Buttermilk #399 by Guest

Based on Click to view
Artist Guest [gallery]
Time spent 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
19 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Buttermilk #399

Postby Guest » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:51 pm

well, tis my final Guest artist adopt.. i have love making these pretty little moos.

i thought id make my final one special so have an ear edit.

to win this gal give a pretty name and tell me their favourite memory

vintage rose wrote:
Image. . .Image. . .Image. . .Image
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

USERNAME
vintage rose

NAME
Marcy

COLLAR COLOR
A soft green to match her eyes, with an orange oak leaf near the bell.

FAVORITE MEMORY
Marcy doesn't remember much about her childhood due to memory loss from an accident she was in when she was small, but she does have one memory that will never go away.
It was a cold day in early October. Marcy's mother and father came to pick her up early from school, and they all three walked in a tizzy of conversation to get her baby brother, too. It was a tradition in their family to go every year to the pumpkin patch and each one of them pick a pumpkin to take home and carve to enter in the fall festival in their town.
The minute the big wooden sign cut out in the shape of a round pumpkin came into view, Marcy bolted ahead, almost bowling over a little calf in her path on her way to the field. Her long ears flopped in the wind as she ran from vine to vine, inspecting each fruit from stem to base trying to find the most perfect, award winning one of all. Everyone around her began to quickly take up any pumpkin that was close and calling it good, but Marcy would never do such a thing.
Finally, just as the sun was starting to fade and dip down beyond the horizon, she found it. The one. It was small and delicate, but perfectly shaped with a perfect, spiral stem. "Marcy, it's time to go home," her mother called from across the field. She tucked her pumpkin safely in her bag and ran towards her family who was waiting for her. They trotted home, cheerily discussing what designs they were going to put on their pumpkins. Her father wanted to put an owl face on his, mother wanted to make a flower, and her baby brother was too little to get to use the sharp tools, but they let him squish around with the insides. "What are you going to put on yours, Marcy?" Mother asked. "I think..." She mumbled, deep in thought, "I'll do a pattern... With leaves and acorns." Her mother chuckled and smiled. "That's my girl, always going for the complex ones."
Once they returned home, they each set out to carve their designs. When they were complete, they set them on the porch, and went to bed, everyone looking forward to the next day's festival.

Whenever Marcy is sad, or misses her family, she thinks back to this day. There was nothing particularly special about it, nothing out of the ordinary happened. But it was the last time they all spent a day out together before the accident, when both of her parents and her baby brother were killed. For along time she hated the memory of going to the pumpkin patch that day, how long she took and how she didn't spend more time with her family, but over the years it has grown into one of the most precious things to her.
She went back in recent years to that same pumpkin patch and clipped a tiny piece of vine off of one of the pumpkins, and tucked it safely away in a locket that she keeps by her bed, so that if she's ever feeling sad, she can pull it out and remember those days when she wasn't so lonely.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Last edited by Guest on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Buttermilk #399

Postby Dreamsofcrows » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:43 pm

Username: Dreamsofcrows
Name: Crème de la Crème
Collar Colour: light green
Favourite Memory: Crème never won any beauty contests but that was not to say she was not beautiful to the eyes of the old lady that loved her. Sunday mornings were spent pottering around in the womans flower garden as she worked, sometimes crushing the marigolds she grew along the edges to keep out the rabbits as Crème lay down for a nap. She would often use those marigolds and chain them together in a crown that nestled around horns and floppy ears. They were some of the best Sundays Crème could remember, sleeping in filtered sunlight crowned in flowers.

ImageLOCK YOUR NFT/NEFT PETS IF YOU DON'T WANT OFFERS. SIMPLE AS THATImage
Dreamsofcrows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zippo. » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:50 pm

Username: Zippo
Name: Chamuel - the archangel of visions, guidance, and peaceful relationships - 'Cammie'
Collar Colour: soft, faded pink with little white hearts and a gold bell

Favourite Memory:

"Cammie, baby, will you get momma some apples?" the heifer croaked, straining herself to lift her head to look towards her daughter.

"Of course Momma" Chamuel kissed the top of her mothers head, snuggling into her cheek before bounding off out of the stall. "Apple tree, apple tree, come to me oh apple tree~" she sang as she skipped towards the orchard. Her mother recently had fallen ill, and the farmers her quarantined her into a stall of the barn. They try to keep her away too, to keep her from getting sick, but she always snuck back when they left. She couldn't leave her mother alone.

