Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Pernese Dragon & Fire-Lizard Editable by Simonpet

Artist Simonpet [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 6

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Pernese Dragon & Fire-Lizard Editable

Postby Simonpet » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:31 am

Dragonriders of Pern is a series by Anne McCaffrey. This is an editable meant for coloring in dragon and fire-lizard characters from that universe. I would advise using this website for more information about the physiology of dragons and fire-lizards.

Notes:
  • This image, taken from that website, is good for deciding what color your dragon/fire-lizard will be.
  • An interesting note is that Pernese dragon/fire-lizard eyes are compound like insects, and change colors depending on the dragon's mood. This image, also taken from the previous website, is good to figure out what color(s) your dragon/fire-lizard's eyes should be with any given mood. This image from here also shows the different colors of dragons and their eyes.
  • There are five colors of dragons/fire-lizards: gold, bronze, brown, blue, or green. Golds and greens are females, and bronzes, browns, and blues are males. Other colors, including white, are not canon but you may use them.
  • The simplified canon order of dominance is: golds on top with their bronze mates, browns in the middle, and blues and greens on the bottom.
  • It's recommended that you use lock-alpha on the color layer to color it in neatly.
Rules
  • Please glance at these rules, which are the fanfiction rules for anything Pern-related.
  • Please credit me for the lineart if this drawing is taken offsite. You may take credit for the design.
  • If you're part of CAV, feel free to make as many Pernese dragon/fire-lizard characters as you want, but remember not to add them to your village until or unless you receive one in your mod reply.
If you have any questions about the series or dragons/fire-lizards, feel free to PM me! Otherwise, have fun. <3
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me