Entry #1 - Dapple Grey Dun by AceCavalier

Based on Click to view
Artist AceCavalier [gallery]
Time spent 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 3

Entry #1 - Dapple Grey Dun

Postby AceCavalier » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:49 pm

Entry: 1 2 3

So I thought I'd try out for these just to see what happens??
I'm very familiar with equine genetics but not so much other animals so I'm sorry in advance if I get anything mixed up!

Phenotype: Solid Grey Dun with Mask Stocking and Shadow Top
Genotype: Ss // EM // TˢT // DP // IS // ms // iw // WM // Pb // RG // RRᵃ // LA // hh // ST //
Eye Colour: Peppermint
Notes: Still a bit confused between Mask Stocking and Winter Mask... I think it's Mask Stocking? Also added Dun as a gene because it's technically not roan. Is that ok? Thanks! Think I finally got it right...
Last edited by AceCavalier on Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ace - She/They - Writer & Voice Actor - Australia
----------
Cavalry's Hold - Stables
Cavalry's Hoard - Adoptables

AceCavalier

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Entry #1 - Dapple Grey Dun

Postby eleutheromania » Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:08 pm

if you understand genetics you should be fine with using the markings genes on these guys since its the same concept, i just didn't want to bring in the actual horse genetics because of the fact the markings can be carried or show. just don't add to the genos since the color of the horse will be listed along with the genos when they're adopted out. since you have white they'd carry for piebald. so you'd have a dapple gray dun carrying for pie. since any while does not make them a solid but a carrier depending on the amount of white involved. hope this helps

winter mask is white. masked stocking is simply darker pointed legs and the dark strip to the eye. winter mask is simply a strip of white on the forehead - or not - and a strip of white from nose to eye.

don't forget to color in details like the pads and claws, inner ear.
eleutheromania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me