"Where you going Chamuel?" a bull asked, lifting his head from grazing. He liked to keep tabs on the calves of the herds, especially Cammie.

"Mom wants apples, and I'm going to get them for her!" She huffed with determination, the orchard coming into view.

"and how'd you expect to get apples yourself?" He teased while opening the gate for her to pass through, leisurely trotting behind her as she neared one of the orchard's trees.

"Well, I don't know, but I will get some" She mumbled over her shoulder, looking about the grassy floor for any fallen apples.

"It seems the farmers have gone through collecting, little one" He coo'ed and tapped her forehead with his hoof softly.

Chamuel groaned, falling onto her butt in defeat.

"I'll stay here and look for some apples. Go back to your mom, Cammie. Spend as much as time with her as you can" He flicked his tail, nudging her out of the orchard and shutting the gate behind her.

Chamuel sighed and trudged back to the barn, ashamed that she couldn't get her mother's favorite treat for her. Her ears flicked with the noise of the humans as she rounded the corner, peaking her head into the stall and seeing the humans gathered around her mother. They had a bucket of apples, slowly feeding her mother while giving a new human gave her some shots. Her mother had a huge smile on her face, which radiated to Cammie.

"Come on, girl" One of the humans had noticed Chamuel, beckoning her forward with an apple. She bounded forward, happily taking the apple.

"Cammie, come to Momma" Her mother purred, shifting position to make room. Chamuel snuggled into her mothers side, listening as she munched on apples happily. Perhaps the humans weren't as bad as she thought.
Last edited by zippo. on Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
zippo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:24 am

Username: Wileyfangs
    Name: Iris
    Collar Colour: A deep forest green plaid collar
    Favourite Memory:

The cold night was frightening and Iris was too weak from travel. Her first time ever being in a trailer with so many other cows. The young female had been so distraught to learn they'd been auctioned away. To know she'd been traded off without her mother who was bone weary.

The other cows had tried to make small talk but it only distressed her further when she leaned against the trailer door, trying to open it and get free. How awful. How dreadful! She wanted her mother! She wanted her old herd!

Iris cried the whole way and by the time she reached the barn she was too tuckered out to fight when her new owner, a kindly woman with a strange sunhat led her out to Butter Cream Burrows. The lush pastures and warm breeze did nothing to soothe poor Iris who was inconsolable. How could she have lost everything in the blink of an eye?! Her heart was so heavy she didn't even want the food, instead curling up in a stack of hay.

Her new owner however watched her carefully and when the night rolled around she found Iris, leaning against her stable door with fright gazing into the night. Iris shivered and was deeply startled but upon seeing her owner she calmed down minutely. What truly surprised her was when her owner took one good look at her, patted her muzzle and then disappeared deeper into the barn. She heard her rummaging somewhere back there and tried to peer over only for her to come back with...a blanket?

It was a deep forest green with plaid lines but more than that it was rather big. Her owner threw the blanket over her back when she returned and climbed up the stable door to perch right on the edge and take a seat there. Iris could only watch with confusion and curiosity. The blanket was warm but smelled of another cow, whoever was here before. As her owner sat gazing at her she found herself drawn forward. What a strange human she was, she thought as she pushed her face to lay in the woman's lap.

There was something about that face, etched with worry and laugh lines, a certain sadness deep in those eyes. A hand came up to pet her and she allowed it, relaxing minutely as the cold of the night was driven away. She doubted the human could understand her but it felt like in that moment she could. She missed her mother and her herd, she missed her old barn, and the wheat and the rain. She missed the bulls even and she hated the bulls. But what she wouldn't do to go back with them and go home.

She wasn't sure how long they stayed like that but she fell asleep at some point until early dawn the next morning. And the only reason she knew that was because the petting stopped and her owner was still there, tired and sleepy herself but still awake and warm. She yawned and Iris did the same lazily. The companionship was nice and despite her misgivings, she felt lulled by a sense of comfort.

The farmer had come when she was upset. Maybe she was only a human, but maybe she could be her friend. From that point on Iris made it her duty to try her best where her farmer was concerned. She trailed after her like a calf and often after that the farmer came to her when troubled or upset, petting her and telling her about her own worries.

