CC#7.219 by Metallic Dragon

Based on Click to view
Artist Metallic Dragon [gallery]
Time spent 29 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
10 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

CC#7.219

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:11 am

Canis Concolor, otherwise known as Zvers, are an alien species that were discovered aboard a crashed space ship. Initially believed to be too vicious to tame, humans have formed bonds with these strange beasts, despite warnings from government agents who want them rounded up and exterminated. Despite several attempts, the government has failed to capture the beasts and Zvers have become an established species on Earth. Many Zvers have now become cherished partners and have shown themselves to be extremely intelligent and capable of human speech via telepathy. What will your role in their lives be?

This sweet baby was found and rescued from a Zver fighting operation. Their tail has been docked and they're clearly missing an ear and bearing several scars as a result of their previous ownership. Adopting this Zver is not an easy endeavor as they are quite shy and anxious. They need someone patient and loving to teach them how to trust again.

To win this Zver, write some journal entries detailing your experience visiting this Zver at the rescue and earning their trust.
Please keep entries CS friendly and avoid discussing the fighting operation. They have been freed from there and there is no need to look back on or describe that time in their life.
Aside from that, you may write as many journal entries as you'd like, they can be any length and they should focus on your experience gaining the Zver's trust and volunteering at the rescue where they are being cared for.

Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Biological Sex:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Journal Entries:[/b]

Ends June 15th
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CC#7.219

Postby Metallic Dragon » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Bump
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:55 pm

Dropping out.
Last edited by clouds-move-on on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby geto » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:47 am

dropping out,,
Last edited by geto on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
geto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbitheart » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Username: Rabbitheart
Name: Limbani (Bani for short)
Biological Sex: Female
Journal Entries:

DAY 9

I visited the Zver that I've come to call Limbani today, I have decided to call her this as it seems quite fitting to me. It is a name that originates from Africa and means "be strong" which is my most ardent plea for this Zver. I want her to be strong and push through her painful past and still be able to see the good in humanity. Today, I saw the first glimmer of hope that this plea had been answered.
Today, Limbani has begun to interact with me in a manner other than that of fear. I think that I'm beginning to make some progress with her and it is perhaps needless to say that I am absolutely excited as both myself and the individuals who rescued her have been concerned that she might never trust humans again. I plan to visit her in two days accompanied by a few of my other Zvers, ones that would not hurt her and should not threaten her. I'll continue to visit her every day and work with her, if anything in her behavior indicates to me that she is not ready for that step, then I will push it back for awhile.
Limbani is by no means easy to befriend, her trust is hard won and it seems like most of the individuals within the rescue have earned it from her yet. I'm determined though, I refuse to give up on her for I know that she is so much more than what she was and can become so much more and so much better than she is now. I work tirelessly with her in the hopes that she will one day break the chains of her past experiences and learn to trust again and to learn what it is to be free.

DAY 10

Today's visit to Limbani was one that certainly gave me some hope, the people at the rescue believe that she could be ready to meet my other Zvers tomorrow. This is good news, but I'm still uncertain about the whole thing.

DAY 11

Today was the big day, I brought my three most demure Zvers with me today to visit Limbani. I was nervous to say the least and not altogether absolutely certain about the outcome. While Limbani was showing a great deal of progress and certainly seemed ready for this step, I was still worried that this could backfire. I decided to start with the youngest Zver I had, believing that a child would pose no threat and would cause no harm. So Phoenix & Andor were first, I put them in an empty kennel next to Limbani and watched the interactions between them intently. All seemed to be going well

I’m so sorry Metallic, I’m afraid that I’m going to have to drop out. It’s been a busy time for me and with life and my computer crashing (and the fact that I’m on mobile right now lol) I’m afraid I’ll have to drop out. ^^;
Congrats to the winner of this lovely Zver though! :3
Last edited by Rabbitheart on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rabbitheart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:42 am

Username: Wileyfangs
    Name: Esther
    Biological Sex: Female
    Journal Entries:

Entry 1

Hey there journal, long time no see! I've stopped doing audio recordings because a certain skull zver who will not be named, chewed my tape recorder to pieces so I'll be writing like this from now on.

And boy do I have some news.
    A few days ago we, me and a group of Zver rescuers were introduced to the most scarred up Zver I've ever seen.

Our guide told us how they'd been trying to find them a forever home, but the little Zver had fear of nearly everything and lashed out constantly.

This of course made me think of Quinn and Rufus, my very first Zver who had suffered at the hands of bounty hunters who muzzled them and my latest Zver who was still trying to settle into the idea of living with humans and the longer I stared at the zver the more my heart ached. I realized I was the only one still staring at the zver when my group left.

