Shadow Flit 59 - Winner! by geto

Based on Click to view
Artist geto [gallery]
Time spent 11 hours, 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Shadow Flit 59 - Winner!

Postby geto » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:01 pm

ahh my first official flit as a guest artist!
it's such an honor to work for this species<33

edits;
common - tufts of hair/fur
uncommon - neverending goop/tears/drool

to win this flit, tell me about where they live in 500 words!
you are allowed 2 extras, either 200 words each or art or an image
(or a combination of 2^^)
ends on 28/9

Code: Select all
[center][size=85]user: text
name: text

prompt: text
extras: text[/size][/center]
Last edited by geto on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
geto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shadow Flit 59

Postby friggin' foxes » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:50 pm

user: 9tailedfox

name: christine tailor

prompt: christine lives out west in dalas, texas u.s.a. she's a cowgirl at heart and isn't afraid to get down and dirty. christine lives at an old auto junk yard where she repairs cars and such. she's also very good at carpantry and fixing up pipes. she's good with a gun and can handle her own. her hobbies include arm wrestling, herding cows, repairing cars, playing cards and shooting guns.
extras: the hole in her ear is actually a bullet hole.

will be included here as well. https://constellation-sailor6.webnode.com/
Last edited by friggin' foxes on Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
some info

budding artist
they/them or she/her
(i don't really care what you refer to me as though)
baby bi bi bi.

completely awesome.

used 9tailedfox

O

O

"reality is for people who lack imagination"
-hayao miyazaki

OO

O
O

OO
friggin' foxes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Strange_Atoms » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:32 pm

[center][size=85]user: ~HistoricMystery~
name: Saku

prompt: res with cherry farm
extras:
ALL GOOD THINGS FLOW INTO THE CITYImage
Strange_Atoms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⋆☽horriblestar⋆☾ » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:02 am

woah cool!! I really love it's color pallet!
⋆☽horriblestar⋆☾

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geto » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:56 am

will be closing in 5 hours! (est timing)
geto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bakuraas. » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:33 am

user: golden-boy
name: gauvie

prompt: [497/500]
    Almost like a fabricated popstar in the real world, Gauvie has found his home in a hyper futuristic themed manufactured town that is mostly populated by robotic, lifeless flit. Gauvie refuses to admit this however, stating the robots are his neighbors, and even giving them names for them to seem like real, living beings. The city he lives in is completely closed off from the rest of the world thanks to a giant dome that surrounds the entirety of the city up until the roads leading out of the city. It's rare that any of the homes in the fake city are actually furnished, and sometimes, the doors to the homes don't even open! Even the homes that do open seem to be robotic in nature, and sometimes seem to make Gauvie act like he's gone off the deep end.

One of the rare houses that a living being can actually survive in is the house that Gauvie lives in. The home is five stories high in total, with each different story being set up much like a dollhouse. There are rarely any doors that separate rooms, and most of the objects in the house are not able to be used- like the microwave in the kitchen that is simply painted plastic stuck to the counter. Gauvie doesn't seem to mind this at all, often claiming that it's to keep him from eating too much. It gets kind of concerning once you realize that the only accessible food is in the form of crushed roses on raw meat in the cabinets. Somehow the cabinets keep the meat cold, but even Gauvie doesn't know how it works.

All of the phones in the house, counting up to 90 phones in total, seem to connect to eachother, as well as connecting to a strange phone line where there seems to be a rushed group of individuals talking about "the money", "the ride" and "the feds". Gauvie claims that it's his best friends on the phone, but whenever he says hello on the phone, there is only screaming on the other line. There's an identical picture of his face on most of the walls in the house, all of which seem to have a mechanic that makes ink drip out of the eyes at a steady pace. Every painting has a large bucket underneath it to catch the dripping ink.

There is only one truly natural place in the entire house, which is the backyard. The grass is obviously fake, but the flowers grown there, which often reach a height almost as tall as the first story, are completely real. Gauvie claims that he ripped the flowers out of his fur patterns, which is kind of a weird note, but he clearly takes care of the plants fine. The backyard also contains four gardening gloves, two with claw-like attachments, and a large trowel that looks rusty and covered in dirt to the point where it's almost impossible to get off.

extras 1 - "friends" : [193/200]
    Gauvie's "friends" on the phone seem to communicate with a language that is supposed to sound like criminals trying to flee from a crime scene. Using very specific and compromising phrases, screaming, explosions, car screeches, and wreckage noises to communicate their messages. Gauvie seems to be fully versed in this language, but refuses to speak in this language when anyone else is around. Gauvie says that his friends live in the dome covered city, but due to a recent occurrence caused by Gauvie, it's caused the thought of finding these friends among the robot to nothing more than a crushed dream.

Some of the robots around the town have also learned this language thanks to Gauvie, causing a concerning case of multiple robots screaming in the middle of the night, echoing through the dome and into the houses that are placed in the manufactured city. Gauvie hardly seems to mind though. He does spend nights just sitting up and listening to the screams due to his inability to block it out, but he likes to say that he's proud of his neighbors for expanding their horizons and reaching out into a secondary language.
extra 2 - "drool" : [197/200]
    Some scientists have tried to experiment on Gauvie to see what exactly is the material that makes up the goop coming from their eyes, ears, and mouth. What they've discovered is something that most have claimed is supernatural nonsense, but along with the living place of the flit, it's not too extreme to assume that some of their life is caused by supernatural influences.