It wouldn't be till much later that Iris would learn that the cow before her, a beautiful heifer named Queenie was the one who owned that blanket and that she had died due to poisoning only a day before. Iris came to understand that Queenie had been the farmer's right-hand cow and kept things orderly for her and made sure the farm was safe. And it was in that day that Iris vowed to follow in Queenie's hoofsteps, to protect the farm and her farmer. And within only a few days time, Iris founded the Socialites.

Last edited by Wileyfangs on Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mierose » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:33 pm

Username: Mistykeka
Name: Sierra (after the Sierra Tiger Lily)
Collar Colour: Matching eyes <3
Favourite Memory:
This heifer's favorite memory was he first time ever seeing one of her new pastures. Her pasture was on the cool, misty coast, covered in rocks and sea grass. It was adorned atop a small cliff overlooking the ocean, similar to that of a more well known pony named Darcy. She was tired and confused, as she had been on the road in a trailer for the past several days, taking stops at patches of grass hardly large enough for a goat, and those stops were few and far between. The door to her trailer opened, and her head turned back in time with the other heifers surrounding her. Assuming it was another stop, she waited for the other heifers to be taken out, then was led out herself, slowly, with little excitement. The misty, salted winds blew at her coat. This was different, and she had a different feeling about it too. She rounded the corner of the trailer, and gasped, the freezing air stinging her throat, as she saw the field extending before her. She followed the other heifers in the typical uniform line and was shocked a she entered the field, as the grass though cold and wet, was the softest she had felt in years. The small streaks of sunlight filtered through the clouds slightly warmed her as she walked the length of the field to explore. She reached the other end and glanced over the fence, expecting to see more field, but stepped back in fear. After collecting herself, she stumbled back to the fence and tried to make sense of what she was seeing. The ground just stopped? This confused her, though not as much as the lake that appeared to be crashing and repeatedly slapping itself. Her nose told her that this mysterious, self hating, lake was the cause of the salt in the air. She began to settle in with excitement still filling her to the brim. She was excited for her future adventures here, though she didn't enjoy how her name no longer matched her home, as it did the bright orange flowers of her old field.

Ahh we're going to miss you so much Indominous, thank you for making so many pretty moos. I hope to see more from you in the future <3
Last edited by mierose on Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
THE. SECRET. OF. LIFE. IS. TO. KEEP. LOOKING. UP

MickiJayGonny
KiffKnightDimi

Call me mier or rose | She/her | Lesbian | Sagittarius

Buttermilks

. .. .
mierose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skip » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:59 am

Username:StanleyTheDog
Name:Jade
Collar Colour:Green
Favourite Memory: Little Jade woke up to the soft call of her mother. "Jade, come here darling," she called. Jade shook herself awake and saw her mom staring at the sky. "Look Jade, you can see so many stars out! And look, there's a shooting star! Make a wish!" Jade looked up and closed her eyes. She whispered,"I wish that me and my mommy will always be safe." Jade opened her eyes and saw her mom finish her wish. They snuggled up together and let the quiet chirping crickets lull them asleep.
Last edited by skip on Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!
tracking this pet sent to pound on 4.19.2020
Want to join Furrypaws a game about breeding and training dogs? Click this link to use my referral, pick a dog and a name then continue with the sign up process!
http://www.furry-paws.com/main/index/1550930
skip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🌊

Postby artemis, » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:36 am

┌───────────────────────┐
username: artemis,
name: ayelet [ "dawn" in hebrew ]
collar colour: baby pink w/ white polka dots
└───────────────────────┘

favourite memory:

ayelet's favorite memory is that of her first voyage as a calf.

the salty wisps of air nipped at the soft tufts of her neck fur as she buried her nose
deeper into her mother's warm hide, the cold teeth of winter biting at her snout constantly
with every passing moment. at first, ayalet had been relentlessly curious as to the reason
for her and her mother's journey overseas, but it had quickly been pushed to the back of
her racing mind when she saw the rushing, violent blue waves of the sea licking at the side
of the ship.

