Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

i'm not freaking out by corrosive_limes

Artist corrosive_limes [gallery]
Time spent 43 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

i'm not freaking out

Postby corrosive_limes » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:23 pm

breaking news: arthur is my son now ok bye

hello yes it me taking a break from ur regularly scheduled terrible hollow knight doodles to bring you some terrible mystery skulls doodles bc ive noticed a frightening lack of mystery skulls art following hellbent

but ye smol rant/ramble about lewis and arthur bc i feel like it

when ghost and freaking out were first released, lewis was definitely my favorite. now that hellbent has been released and i've had a chance to look back on all three videos, i think it's safe to say that arthur is now my favorite.
i was a lot more immature when ghost was first released. i guess part of why lewis was my favorite was because lewis's character overall appealed more to my character building style years ago which wasn't super developed or nuanced and was mostly "vengeful op immortal sparkledog w/ a tragic past." younger me tried to fit the characters of MSA into stereotypes i'd already established through my characters ("evil 'no-hope-of-redemption' bad guy", "tragic 'i-can't-do-anything-wrong' main character and hero", and "completely undeveloped 'who-am-i' side character") so of course lewis ended up as the "good guy" and arthur ended up as the "bad guy" (even though its not nearly that simple). i suppose also because his design was super cool so obviously he must be the good guy
now that hellbent has been released and i'm hopefully more mature now, that type of character isn't as appealing to me anymore and i can now look back on what happened from a less biased position than before. so now instead of being like "arthur is cleARLY the bad guy here and lewis is the victim" its more like "wow that sucked for literally everyone involved". idk, its kinda hard to explain? but i guess the best was to phrase it is that my taste in characters and my overall character building style has changed pretty significantly since then, and as a character creator, my values and focuses on character traits/stories has shifted pretty significantly.
it's really hard for me too say exactly what it is that draws me to characters i like. really the best way to say it is just that i "click" with them better?
i still do like lewis though. he's an interesting character in his own regards and i'm really excited to see how his personality/character develops through the rest of this arc since he seemed to have some very sudden second thoughts at the end of hellbent
its just that right now i happen to like arthur more sorrynotsorry :Y

arthur is literally a combination of gundham and soda from DR2 CHANGE MY MIND
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: i'm not freaking out

Postby emporio! » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:42 pm

!! bro that's a rad amount of charavter development, I'm glad you're heading in a direction that's more positive/what you're looking for!!

everyone in mystery skulls is actually surprisingly three-dimensional, it's nuts! arthur has always been my favorite one though (like how shaggy was my favorite in scooby doo?) so hellbent was pretty rad! I'm super excited to see how the rest of the story plays out tbh like heck

ALSO IKR WHAT EVEN
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: i'm not freaking out

Postby corrosive_limes » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:05 pm

thanks !!

yeah, it's always super cool and inspiring to see characters so well rounded :0c i'll admit i've really only seen the 3 animated videos. i discovered the wiki and that mystery ben had a blog like 2 days ago so tbh im not super familiar with some of the characters but i've been learning a lot more about them the past few days and it's just so cool?? galahad is precious
tbh i've never seen scooby doo, but i think i saw somewhere that arthur's design/character was actually inspired by shaggy from scooby doo and dipper from gravity falls (which i can totally see tbh and for the record i 100% called arthur reminded me of dipper before i found that fact ok) but yeah i'm like 1000% hyped to see how the next video goes down because woW that cliffhanger
GOOD IM NOT THE ONLY ONE I THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me