Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Wolf in Snow by NeoLikesWolves

Artist NeoLikesWolves [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 33 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Wolf in Snow

Postby NeoLikesWolves » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:09 pm

Just a doodle~
CC is appreciated!
NeoLikesWolves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wolf in Snow

Postby sockwearer » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:39 pm

i love the colors and background!
however, i noticed that you may need to brush up on drawing legs. they're kind of weirdly lumpy, and they are more circular towards the top and the transition to the thinner part of a leg is a big awkward. this can be fixed by referencing images of wolves and just practicing.
i do really like the coloring on the wolf! it could be a little bit cleaner but the blending of the markings and the main color looks very nice, and i love the eye color you chose. it's vibrant against the dull coat, but not so bright that it's an eyesore!
i think you could've spent a little bit more time on the snow, as some of them are long stripes and shapes which wouldn't usually be seen in a snowflake. something i'd suggest is using different brush sizes and trying multiple different pressures, using the pen lighter in some spots and harder in others. just try and not do them too quickly, as then they can look a little messy.
sorry if i'm being annoying haha, i just wanna help <:
overall i really like it!! it's really nice on the eyes
hi!! i'm jesse and i go by he/him pronouns! i love overwatch, marine biology, paleontology, drawing, writing, listening to music and playing video games so i guess pm me if you wanna talk about those things? i have anxiety so i can be awkward in pms but don't let that deter you!
my art shop! / my offsite commissions!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wolf in Snow

Postby NeoLikesWolves » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:09 am

potioncat wrote:i love the colors and background!
however, i noticed that you may need to brush up on drawing legs. they're kind of weirdly lumpy, and they are more circular towards the top and the transition to the thinner part of a leg is a big awkward. this can be fixed by referencing images of wolves and just practicing.
i do really like the coloring on the wolf! it could be a little bit cleaner but the blending of the markings and the main color looks very nice, and i love the eye color you chose. it's vibrant against the dull coat, but not so bright that it's an eyesore!
i think you could've spent a little bit more time on the snow, as some of them are long stripes and shapes which wouldn't usually be seen in a snowflake. something i'd suggest is using different brush sizes and trying multiple different pressures, using the pen lighter in some spots and harder in others. just try and not do them too quickly, as then they can look a little messy.
sorry if i'm being annoying haha, i just wanna help <:
overall i really like it!! it's really nice on the eyes

Thanks so much for the cc! I also agree that the legs do look a bit weird, I will definitely work on that on my next drawing. I was rushing a bit on the snow, it was getting late and I wanted to finish the drawing haha
But thank you so much for telling me to improve and not "your bad!!!!!" or something. <3

Last bumped by NeoLikesWolves on Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:09 am.
NeoLikesWolves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me