Then tiny Zver lifted their head to stare at me intensely. It was childish but I wanted to leave something of me behind. So put my hand, palm up and open against the glass to leave an imprint before pulling it away and going to return to the group. I wanted them to know I would be back.

I don't know their name, I was too distracted to ask but as I went home with my pack of Zvers I couldn't help but wonder if there was a spot for them too.

Entry 2 + 3

I'm skipping entries I know but to kinda have things make sense I'll combine these later.

Anyway I met Esther. E.S.T.H.E.R.

He is very skittish, very skinny and has many teeth. He likes to show them very often. I was led to his room in quarantine and learned what he'd been through and it was even worse than I imagined.

A fighting zver ring.

My heart dropped down low in my belly making me feel sick. The idea burned into my brain and staring at the zver I couldn't help but ache with sympathy

I couldn't help thinking about it. The idea alone messed with my being making me burn up inside. One rescuer found me and shook his head at the look on my face.

"Always gets worse huh?"
    Yeah...yeah it did.

Anyway Esther was very frightened of me and for awhile I stayed on one end of the huge room and they sat in the other, shivering almost violently in their nest of cloth scraps and blankets.

I thought about Quin in those times, how they'd been frightened of me too. How hard it had been to track them down and then trust me enough to get off the muzzle. Only Esther didn't have a muzzle. Esther had teeth, bright and knife like. He bared them every so often, sending a snarl or two my way.

I had an idea though, when they finally just turned away determined not to notice me now it seemed. He ignored any coos or chirps, ignored treats or promises of snacks. And physical contact was absolutely off the table. If anything he bumped into even resembled a hand, I watched him tear the arm of a teddy bear to shreds.

And for awhile it was like that.
    I'd visit, he'd growl. I'd sit down and he'd ignore me. It was a nice set up I think between us.

And one day I came in after stopping by the photo gallery; they have one at headquarters too. The photo gallery.... It basically works as a positivity thing. Everyone hangs pictures of their Zvers there...to remind ourselves of why we're trying to save them. And well I had extras... So I brought them with me.

That seemed to have their attention. I placed the pictures up of my Zvers, each picture showing a Zver being happy or ridiculous.

There was Quin shyly looking into the camera while Callisto and Rufus posed, the latter using Callisto's shoulder to balance. Then there was little Kobi annoying Noel while his daughter Wyvern was watching.

And Esther stared at the pictures from his side of the room. I could tell he wanted to look but was too frightened to actually move. So I left them at the end of the session. When I came back today they were surprisingly still intact.

But also on the other side of the room. I had to remind myself that baby steps were more important to making big strides. And right now, Esther crossing over to get these had been one of them.

Entry 4

I finally decide to bring a Zver of my own in to "talk" to Esther. I've chosen Quin, namely because of how alike they are or so I believe. Quin, of course, doesn't feel up to "speaking" just yet despite how excited Esther seems to be at the sight of them. Esther didn't either after a few moments and I felt an odd tension in the room. One I couldn't quite name. Trying to diffuse it, I introduce them to each other. Esther didn't seem to understand why Quin was so close to me or understand why he didn't outright attack.

The reason I'm saying this is because that had been the case with Esther and other humans. They got too close or hurt him and so he is not comfortable with them being anywhere close to him at all. I've had some close shaves myself from those teeth just from being on this side of the room.

I could see him straining to communicate with Quin but for some reason, Quin seemed reluctant to actually speak to him. They paced nervously and pawed at the door, a sign they wanted to go out. Only a sign of their anxiety.

So I clicked my tongue gently and said
    "Harl E baby Harl E baby," as I opened my arms for them.

It worked. They stopped trying to run and padded up to me, climbing into my arms. I shushed and cooed at them, making little Zver noises for them and gently ruffling their fur the way they liked before they "talked" to me.

I could see now a myriad of pictures and spaces of Quin's former life. Of being in a cage. Being mishandled. Forced to wear the muzzle. It wasn't graphic, Quin was much too sensitive to go into that much detail but I got the gist soon enough. Esther made them nervous because they remembered living in the cages. Snuggling up to me, I let them bury their face in my shoulder as my sight came back. Only to find Esther was livid. Tears burning in their blue eyes as they glared almost hatefully at us.

I didn't know how but I knew to move to the door. But before I could get there, Quin leaped out of my arms and snarled fearsomely, their whole body arched and ready to spring the most aggressive I'd ever seen them be. "Quin," I remembered calling but they weren't fighting. Well not physically. I could see they were arguing and quite loudly by the shifts in body language. Quin was seeming to be especially angry about it and Esther was wincing obviously regretting whatever it was they had said. Quin closed the connection abruptly and turned immediately from Esther and out the door.

I only wish I knew what they said.

