Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Thank you from the Captain by corrosive_limes

Artist corrosive_limes [gallery]
Time spent 14 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Thank you from the Captain

Postby corrosive_limes » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:21 pm

The competition for Viscet 1643 has been officially closed for judging as of about half an hour ago, and I don't think I've ever been both so excited and so incredibly stressed for a competition before!
But I mean that in a good way, because I've been watching everyone else participating and I've seen the love and effort they've poured into their forms too, and I know regardless of who wins they'll be going to an absolutely wonderful home <3
The judge is gonna have one hell of a time with this one cx So good luck to you too! <3

I doubt they are, but if any other contestants are reading this I wish you the best of luck in this competition too <3
Even if I don't win, I still had a hell of a lot of fun writing and developing the character, and just for that it's worth it
Though I didn't get as much done as I originally planned, I'm quite pleased with what I did get done and had a lot of fun working on it all <3

I wanted to take this opportunity after it closed to give a huge thank you and shout out to all the absolutely wonderful artists who helped me out in this competition by drawing art, and a general thank you to the public for putting up with my incessant advertising and art-seeking!

Huge thanks to the following artists for contributing their art to my form <33
Honestly I cannot thank you all enough for how many gorgeous pieces I got thanks to you all <333

Scottish9
QuakingAspen
DarkWolfpuppi
Spica
Prince Audric
Gadgetrocks
Animal345
Cosmic Candy Fox
InkSky
raccoon bandit
q1q2q3q4
temps de combustion
azuran.
Softfeather_04

If you're an artist who helped out and you happen to see this, please let me know if you'd be okay with me giving your art to the winner in the event I lose!
I know there are some people out there who don't like it when commissioners pass on their art without their knowledge and I want to make sure it's alright if I have to <3

I'm gonna take a short break to calm down and get over the stress of the deadline but then I'll get started on any art I owe any of you in return for you time and skill <3

Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor !
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
my discord is also corrosive_limes if you really really need me for something
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thank you from the Captain

Postby sweathie » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:23 pm

happened to see this! 100% okay with you transferrin the art- it makes me sad when ppl dont
xlxImagexxxxxImagexxxxxImage
sweathie / michael
⍢ sweathie on everything ⍢
he/him | college student
my only discord is sweathie
xxxxxxx
xchicoons || commissionsxxxxxxImage Image
sweathie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:07 pm

alright! ^^
and yeah, same on that. i usually do all my own tryout art so its kinda a first for me to have to go ask, but i also know that there are some artists who really don't like their art changing hands without their knowledge
if it's something non-character specific (i.e. no special background or items, just the character kinda standing around) then to me it doesn't really make sense to not give it to the winner. but if it's something that is character specific (unique items, setting, and background specific to their story/hobbies, etc.) and you plan to reuse the character concept and art in the future then i can kinda understand keeping it if you change the character pictured.
_
-

they/them
unfortunately almost entirely quit, this site just doesn't spark joy for me anymore. (no my stuff is not available. if it was i would've made a thread for it)
occasionally log back on to search for references or old posts for character information, but not much more
i'm on toyhou.se @corrosive_limes if you want to credit me for a design / art that you have
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rocky Road Raccoon » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:35 pm

Hey! Just poppin in to say it's completely okay if you pass on my art to the winner! Though perhaps I'll remove the potion- since it probably won't fit the character if someone else wins. But I love when people do it ^^
Good luck with the competition- too! Your form was amazing and i'm glad I contributed something to it!
Rocky Road Raccoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby corrosive_limes » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:06 pm

alright ^^
and thank you! <3
_
-

they/them
corrosive_limes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkWolfpuppi » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:19 am

Hello! I'm also fine with my art being passed to the winner! (Although it was relatively specific to him being a pirate so it might not fit with who they want him to be xD)
Anyway, good luck with the competition!

Image Image
Similar enough and yet so different
Secret Text
DarkWolfpuppi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me