The scientists concluded that the goop from the paintings and the goop from Gauvie seem to be similar, relating at least part of the goop to ink. However, the test that caused concern was the use of a heated wire, which one scientist assumed would help see if the goop was dangerous. The method used was similar to the one used in "The Thing", a horror movie in which blood could be tested by a heated wire to see if the owner of the blood was actually a monster.

Gauvie's blood reacted violently to the test, which sparked multiple theories about the goop. No further testing has shown any new developments, but those who knew Gauvie when he was much younger assume that something in that goop has to do with demonic possession.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geto » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:12 am

the winner is @Golden-Boy! I love the idea of Gauvie being in a dystopian-ish world with robots all around,,kind of reminds me of dbh but in a darker way...anyways, congratulations!

Golden-Boy wrote:
    user: golden-boy
    name: gauvie

prompt: [497/500]
      Almost like a fabricated popstar in the real world, Gauvie has found his home in a hyper futuristic themed manufactured town that is mostly populated by robotic, lifeless flit. Gauvie refuses to admit this however, stating the robots are his neighbors, and even giving them names for them to seem like real, living beings. The city he lives in is completely closed off from the rest of the world thanks to a giant dome that surrounds the entirety of the city up until the roads leading out of the city. It's rare that any of the homes in the fake city are actually furnished, and sometimes, the doors to the homes don't even open! Even the homes that do open seem to be robotic in nature, and sometimes seem to make Gauvie act like he's gone off the deep end.

One of the rare houses that a living being can actually survive in is the house that Gauvie lives in. The home is five stories high in total, with each different story being set up much like a dollhouse. There are rarely any doors that separate rooms, and most of the objects in the house are not able to be used- like the microwave in the kitchen that is simply painted plastic stuck to the counter. Gauvie doesn't seem to mind this at all, often claiming that it's to keep him from eating too much. It gets kind of concerning once you realize that the only accessible food is in the form of crushed roses on raw meat in the cabinets. Somehow the cabinets keep the meat cold, but even Gauvie doesn't know how it works.

All of the phones in the house, counting up to 90 phones in total, seem to connect to eachother, as well as connecting to a strange phone line where there seems to be a rushed group of individuals talking about "the money", "the ride" and "the feds". Gauvie claims that it's his best friends on the phone, but whenever he says hello on the phone, there is only screaming on the other line. There's an identical picture of his face on most of the walls in the house, all of which seem to have a mechanic that makes ink drip out of the eyes at a steady pace. Every painting has a large bucket underneath it to catch the dripping ink.

There is only one truly natural place in the entire house, which is the backyard. The grass is obviously fake, but the flowers grown there, which often reach a height almost as tall as the first story, are completely real. Gauvie claims that he ripped the flowers out of his fur patterns, which is kind of a weird note, but he clearly takes care of the plants fine. The backyard also contains four gardening gloves, two with claw-like attachments, and a large trowel that looks rusty and covered in dirt to the point where it's almost impossible to get off.

extras 1 - "friends" : [193/200]
      Gauvie's "friends" on the phone seem to communicate with a language that is supposed to sound like criminals trying to flee from a crime scene. Using very specific and compromising phrases, screaming, explosions, car screeches, and wreckage noises to communicate their messages. Gauvie seems to be fully versed in this language, but refuses to speak in this language when anyone else is around. Gauvie says that his friends live in the dome covered city, but due to a recent occurrence caused by Gauvie, it's caused the thought of finding these friends among the robot to nothing more than a crushed dream.

Some of the robots around the town have also learned this language thanks to Gauvie, causing a concerning case of multiple robots screaming in the middle of the night, echoing through the dome and into the houses that are placed in the manufactured city. Gauvie hardly seems to mind though. He does spend nights just sitting up and listening to the screams due to his inability to block it out, but he likes to say that he's proud of his neighbors for expanding their horizons and reaching out into a secondary language.
    extra 2 - "drool" : [197/200]
      Some scientists have tried to experiment on Gauvie to see what exactly is the material that makes up the goop coming from their eyes, ears, and mouth. What they've discovered is something that most have claimed is supernatural nonsense, but along with the living place of the flit, it's not too extreme to assume that some of their life is caused by supernatural influences.

The scientists concluded that the goop from the paintings and the goop from Gauvie seem to be similar, relating at least part of the goop to ink. However, the test that caused concern was the use of a heated wire, which one scientist assumed would help see if the goop was dangerous. The method used was similar to the one used in "The Thing", a horror movie in which blood could be tested by a heated wire to see if the owner of the blood was actually a monster.

Gauvie's blood reacted violently to the test, which sparked multiple theories about the goop. No further testing has shown any new developments, but those who knew Gauvie when he was much younger assume that something in that goop has to do with demonic possession.

sorry for the slight delay as I had to head out to get some last-minute neccessities for my turtles, but nonetheless, thank you @9TailedFox for joining!
geto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Shadow Flit 59 - Winner!

Postby friggin' foxes » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:56 am

thanks for the opportunity!
some info

budding artist
they/them or she/her
(i don't really care what you refer to me as though)
baby bi bi bi.

completely awesome.

used 9tailedfox

O

O

"reality is for people who lack imagination"
-hayao miyazaki

OO

O
O

OO
friggin' foxes