Entry 5

It took a hit of convincing to let the headquarters let me back at the job, after the incident. I don't blame them. We were really in for a nasty situation back there last time. But I still brightened up after my few days pause at watching Esther.

Esther it seemed didn't seem to care which might've hurt my feelings just a little bit. But I had paperwork to do. So after a cautionary glance at Esther I began filling it out. It wasn't anything special, just some paperwork for Rufus and Kobi, who were not yet registered as my Zvers just yet.

How strange, I thought, on how those two had come to the pack. The two had come comically enough with Rufus being held in Kobi's mouth like a sausage roll and Rufus snarling at everyone that moved. It was like something out of a bad movie. Still they had come into my little pack and were finally settling in. This paperwork would give them some immunity from being hunted. It was a huge government debate even now but Zvers with humans were given immunity from being hunted so long as their human was with them. It was no small feat but it was a far cry from keeping the Bounty hunters at bay.

So this paperwork was pretty important.

And maybe it was because I had my attention elsewhere, or perhaps wasn't paying attention to Esther but without me knowing it, a small body was curled up beside me. And I didn't move, almost stiffening up as Esther sniffed at my papers.

Ether wanted to read.

How he snuck up on me without me realizing was terrifying and even more were the memories of those very very sharp familiar teeth that could easily shred human skin.

I couldn't help tensing as that muzzle moved from paper to my arm. I chanced a look down and found unreadable blue eyes gazing back at me. I was frozen, unable to move, not daring to breathe.

Esther's mouth opened and I felt my blood run cold as those teeth inched closer to my skin only to stop.

"I could end you," came the quiet boyish voice into my mind. "But...you don't act bad..."

A chance to talk. I'd take any chance.

"I don't want to be bad..."

"Why not?" This time it was petulant, suspicious and those teeth inched closer. "And don't lie."

I surprised both of us by chuckling.
    "Why would I hurt you if I don't like hurting others?" Esther paused and tilted his head. I hear confusion and caution in his voice. "Humans don't hurt each other?"

The phrase was silly but so child-like and I shook my head. "Oh no, they do. But not all humans want to hurt each other." I gazed at him carefully. "Did you ever want to hurt someone?" Esther held my gaze before nodding, his head seeming heavy. He rested it on my arm.

"Yes..." He whispered in my mind. "And it was awful."

The word was weighed down by such anguish that I felt sorry for the creature in my arms as his eyes glittered with pain. I bit my lip gently and sighed. "What if I told you....you didn't have to hurt anyone anymore?" I feel those pale blue eyes shift towards me and I stare right back at them and offer my hand. Esther's mouth opens and those teeth are back but I don't move.

Then after a moment daintily, he sniffs at it.
    "You won't hurt me?" He asked.
    "Never," I promise as he slowly and shakily pressed his muzzle into my palm.

I didn't know it but that promise was the start of something new. For both of us.
    Entry 6

Hey! It's been awhile...well more like a month! But a lot has happened!
    Recently there's been an attack in my neighborhood, bounty hunters everywhere!
    I had just gotten Esther settled in after so much paperwork and a lot of coaxing, both from my own Zvers and the kiddo himself.
    Everything had been finally looking up when they struck! It was terrible!

The government was seriously messing up with this one as Zvers and their owners were being run out of their homes, and their houses ransacked in search of the Zvers.
    Myself included.

Now we're on the run. The headquarters was hit by a separate attack that left the place in tatters. I don't know what going on but if anyone get this journal, I hope you figure it out before I do because none of this is looking too great.

But as for my Zvers...
    well besides the attack I think we're doing okay. Noel, not really a Zver I own but a good friend to the pack has offered them shelter out in the wilderness. I...I don't think it would be a good idea for me to go with them. If the Zver Headquarters is down then I'm useless here and the last thing I want is to get them caught by bounty hunters. Quin, I'm not sure if he can tell what I'm planning or not, but he refuses to leave my side recently and surprisingly, Esther is reluctant to do so as well.

The scarred up Zver has made himself at home in my backpack and refuses to budge and will even nip if I try to get him out. So we're following Noel away from this place. I...I don't know if this will be my last entry. I hope not. Especially now with Esther around. I had hoped to give him something better than this...but he's curled up on my stomach right now and he looks better than he has in days.

I hope this works out.

Last edited by Wileyfangs on Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:32 am

Ending in 2 days!
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:10 am

Ending in about 12 hours!
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Metallic Dragon » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:03 am

Congratulations to Wiley! I'll admit I got a bit teary- eyed when Esther finally spoke! Take good care of him!
Metallic Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wileyfangs » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:32 am

; D ; Thank you so much! I promise I will!
    Esther will be well protected in this pack ; w ;
Wileyfangs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me