼
xxxxxxxxxxxx

♤ᴄᴀʟʟ_ᴍᴇ_ᴍᴀᴘʟᴇsʜᴀᴅᴇ♤

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloo Soda » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:11 am

bump

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowrails » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:03 am

This is good information, and the art is really cool too! ^_^

Sean ☆ they/them

Not too active anymore
Will make customs or art for wishlist pets!
I like Kagepro, Saiki K, WOF, Minecraft, and Pokemon if you wanna talk in my pms

Was Bulbsaur from 2015-2019
Pardner in crime

ImageImageImage
Meowrails

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Svetigris » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:20 am

They need to make a rule for this
Ninja traders are really bad...
Svetigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gloo Soda » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Mewwthesabertiger wrote:They need to make a rule for this
Ninja traders are really bad...

Unfortunately, it is impossible to make a rule against ninja trading. While individual users might be able to infer when they are being ninja'd or if they are just being sent a bad trade by a less experienced user, "gut feeling" is not enough proof for moderators.

Like I said, in LITERAL terms, this is an act of scamming. However, as per CS rules, "scamming" and "ninja trading" are separated, and ninja trading is not a reportable offense since it would result in a lot of false scamming reports.

Put simply, if the trade partner does not leave a trade message trying to outright lie to you about a pet's value, there is no way to determine what their intent is.

Most users go by the year in which the player signed up to determine if it's a possible ninja attempt, but even this doesn't check out because there are, believe it or not, a handful of players that have been inactive since 2009 and may not have knowledge of "trade math". That's just an example, but my point is that even older players may simply not understand rarity and value, and may just be sending bad trades without the intent to scam.

The best thing that can be done about this is to spread awareness to newer players and make sure they know where to go to learn about the value of their pets.

Trades

Gloo Soda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Svetigris » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:14 am

bump
Svetigris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WarriorRazorclaw » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:59 pm

Bump, this is great info!
I always click clickables in signatures!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
WarriorRazorclaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Targaryen » Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:11 am