Forum rules
This board has been so popular that we've had to make another board for avatars already!

We've made a new Editable Avatars board so if you want everyone to color in your avatar you can post over there! It'll work just like the regular editable oekaki forum, but for Avatar sized canvases :)

If you only want certain friends to be able to color your avatar then you can leave it in this board, and just add editing permissions for those people.

My Oekaki experience by Flsh.bowl

• Forum avatar size
Artist Flsh.bowl [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 15 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Forum avatar

Sorry, this artist does not allow people to use this drawing as their avatar.

My Oekaki experience

Postby Flsh.bowl » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:53 pm

To start I want to say the character above is mine,
and you don't have permission to use him ever unless you want to pay the $350.00 for him.
And no this is not editable so no you may not use it :thumbup:

Okay so lets begin,
I have never wanted to say anything bad about Oekaki, but unfortunately, I absolutely despise it.
This is my first actual drawing I've done in my whole time on being on CS, like a real drawing. I don't know if it is my end that everything looks like garbage, choppy, and just one huge mess, but I had so many problems just trying to figure out how to use it. Perhaps that's my problem.

First, I thought I was going to be able to do a standard more realistic styled headshot so easily but every time I made a line it was so jagged and messy, so after so many times I had decided just throwing a chibi down would be better anyways.

This is not to mention every time my cursor rolled over a panel it would drag or all the settings would just size up, just change the color and I'd start with a color I didn't even want, and it would change the opacity of the layer A LOT.

Then once I had a "decent" lineart I had moved into color, things got way worse from here, the coloring was inconsistent and it left so many holes with the lock, and picking my colors again resulted in different shades of black. The background was clearly the easiest, but I do not think I will be working with Oekaki much unless anyone has an idea on how to improve.

Sadly as I can remember I have had way better results from MS paint.

If you want to see actual art from me feel free to check out my Deviant art

https://www.deviantart.com/glasmos/gallery/

I am unsure if I can do commissions here for Paypal, if so please let me know if I can or can't
fish | they/them | beardie and cat dad | artist | fursuiter | beginner suit makerImage
im more active on instagram !! - @flsh.bowl
Flsh.bowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My Oekaki experience

Postby nepsneps » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:58 pm

tell me about it. there's so many art related things i wanna do on this site and like half of them require the use of oekaki but it's just way too hard to use.
nepsneps

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me