one who was watching from a distance could describe the distinct gleam in ayelet's soft green
eyes as fear. fear of the volatile waves that shook the ship from side to side. but, she could
only see curiosity staring back at her innocent face as she peered over the edge of the ship,
attempting to stay there as long as time permitted her before her mother called her to "come
back over here, ayelet! it's dangerous at the edge."

dangerous? the young heifer had no choice to agree. believing that people only fear what they
do not understand, it was probable that this was the case. oh, how she daydreamed of what might
lie below the surface that was visible to her eyes. perceived by very little she knew, it was most
difficult for other bovines she traveled with to understand the reasoning for her infatuation with
the sea that moved below them. an insatiable need, a persistent thirst.

but only when their ship docked on the misty grounds of the scottish highlands, did ayelet truly
grasp the opportunity to study the mass of water that piqued her interest so strongly. having been
sold to a farm that had access to a large portion of the seashore, ayelet couldn't help but to explore
as much as she could get her hooves on every single day since then on.

artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinxer » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:18 am

Username: babypizza
Name: Amity~ meaning friendly
Collar Colour: light red
Favourite Memory:
“Oh boy where to start!

Wip
Cinxer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virixin » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:19 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
┌━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┐

xusername ;; juice box.xx-☆-xxname ;; Lattexx-☆-xxgender ;; heiferx
xcollar color ;; pastel pink gradientx

└━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┘

𝙵𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚢..

Cold.

That's all she felt. Little flurries of frigid white fluttered from the heavens, coating the already packed down layer with more. It began piling higher, about knee depth now. Whatever was trudged through, more packed down in its place. The wind stirred the barren trees, their branches rattling together in an eerie song beneath the moon's dull light that echoed for miles. The wind's attenuated fingers stirred up a thick haze of the odd substance, making it hard to see further into the wild.

A lone calf struggled through it, her hooves numb from the cold, yet she moved through it with determination that was slowly beginning to dwindle. She was lost. Her mother had gone missing and the small calf had slipped from the fencing of her farm to find the elder cow. Her eyes and ears burned from the sheer cold, tears beginning to bubble as she stumbled. She just wanted her mother. To curl up at her side, relishing in her warmth, and breathe in her scent of sweet hay and apples.

"Mom!" She called out weakly, ears fluttering in the frigid wind as she stumbled. The flurries battered her cheeks, stinging her skin as she flinched. Pushing through the mounds of white was eating away at her energy. The calf had no idea what this stuff was but she knew she absolutely despised it. An owl hooted shrilly over the sound of the whipping winds, causing the calf to cry out in fear and shock. Bucking wildly, she took off further into the dark.

She was alone. Afraid. Cold and tired. Hungry. Due to the sheer cold, the poor calf didn't even notice the scrapes from her attempts at wiggling through barbed wire fencing. She staggered before collapsing into a bank of the frigid white, eyelids creeping shut as the fatigue finally began to seep in. She didn't even notice the temperatures, dozing off as she couldn't hold it back.

------

Warmth.

When the calf awoke, she was... warm. She sat up abruptly, peering around through half-open eyes. A ragged blanket lay over her form, smelling of a heifer she had never smelled before. The calf had been brought to a cleared area, lingering warmth still remained beside her. Whoever had found her hadn't left too long ago. Shifting down slowly, she relished in the warmth that finally vanquished the cold that had set deep in her bones. A sharp pain shot up her leg and she gasped, glancing down. That's when she noticed the scrapes.

"Be careful, dear." A soft voice rang out as someone trudged over. Looking up, she blinked as she saw a young heifer carrying a mouthful of berry branches and grass that were laid before her.

"Eat up, love. Do you know where your mother is?" The heifer asked as she settled down beside the calf. Her scent was sweet, like peaches and honey. The small calf found it very reassuring, nuzzling closer as her stomach growled. Eyeing the food, she flicked an ear as she registered what the other asked. A frown crossed the heifer's face as the calf shook her head slowly, leaning down to munch on the provided food.

"..Then you will be sticking with me."

---

From that moment on, Latte stuck with the heifer, who was later known as Macaroon, and began to see her as a mother. They tried to seek out Latte's mother, but the heifer was never found after that night. Latte stuck with Macaroon, even when they were sent to Black Rose Cove, where other cows formed a herd. She finally had a family she loved once more.

Virixin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby triplethesix » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:44 pm

res(?)