Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Answer #15 - Part 2 by rem sleep

Based on Click to view
Artist rem sleep [gallery]
Time spent 9 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Answer #15 - Part 2

Postby rem sleep » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:05 pm

First Part!

A Guide to Pure Reproduction

Cessair : The Pure have a ceremony once every so-many-years where half of the adult population goes to one side of the settlement and casts out flowers-- which serve as spores-- during the first parts of the morning. These flowers, imbued with magic, float abovehead in the sky until the night time, when the other half of the adult population is sent to go and catch the flowers. Their love is said to act as a fertilizer that helps the flowers grow and develop-- they grow into full-fledged Pure individuals in enough time to be about adolescents for the next ceremony, and adults for the ones that follow. The Pure don't have a clear concept of father and mother in the same way the Corrupt would, considering they reproduce normally-- but the Pure form a strong bond with the one who caught and nurtured their flower initially, seeing them as their one true guardian-- or parent, rather. Though the Pure participate in a sort of communal raising that encourages seeing everyone in your society as a family member. The festival is a very special occasion-- and it's a beautiful sight to behold. It's often referred to as the Firefly Festival, because the flowers glow in the dark of night due to their magical properties!

As for gender, Pure sometimes present one way or the other, but biologically all of us are non-gendered organisms. Anyone can generate and send out flowers during the festival, just the same way anyone can receive them and nurture them to adulthood.

I hope this helps!
♥ ♥ ♥
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
♥ ♥ ♥
umasstorkies
closed species bank
♥ ♥ ♥

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist