Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Skullraptors :Closed Species: by scarecrowz

Artist scarecrowz [gallery]
Time spent 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Skullraptors :Closed Species:

Postby scarecrowz » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:43 pm

these are a work in progress, posting open. Also Closed Species, don't steal my babs!
side note; I swear these adopts are not stolen from any other species, literally if you want me to be honest with you about them I was just using a raptor skull for ref of something and thought a fluffy skull boi would look nice. This species isn't a clone or any other species I promise you, (I mean Skullraptors were technically clones of our bois Megaraptors but anyways-), any questions or accusations can be taken to PM's
What are Skullraptors?

CLOSING DOWN! THIS IS STILL A CLOSED SPECIES SO NO CUSTOM SKULLRAPTORS MAY BE MADE.

Skullraptors (singular; Skullraptor) are a sub-species of Megaraptor. Scientists had originally planned to bring back Megaraptors after discovering DNA samples trapped in ice from the ancient lizards. Though the DNA didn't preserve very well in the ice, which led up to Skullraptors being created every Megaraptor attempt. Scientists discovered Skullraptors could survive even with their skull heads and weak neck-areas, and they could also obey human commands. They had quit the Megaraptor project and released Skullraptors into the wild because of the shocking discovery. Skullraptors usually are about 6'5 feet tall, from the snout to tail they are 8'8 feet wide. Their necks are weak spots due to a weak layer of skin, but naturally, when they juvenile, they start to grow out fur in this area. You will also notice their skulls, their namesake of course. They have an invisible layer of scales covering the skulls to make up for the lack of skin, and to top that all off, their skulls are surprisingly tough. You can find Skullraptors in packs, while they are found in each continent excluding Antartica and Europe, they are common in deserts or dry areas. Skullraptors live in packs of 4-6 members and are led by their Alpha. It is best to avoid wild Skullraptors as they are very violent. Skullraptors are carnivores, they feed off of any animal they can find really, of course Skullraptors bred in captivity have been trained to only eat small creatures like mice. Skullraptors who are trained in captivity can be used for hunting and even to herd animals!
Last edited by scarecrowz on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 5 times in total.
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Skullraptors Rules

Postby scarecrowz » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:19 pm

*fancy font* RULES

one. respect all staff and treat others fairly!
two. this is a closed species, if I find these used on any other website you will be banned from the species, and the thread you use them on will be shut down.
three. don't whine over losing an adopt, it's really irritating, please, just don't.
four. you may own as many Skullraptors as you'd like!
five. you may not sell Skullraptors for any profit, however you may trade Skullraptors with other owners.
six. right now only I can make Skullraptors, you CANNOT make your own unless you end up with an MYO slot somehow.
seven. you must wait a month for every custom/breeding you order!
eight. to breed a Skullraptor, you must own it for 2 weeks.
nine. please don't make these into a fursona or anything. I just really don't want these being used in that way for a number of reasons.
ten. do not steal any existing designs of a Skullraptor, it will result in a ban
eleven. if you feel like a staff member is being rude, feel free to tell me! I want this to be an open and welcoming community! twelve. 3 strikes and your out as always.

more rules may be added as I go!
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Skullraptor Extra Detail

Postby scarecrowz » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Breeding
Skullraptors don't usually mate for life, a Skullraptor can have up to 5 mates and have 5 breeding tickets. They usually have 1-6 Skullies in total. To breed, 2 Skullraptors must first have what is called a "Moonlight Roar". The pair will both let out a roar towards a full moon. After that they'll click their long claws in a certain harmony and both have a sip from the same lake. The female will have one egg that must have a bit of both of their parent's fur placed onto it. The egg will have a possibility of hatching 1-6 Skullies in total.

Skullraptor Training
Usually, Skullraptors have to live their entire lives with humans to get the most effective training, though in some cases wild Skullraptors have been trained. Skullraptors who have lived their entire lives being captive are easier to train, and it is similar to dog training. Wild Skullraptors can take years to train though, some of them after being shown unsuccessful are released. Skullraptors must be trained with treats, love, support, and patience. If they aren't given this treatment, they'll end up doing nothing you say.

Wild Skullraptor Packs
The packs are always led by an Alpha, and some packs, but not all, also have a beta. 4-6 Skullraptors live in a pack, and after a Skullie grows into Juvenile, the Alpha will kick the weakest Skullraptors to make room for the newest additions. Alphas are always the child of the Alpha before them, if there are more than 1 Skullie, the Alpha will choose which one gets to lead next. Everything Alpha says to Skullraptors is law, and cannot be challenged by others in the pack, challengers are always kicked as soon as they challenge. Until a Skullie becomes juvenile, the age their fur comes in, they are always protected. If a Beta is included in a pack, they enforce the Alpha's rule if they are out hunting, and if the Alpha never has a mate or children, Beta takes leadership. In packs without Betas, whenever an Alpha doesn't have children, the strongest Skullraptor will take place.

Questions and Answers
none, right now!
(questions can be anything Skullraptor related, artist searches, custom tickets, etc).
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Skullraptor Rarities

Postby scarecrowz » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:49 pm

Rarities

Common Edits
Scars on body, longer/fluffier fur, missing claws (no more than 2), extra fur (locations; spine, chin, and tail tip)

Uncommon Edits
Eyes, extra claws (no more than 2), cracked skull, long fangs, extra fur (locations; belly, ankles), small spikes

Rare Edits
Sleeker/Shorter fur, scars on skull, skinnier body, large spikes

Legendary Edits
Missing fur, missing patches of fur, extra limbs, glowing markings, extra eyes, extra fur (locations; anywhere on tail besides the tip, arms, covering the entire skull) any major line edits

will pretty this up tomorrow
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Our Staff

Postby scarecrowz » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:49 pm

work in progress
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Events/Affiliates

Postby scarecrowz » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:50 pm

wip
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

extra

Postby scarecrowz » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:50 pm

just in case I need it!
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Skullraptors :Closed Species: Work In Progress

Postby scarecrowz » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:09 pm

posting is now allowed!
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scissors » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:30 pm

mark!! B^OOOO
can't take pms right now.. I'm sorry
scissors

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby scarecrowz » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:33 pm

Closing Skullraptors

Just dont feel like anyone at all is interested in these so whats the point in making them. May open again later but don't hold your breathe.

he/him
agender lesbian
you can call me sunny or june!
cringe on main
scarecrowz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me