Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Dargon #45 by Scottish9

Based on Click to view
Artist Scottish9 [gallery]
Time spent 13 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

Dargon #45

Postby Scottish9 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:41 am

Happy Summer Solstice! This Freezegon buck is based on a twilight sky, with a sunset, stars, and everything! No items, as I did not want to mar his beauty.

This is gonna be a big competition. Yes, there'll be a name requirement, as well as a song, why that song reminds you of him, and...

a 500-word story on his history.
OR
an art piece portraying him.

No forms; I want to see how you approach this!

This will end in one week, on 6/28. Best of luck!
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dargon #45

Postby koi.fish » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:06 am

Name: Dawn
Song: We'll rewrite the stars (or something along those lines XD)
Story: Dawn briskly walked through the halls of the Celestial Palace. "Your Highness," came the voice of one of the generals. The prince turned around to face the general. "What is it?" Dawn asked.
"It's your father. He went patrolling with other guards and was killed by a strange Nightgon. The Nightgon kept of the guards alive. The guard relayed a message back to us. The dargon said that he wanted to wipe out your entire bloodline," the general said with worry in his voice. Dawn's gray eyes widened as they always did when he was startled. "Are your sure?" the handsome dargon asked the general.
"Yes, Your Majesty," the general replied. Suddenly, an ear-splitting ringing interrupted Dawn and the general. It was the sound of the emergency bell. "You must go while you still can," the general ordered as he ushered Dawn into a stone chamber. "But-but, I can't leave the kingdom," Dawn stuttered but the general ignored him. "Your father is dead and if you die, then there will be no chief of our tribe," the general snapped. He had started lighting a torch and lead Dawn further into the stone chamber.
Soon, the wooden door that was the entrance to the chamber was hidden in the shadows. "Where are we?" the prince asked just before he bumped into the guard. Getting up, Dawn looked at a large object. It took him a moment to realize what he was seeing. It was a silver mirror with golden roses twining around the frame. The silver seemed to be glowing and the roses seemed so real that Dawn thought that he could smell the heavenly fragrance of the beautiful flowers. Dawn took a tentative step forward and tried to put a paw on the mirror's glass; but his paw slipped right through it. The prince gasped as he began to fall right through it. He couldn't maintain his balance. Dawn looked around to the general for help since there wasn't anything he could hold on to to stop him from falling. To Dawn's horror the general gave him a wry smile. "Goodbye, Dawn. I hope that it'll be easier taking the throne without you intervening," the general sneered before he turned on his heel and headed back towards the exit. Dawn had been betrayed. Before he knew it, he slipped through the mirror entirely and seemed to fall downwards. He tried to use his wings to prevent him from falling but nothing worked. Colors flashed by him until he landed with a painful 'THUD' on something and everything went black.
Dawn groggily opened his eyes and nearly jumped back in fright when he saw a blue dargon's head staring at him. The dargon gave a frightened yelp when he noticed that Dawn had woken up. "Who are you? Where am I?" the nova-like dargon asked the blue dargon. The blue dargon gave a small laugh. "I'm Albatross. Son of Gaia and Dori. As for where you are, you must be crazy not to know where you are," the blue dargon, Albatross, replied. Dawn frowned. "I really don't know where I am," Dawn said. Albatross began to look puzzled now. "Are- are you sure?" he asked. Dawn nodded. Albatross studied Dawn. "Hmm, maybe you aren't no dargon in Dargonia has that kind of coloration."
"Dargonia?" Dawn blinked, surprised. "I thought the only world that existed was Nighora."
"Well, there are stories about portals that can teleport dargons to seven realms. It must be true then," Albatross said, thoughtfully looking up at the sky. Dawn shifted his weight uncomfortably. "I'm a prince. My kingdom's under attack, do you think that you could help me by any chance?" Dawn inquired.
"Of course! I can take you to my tribe. There you can recuperate and if have to, leave to your realm."
"Really?" asked Dawn. But before he could finish, he was interrupted by a sharp whistle. Albatross motioned for him to follow and lead the young prince through the woods.
After endless hours of walking, Dawn and Albatross came to a halt in front of a hole in a tree. Albatross jumped in and Dawn followed him. Before he knew it, Dawn fell down with another painful-sounding 'THUD'. As the prince got up, he gasped in amazement at the scene in front of him. There were intricately designed tree-houses on blue willows. Albatross grinned at him. "Welcome to The Moon Willow Tribe," he said proudly. Albatross lead the stunned prince towards the biggest tree-house. They both flew up and the light blue dargon knocked on the door. A bright green mare opened the door. "Hello," she said as she opened the door even wider. Albatross bowed and Dawn gave her a smile. "I'm Dawn. I apparently came from a different realm and I was wondering if you could help me get back to tribe. It's under attack from rogue dargons," he introduced himself politely. When the mention of rogue dargons was heard by the mare, she became rigid. "Of course I'll help. Rogue dargons aren't my favorite either. I'll send some warriors, guards and healers with you. As for how to get back, we have a portal somewhere around here," said the mare...
And so, the young prince and his army traveled through the chieftess's portal and fought bravely against the evil dargons. Dawn had out-numbered the dargons three to one and those who survived the attack were kept alive because of Dawn's mercy. He had banished them to the far woods of Nighora and the moment when the prince turned into a king soon came. King Dawn was kind and merciful to all his subjects, but soon, the king wanted to thank the chieftess and hunter who helped him. He returned to Dargonia and left his tribe with a new king. Dawn then became a part of The Moon Willow Tribe and became the young chieftess's mentor. Dawn often visits Nighora whenever he can. He became very faithful and trusting towards the chieftess.

(1000 words)
██
██
██
██
██
──── 𝐤 𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐬 𝐡 ─────────────────────────────
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
feel free to call me koi,
whatever floats your boat
she/they ● AEDT ● average
fish and chips enjoyer

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

┌────────────────────┐

I have anxiety and overthink
a lot so please be patient if
I’m slow with replies

Thank you :3

└────────────────────┘
koi.fish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dargon #45

Postby Scottish9 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:44 am

This is still open!
So, I am no longer really playing. I am sticking around to collect pets which I will exchange for art. Please only contact me about art or if you need some advice or a listening ear.
Scottish9

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me