Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

BUSH HOUNDS [Revival - Artist Search OPEN] by SilhouetteStation

Based on Click to view
Artist SilhouetteStation [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 30 minutes
Drawing sessions 5
78 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

BUSH HOUNDS [Revival - Artist Search OPEN]

Postby SilhouetteStation » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:32 pm

BUSH HOUNDS

MYO'S & CustomsArtist Search V.1Artist Search V.2Archive

SPECIES INTRODUCTION

Bush hounds are a forest-dwelling canine species that have been blessed with a touch of magic. They typically have some form of natural woodland growth around their necks and hind legs, the type and density of which can vary. This growth is often shimmery, and emits a soft glow that is more easily seen at night. Because of this they are often referred to as 'forest spirits', and for many years it was believed that they resided over and protected the territory in which they lived. While this has never been scientifically proven, a forest that Bush Hounds reside within will always seem to thrive. People do not openly approach these creatures, who in return don't bother them. There have been reports of lost campers being approached by a soft light and, upon following it, will find their way back to the main path.

These creatures can be found in almost any kind of habitat, apart from deserts and beaches, although they can reside in coastal forests near the ocean. They do not live in open areas like fields, and if you do see one in an open space, it may be looking for a new home. Deforestation has forced many Bush Hounds to search for new territory, causing many people to rally together and conduct protests in their defence. Some areas have been placed under government protection to provide a safe home for these canines, as many believe they play a crucial part in a forests eco system.

• • • •

credit to Bean_Cake for the lines/species concept

credit to Hubble for backgrounds
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 19 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby SilhouetteStation » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:35 pm

GENERAL RULES

• This is a closed species. You are not allowed to turn these into your own adoptables, base a species around this one, or make your own Bush Hound without permission

• You may own a limitless amount of Bush Hounds

• You may not sell your Bush Hound for any kind of profit; swapping or gifting, however, is allowed but must be done using the appropriate form + getting approval from me

• You cannot alter the design of your Bush Hound

• If taken offsite, be sure to link back to here + give appropriate credit

• Make sure to always credit the appropriate artist

• Please inform me of any username changes (this only applies to people who have won a BH)

• Harassment, rudeness, and/or bullying of any kind are strictly foridden. If you experience this, or wish to report someone, please contact me

• Very simple; break a rule, receive a strike. Three strikes, receive a ban. If you are banned from the species (and own one or multiple Hounds) you have two options; remove them from these lines and cut all ties to the species (original credit must still be given), or relinquish them to me so that they can be rehomed

• • • •

ARTIST RULES

• Do not create your own separate adoptions/species with this design

• You may not sell the Bush Hounds you create for any type of profit; they must be free to users (with the exception of paid for customs)

• Guest artists will need to create 3 Bush Hound adopts a month, and will be granted with an MYO

• If you become a permanent artist, you will need to continue making 3 adopts a month. You will be rewarded monthly

• No neon colors to be used on the base, no debate on this. Brighter foliage / berries is allowed

• You may be removed as an artist if you fail to comply with these rules, or if you break any of the above

• • • •

REGARDING LORE

Let it be known that there are a few guidelines in regards to lore that I'd like to be kept. The main thing is that Bush Hounds are wild animals, and I'd like them to be kept that way. They are a feral species, and do not often have interaction with humans. They can live in groups or as loners, that would be owners choice, but they do not do things that would be more commonly thought of as 'human' activities. This includes things such as attending a school, having a job, living in a house, etc.

Also, in regards to their colouring, I would prefer them to be more 'natural' than not. No bright pinks, neon yellows, etc. However, this only applies to coat colour; their leaves and berries can be any colour. Softer or darker unnatural colours (blueish, pinkish, reddish, etc) are allowed.
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 13 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby SilhouetteStation » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:35 pm

STAFF

Owner:
SilhouetteStation

Mods:
names here

Artists:
names here

Guest Artists:
names here

• • • •

APPLICATIONS

open // closed

Moderator applications to be made when needed; guest artist forms are located on the artist search page
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BUSH HOUNDS

Postby SilhouetteStation » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:36 pm

res
Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilhouetteStation » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:37 pm

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Last edited by SilhouetteStation on Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilhouetteStation

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me