Drawing sessions 2
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Matthias Eisenhardt

Postby kolyakun » Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 pm

★★★
Kolyakun || Matthias || Male ||
★★★

Matthias scanned his surroundings, the castle had architecture like no other in the district. High upon the hill, the castle overlooked the town. It's many pointed towers giving it the look of an eccentric crown. The ivory stone walls glistened in the summer sun, smooth and warm to the touch during the first heat of summer. The straight walls are interrupted at the corners by pronounced circular portions and the slate roof is a series of slopes and cones. It's larger than Matthias had ever imagined it could be. How many of his own homes would fit inside he wondered? Fifty, a hundred, maybe even more?

---

The metronomic ticking of a grandfather clock filled the silence as Matthias sat in an old handcrafted chair, worn with age, but no less beautiful as it would have been when first made. Eyes scanning the room there were many things that they noticed. The first being that on the desk across from him was a pile of folders, names neatly printed on each one and his being on the very top, the next that caught his attention were the rows of photos that lined the walls, he was sure that he'd be able to spot his grandfather in one if given the chance... The next had its attention stolen by the opening and closing of the door behind him.

Matthias Hallewell, correct?" Standing up to greet the man who had recently joined them, Mattias nodded, too scared to speak, too nervous to say the wrong thing. He had been waiting for this day his entire life, the chance to follow in his grandfathers footsteps, on habit a hand moved up to rub the rim of the large hat that sat upon his head, the material worn and old, but just as the chair, just as beautiful as it would have been when originally crafted. His eyes carefully trailed after the headmaster's feet, looking him in the eyes would be just as nerve-wracking as speaking.

"Welcome to Ridserra, School of Wizardry and Magic..." There was a pause as if the headmaster had expected a response, having none returned he continued on. "You wouldn't happen to be Abel's grandson would you?" At the mention of his grandfather, it was as if the floodgates had opened, words tumbled out in waves and it seemed the headmaster was happily keeping himself afloat. With a soft chuckle, however, Mattias calmed down.

"I thought I recognised that hat."
"Oh! You did?! It's his! Well, you obviously knew that! But now it's mine. He gave it to me, officially, this year. Unofficially, it's always been mine. That's what he says at least." Mattias beamed, pulling the hat into his lap, it was just a tad too big for him still, but not as big as it was when he was younger.

"A brilliant man your grandfather." The older man smiled.

“Oh he is, for sure! As a child, I used to dress up and pretend I was him! I looked up to my grandfather so much. I wanted to be just like him.” Matthias exhaled and looked up at the headmaster.
“I remember my mother even making me a make-shift robe and staff so I could complete my costume,” Matthias lets out a small chuckle.
“I’d run around the house and spew nonsense about casting spells, I was quite the troublemaker and had a wild imagination - as my mother would say of course.”
The headmaster sat back in his seat and rested his head on his hand.

“Matthias,” The older man interrupts
“Yes, sir?” he answers, placing the worn hat back onto his head.
“I think you’ll fit in very well here. Welcome to Ridserra, Institute of Magic.”
Matthias’ mouth opens wide before curling into a smile. Tears gathered in his eyes and he bowed his head.
“Thank you! Thank you so much you won’t regret your decision, sir!” He shouted, adjusting himself and wiping away the tears from his now rosy cheeks.

[664 words]

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery