Seafarer Mink #3 [Adopt Me! - Pygmy] by Aethyrr

Based on Click to view
Artist Aethyrr [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Seafarer Mink #3 [Adopt Me! - Pygmy]

Postby Aethyrr » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:47 am

Seafarer Minks are small creatures that have the body of a mink, ears of a rabbit, tail of a kangaroo rat, and webbed toes like an otter. Genetics allow Minks to be found with three kinds of ears; bent, straight, or a combination of both. The ears are inherited from the parents, as is the eye color generally. Each Mink wears a unique bandana that is acquired when they are young either from their owner or from their parents finding one in a town. The baby minks, or pups, have one around their tail, the teens have one around their waist, and the adults have one around their neck; positioning due to size. The bandanas can come in any color and design and often sport the personality of the Mink if given by an owner. Minks are a tiny species that can fit in your hands. A Mink pup is around only the size of your thumb, a teen is the size of one's hand, and the adult can be as long as a foot, with around a half of that length being its tail.

A baby mink is called a pup. There are known to be 1-2 pups in a litter, and if they are lucky, they may get three even. Minks breed in a place called the Nesting Grounds on their island. They make nests out of water reeds and other aquatic plants upon the pebbles and soft grasses. The pups reside here for a few days until they can walk, at which time they tend to wander from the nest. Design of pelt varies among pups and not every pup looks likes its parents, meaning they may be born with different designs but similar colors. A pup is a Mink anywhere from birth to 5 weeks old (4 months). A teen is from 5 weeks old to 9 weeks old (4 months to 10 months), then it grows into an adult. Adults that just grew from a teen cannot breed. A Mink can breed only at 11 weeks old (1 year). A Mink can live up to 20 years old.

Minks love to swim, meaning that most of their diet comes from seafood. They eat shellfish, small fish like minnows, crabs and other crustaceans, shrimp, and even sea plants at times. They are omnivores, having sharp canines in the front and a few molars in the back. They can eat a third of their body weight in one meal. Mothers pick the meat from the shells and chew up the food before giving it to pups because their teeth are soft and undeveloped. Pups also drink their mothers milk.

Minks live near the blue coves on a secluded island. The island is lowly inhabited by people, leaving these creatures to live mostly in peace. Because of sailors and other natives, the species became tamed and are now kept as companions across the world. Using their webbed toes, they are fantastic swimmers. Minks can dive up to ten feet in order to gather food or just to relax, and can hold their breath for up to five minutes. Pups are unable to swim so the parents place them in shallow pools at a young age for learning experience, like how you teach a toddler to swim. A pup's fur is thick so they have are more capable of drowning. Most Minks on the island live near the ocean, taking a liking to the coves that cover the beaches. They carve dens out of the rocks or trees nearly by moving stones, finding pre-made cave systems, or using claws to bite at the bark. This allows them to hide from larger predators.

Minks were often used as ship pets for pirates for similar uses as cats, but also as watchmen. Minks can emit high pitched squeaks that can alert their masters. Their ancestors were used as mouse hunters,generally, on ships. They catch rats and other vermin, but are also good companions. The bandanas were given to the Minks by the humans as a sign that they had a home and the tradition carries on to today.

Pygmy Minks , or Minklings, reside in Pygmy Cove, a special part part the island where they can breed and make a living away from the larger Minks. A Pygmy cannot breed with a normal Mink, as genetics won't allow it and remains in its pup stage for the remainder of its life. Sometimes a pygmy is born from two normal Minks though with around a 5% chance.

PC [Pygmy Cove] ↠ A Mink whom never grows passed the pup stage and is unable to breed with normal adults, only other pygmies.

Here I give you the first Minkling! Remember these little pups are thumb-sized, so they are as cute as they are tricky to find. Fill out the form below to enter! Contest ends Oct. 25th.

Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
How do you go about finding him/her when they get lost?:
Gold Picture:
Aethyrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Seafarer Mink #3 [Adopt Me! - Pygmy]

Postby Samsherwoodc » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:06 am

Username: Samsherwoodc
Name: Pikkuruinen
How do you go about finding him/her when they get lost?: You leave out shiny items(especially gold flakes) and Pik will flock to them like a magpie.
Gold Picture: Image
link | link | Toyhouse(credit of art) | cred.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Don't Cry!
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░
★▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪★
I am a transgender male.
I love BNHA,
Pokemon SWSH,
my Species,
and story of
spirit crest demons!

★▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪★

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
L A M B
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Samsherwoodc

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonheart48 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:04 pm

Username: Dragonheart48
Name: Tiny
The short answer is you honestly don't, the little thing is so well tiny that the best you can do is make sure you don't sit on them until they turn up later. Usually with some out landish tale of some grand adventure filled with perils and danger.
Gold Picture:
Boop
Dragonheart48

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aethyrr » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:35 pm

Ending tonight!
Aethyrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aethyrr » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:35 am

Gonna extend until sometime tomorrow!
Aethyrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aethyrr » Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:49 pm

Dragonheart48 wrote:Username: Dragonheart48
Name: Tiny
The short answer is you honestly don't, the little thing is so well tiny that the best you can do is make sure you don't sit on them until they turn up later. Usually with some out landish tale of some grand adventure filled with perils and danger.
Gold Picture:
Boop

I apologize about the wait. I’ve been quite busy lately. Anywho, I quite liked the description of how to find them, it made me laugh a little about not sitting on him. Congratz!
Aethyrr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me