Forum rules
Note: This forum is only for contests that have prizes. If you just want people to edit your drawing, post it in the Editable Oekaki forum!
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Yaeko Adopts Ongoing Artist Search by Calibri

Based on Click to view
Artist Calibri [gallery]
Time spent 11 minutes
Drawing sessions 13
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Yaeko Adopts Ongoing Artist Search

Postby Calibri » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:06 am

(Art by qwertyo)

YAEKO ADOPTS
[ MAIN THREAD | FANCLUB | DISCORD | ARCHIVE | TRANSFERS | NURSERY | ARTIST SEARCH ]

WELCOME TO THE YAEKO ADOPTS ONGOING ARTIST SEARCH!
Thank you for stopping by! Are you interested in joining our artist team?

WHAT IS A YAEKO?

A Yaeko [yayΒ·kho] (plural: "Yaeki") is a creature from outer space who has somehow found its way into the ecosystem on planet Earth. Roughly the size of a Great Dane, these oddities have long and powerful hind legs enabling them of bipedal movement over short periods of time. Their front legs - structured more like arms - possess three long claws as well as a "thumb" claw. These claws are surprisingly flexible, leading some to believe they may be used as fingers. Yaeki have been observed using these claws to crack open nuts, spear fish and cut open fruits - some even using them to pick locks and open doors. Their heads are encased in a thick layer of "ivory" which works as a protective helmet for their otherwise very sensitive heads. Yaeki communicate through a series of chirps, similar to those of a bird, although domesticated Yaeki may attempt to mimick human speech in the same manner a parrot would. They are intelligent and curious creatures - behaving much like an average toddler - and possess a strong will to learn and please their owners.

The most fascinating aspect of a Yaeko's anatomy is the transparent "dome" attached to their chest. The dome itself appears to be made of some sort of glass-like material. The contents of this dome are unknown, but it appears to contain some sort of colourful liquid or mist. Floating around in the strange substance is a charm. Every Yaeko has their own unique charm used for identification - and surprisingly, keeping nightmares at bay. People with a Yaeko in their household report having fewer nightmares than people who don't. This leads to speculation that Yaeki "trap" good dreams in their domes for safekeeping so their owners may have the same good dreams over again.

RULES & GUIDELINES

- Always have the "FAKE" sign visible on your entry. You will be disqualified otherwise.

- When it comes to designing rules, it all comes down to "don't remove the dome", "don't change the egg-shaped head" (unless to add an underbite trait or give the illusion of fur by the neckline) and "have fun with everything else". Line edits are encouraged - show us what you've got!

- The charm inside the dome is unique - it comes in different shapes, sizes and colours for different Yaeki. The star is simply an example, it is encouraged that you replace it!

- We'd like to see at least 2-3 entries before we decide if you fit the team.

- Please don't make covers - link your most recent entry to your previous one instead! This allows us to more easily check your entries and avoid risk of missing one of your entries. (Covers are allowed if submitting off-Oekaki entries)

- Guest artists are allowed to do 5 adopts on the main thread. Once you reach your limit, you may re-enter the artist search competition.

- After your 5 adopts as a guest artist, you may be asked to join the team permanently if we're impressed with your work!

- You can put designs made here up for adoption on the main adopts page (recolouring needed) if we choose you as a guest artist/full-time artist!

- Off-Oekaki entries are allowed as long as you link them in a colour-in!

RARITY CHART

Standard:
    Custom charm

Common:
    Claw edits, tooth edits (shape of teeth), tail edits, multicoloured dome, short fur (tufts on elbows etc.), short hair (above jawline when wet)

Uncommon:
    Custom ears, custom pupil, custom tongue, underbite, long fur (lion manes etc.), backmane, long hair (below jawline when wet)

Rare:
    Extra eyes, extra limbs (up to six total), two tails, glow, small horns on head, small spikes on body, height edit (munchkin/reverse munchkin), extra ears (up to two pairs), halo, goop, cracked dome

Legendary:
    Multiple heads (up to three total), multiple tails (up to six total), large horns on head (antlers etc.), large spikes on body, multiple domes, more than six limbs (up to eight total), elemental aspects, eyes on body (up to eight total), meryaeko, wings, visible bone, transparency

Non-Rarity Traits: (Does not pass down to pups)
    Weight edits (plump/skinny), heterochromia, limb deformation, scars or missing limbs (may be added by owner of Yaeko, must be approved by staff member), tattoos (may be added by owner of Yaeko, must be approved by staff member)
Last edited by Calibri on Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:41 am, edited 33 times in total.
Calibri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Yaeko Adopts Ongoing Artist Search

Postby frostykitty » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:41 pm

mark!
frostykitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby purble » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:12 am

mark
i like kirby n earthbound
purble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .summer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:09 am

mark <3
.summer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonheart48 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:37 pm

mark
π˜πŽπ”'𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 πˆπ’ 𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 π˜πŽπ” πƒπŽ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
─────────────────────────────────────────────────

┍ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ β”‘
Hello all, I'm Dragonheart48
but you can call me heart or
Dh if you want. I'm a pretty
big marvel fan, as you can
see and I love rping various
things. I'm always up for a
trade or pm, so feel free to
send any of those my way.
I'm also actively searching
for shapeshifting characters
━ ━ ━ ━ Β© ━ ━ ━ ━
roleplay character storage
adoptable character hub

links:
Raptor Island | link
Return | The Voids
Shatteredclan | Return
β”• ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ β”™

─────────────────────────────────────────────────
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 πƒπŽπ„π’π'𝐓 πŒπ„π€π π˜πŽπ” 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 π“πŽ πƒπŽ πˆπ“.
Dragonheart48

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kxynine » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:48 pm

Big fat mark
kxy || nov 23rd || artist
video editor || he/him
Characters | My artshop β˜†
kxynine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .henloimmabirb. » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:18 am

Maaark!
Henlo!! :D I am Birb! Image

PokeFarm Q

Art Fight
Sketch Shop | Character Shop
Discord: ScribbleRibbon#1282
ImageImage
ImageImage
.henloimmabirb.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby your conscience » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:39 am

I'll just give this a little nudge
was a time i meant something here now i'm only in it for the oekaki
extroverted but not that comfortable talking with people only dm me if you don't do small talk i hate that send me a stupid meme instead
your conscience

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby khenney » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:16 pm

Art commissions and trades are closed. I just don't have time guys, I'm so sorry

I am an adult player

You can call me Khen, CG, or Bailee
I have a son (adult player,) 2 mutts, fish, chickens, and a goat. I'm prone to medical problems. If you ever need help with equine genetics just send me a message and I will help if I can. If not I will give my best guess and provide resources
If you have a pressing art request, pm me, chances are I'll atleast atempt it

Character StorageΒ€Art Shop Page (closed)
Rest in peace Logan Admiral
khenney

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me