Viscet #2870 — Candle Dragon (rollover) by Unleashed Squiid

Based on Click to view
Artist Unleashed Squiid [gallery]
Time spent 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
18 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2870 — Candle Dragon (rollover)

Postby Unleashed Squiid » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:32 pm

They're based off of those pretty Christmas candle decorations or Christmas lights. They’re so simple but I really love this kid. Something about them I see just so cute to me, maybe the face?

Anyhow, to win this kid, please write me some sort of story relating to one of the following words:

Coziness.

Light.

Fairy.

You may use up to 1000 words, and two extras. The extras may be anything. If you’re unsure, just ask. Ends on the 23. c:

Code: Select all
username:
name:
gender/gen for breeding:
prompt:
Merry Christmas!
Last edited by Unleashed Squiid on Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Squid || She/Her || ENFP || Kals
Image hello I am tiny and you can’t read me! :) Imagehello I am font and you can’t read me! :) Image
Unleashed Squiid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2870 — Candle Dragon

Postby Strudel » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:36 pm

Marking to enter <333 omg I adore this bab! So gorgeous~

username: Strudel
name: Kait (previously Kensley)
gender/gen for breeding: female
prompt: Fairy;

-There's nothing to be afraid of.-

The swamp never slept. Even as the sun fell below the horizon, nothing ever grew quiet. The sounds of frogs, crickets, and the sounds of running, dripping water. There was never a silent moment, and as Kensley waded through the waters in the Great Marsh, she had to remind herself that this wasn't unnatural.

-It's always like this. There's nothing to be afraid of.-

However, the deeper Kensley found herself in this swampy area, the more afraid she grew. At first the crickets dies down, leaving the ambient noise of a few frogs and the sounds of the water. The deeper into the trees she traveled, the less she would hear the frogs. And then, eventually, even the water had nearly grown quiet, and the only sounds to be heard were from Kensley herself, noisily finding her way through the swamp until eventually, she found the center. For miles it seemed, you could see in this clearing. Instead of the woody plants that thrived in the swampier areas, this area was more marsh-like. This area, this was why it was called the Great Marsh.

The waterlogged land was covered in various reeded plants and so many varieties of grass, she could hardly count them. Kensley's breath caught in her throat as she watched the Marsh Wisps of legend dance across the still pools of water, only occasionally seeing ripples across the surface when one would barely touch down against the glassy surface.

-See? What did I say? There was nothing to be scared of.- At least, she tried to convince herself of this as she carefully eyed the balls of light she had only heard legends of until this very night. -I do wonder if they are really little trickster fae, as the legends say.- she shook her head of that and continued on in a new direction.

-'Due east, until you see a tree in the distance.' That's what he said, wasn't it?- Kensley huffed a little as she headed that way. She knew she should stop and rest, but she didn't want to break pace when she was so close. Sweat beaded on her brow, mixing with her naturally wet consistency as she continued on in the direction she knew was east until she could see a tree in the distance.

As exhausted as she was, she pushed forward faster to reach the tree, undeterred by the presence of even more of those wisps than before. They had left her alone so far, she expected them to do the same now. She was no longer scared of anything, at that moment, with the promise of the well close at hand.

-The wellspring... I'm so close. 'Due north of the great tree.' That was the next bit- she reminded herself as she took in a deep breath. She leaned against the tree gently and looked north.

She did not actually expect to see the well when she looked. She was certain it would be miles off, but just several yards north of the tree, the wisps danced around a small, stone well. Kensley could hear a small trickle of water echoing from the direction, even.

Kensley's eyes lit up as she began running there at full speed. She would not wait another moment to drink the water, and to make her wish.

She practically landed against the well as she ran at it full speed, colliding against the rocks with a grunt. She didn't care. She immediately checked the side for a rope, but finding none she crawled over the lip of the well and started the long climb down the uneven rocks. She didn't care that it was dangerous, she had come here with a purpose and she would fulfil it.

Somehow, by some miracle, she didn't slip against the rocks and found herself knee-deep in the stream below the well. She was surprised to find that it was more cavernous than she expected, and if she had wanted to follow the stream she could have, but instead she left a small coin in the water as an offering before she dipped her paws in the water. She raised a palmful of water to her lips before taking a small drink.

The water was cool, clear, and tasted sweet. -I want to be a different person, a better person.- she had much to regret, and much she had lost. This was her ticket to a better life. If she could be better, she thought, then she could do better.

The moment after she made the wish, she looked around confused.

-Where am I?- she thought as her eyes again adjusted to the darkness. She called out the same question, getting only her echo in return.

-Who am I?-

With no answers to these questions, Kensley found herself looked up to the sky from the well, where the full moon was visible. She took a deep breath, and instead of climbing up she found herself floating up. -Could I always do that?- but she had no answers still.

When her paws hit the soft grasses of the marsh near the well, she let herself collapse.

-What am I?-

Somehow, this was the question she knew the answer to. She watched as the many wisps circled her, checking her out curiously. It was almost as if the answer to her question was whispered on the wind.

-Fae.- the word came to her in a rush.

-I'm of the fairy folk. I'm a fae.-

Kensley grinned, though she didn't have a name yet. In time, she would give herself another. When she awoke the next day, after sleeping by the tree, she would give herself the name Kait.

So it was Kait-- not Kensley-- that would soon call the Great Marsh home. It was Kait that would grow curious of mortals, and wander out again to cause trouble as so many fae do.

It was Kait who had an eternal life ahead of her now.

[1000/1000]

Extras;

WIP

Merry Christmas to you, too, Squid!
Last edited by Strudel on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Strudel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ringo. » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:37 pm

Dropping out
Last edited by Ringo. on Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

*° *
Icon by Jay
Hi, I'm Ringo!
Pronouns are She/They/He
I am autistic
Please feel free to message me for anything! c:

*° *
TH || Soll ♥
Ringo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virixin » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:38 pm

,, mark , im in love ; v;
Virixin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby raven [烏] » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:38 pm

username: norang
name: chronos
gender/gen for breeding: female
prompt:
-- mark!
Sitting around the fireplace, everyone gathered for the annual Christmas celebration. A season of giving, joy and love.
raven | she/he/they
“life finds a way” – ian malcolm
abt | kals | ♡ | TH
raven [烏]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me