Based on Click to view
Artist lovestruck [gallery]
Time spent 3 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

coffee beans and tea leaves (1/3)

Postby lovestruck » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:44 am

by sticksandstones

Melanie is a super fun gal. She loves to talk to and socialize with anyone she comes across, because of her friendly nature. Melanie could talk for hours and hours without end to a complete stranger, and still have things to talk about before they finally get annoyed and make an excuse to leave. Because of her personality, her café, Catastrophic Coffee, is vey popular. Locals and tourists come to it, because not only is she known for her delicious baked-from-scratch pastries, but because it’s known to be one of the most lively and fun places in her city. Melanie makes everyone feel welcome and happy the second they step into the door, which is exactly why it’s so popular! She even gives fashion tips, which in her opinion is a great idea, but it’s not the nicest thing to hear in other kalon’s opinions. See, Melanie loves the creative expression in clothing, so she’s very passionate about not only her clothes, but other kalon’s clothing as well. She doesn’t hesitate to give a quick “that’s not really your color” or “oh, cashmere is so not in.” She goes shopping in almost all of her free time, although she doesn’t exactly have the most money to spend, she still likes to look, and occasionally splurges on something she just must have. Of course, between running her cafe and growing her garden, she doesn’t have much time for shopping. Her teas are all home brewed, picked or grown. She has a whole garden of bushes, herbs, plants and fruits she uses for her teas, which requires lots of tending, and then she must dry and chop the products to make the tea bags. It’s all worth it though, because you never know what to expect on her menu, which is also part of the appeal of Catastrophic, the mystery! Besides her somewhat harmful (although it’s accidental, truly) fashion comments, Melanie is a super sweet kal. She always wants to make everyone happy, and is quick to jump at the opportunity to help another in need, especially those who are close to her. If you’re a close friend, or family, or girlfriend, there’s no doubt she’ll fight through the toughest of times for and with you. Melanie is a delight to talk to and be around, because of her humor, and she’ll cheer you up quickly. She can be a bit overconfident and cocky, which annoys many kalons, along with how extroverted she is, talking to almost everyone. However, if you can get past that you’ll see she’s one of the best friends and kalons you could have in your life, because there’s never a dull moment with her, and she really, genuinely cares. Melanie grew up rather detached from her family, so she never really had anyone that cared much. They were pretty lose with their parenting, and she went to parties all the time. She didn’t really bond with them much, or talk to them at all, really. She grew up in a small town, so there weren’t many things to do other than stay at the beachfront, which is what she did, trying to avoid her parents, because she simply disliked them. Finally, once she got old enough, she moved out, and is now living in a big city, and doing fine on her own. She doesn’t contact her parents much, and they don’t contact her. This is why she always tries to be supportive, because there was never really anyone like that there for her when she was growing up. Of course, her parents did care, but not enough, and it really hurt her more than she realized untill they stopped calling her. She just wants to make everyone happy, because they all deserve it! Having extra limbs is very helpful for Melanie’s job, and allows her not to have to hire too many helpers, because she can literally be two places at once. She can take a call whilst pouring a cup of tea or coffee (not that she doesn’t get distracted and spill it sometimes though) for a customer, or talk to a customer whilst doing other things like baking or preparing a drink.

┌──────────────┐

ʙɪʀᴛʜ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ↠ Melanie
ɴɪᴄᴋɴᴀᴍᴇ ↠ Mel,Nie
ɢᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ↠ female
ᴀɢᴇ ↠ 23
ʜᴇɪɢʜᴛ ↠ 5'5”
ғᴀᴄᴇᴄʟᴀɪᴍ↠ unknown name
sᴇxᴜᴀʟɪᴛʏ ↠ lesbian
ᴏᴄᴄᴜᴘᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ↠ barista
ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘ sᴛᴀᴛᴜs ↠ single
sʟᴏᴛs ↠ 2/3
ᴋɪᴛs ↠ nb

ᴀᴅᴏᴘᴛɪᴏɴ ᴘᴀɢᴇ ↠MYO
ғᴏʀᴍ ↠ n/a
ᴄᴏᴍᴘ ↠ n/a
ʜᴇxᴄᴏᴅᴇs ↠ #583f2c
#9c6947
#fedf90
#a27b50
#fef6aa
#eab22d
#fae7c6
ᴇᴅɪᴛs ↠
standard:shine
common: hair, tail
uncommon: ears
rare: six limbs
ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ↠ n/a
ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘs ↠ n/a

ᴀʀᴛ ↠ scattered around page

└──────────────┘
Last edited by lovestruck on Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: coffee beans and tea leaves

Postby lovestruck » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:11 am

What is your Kalon’s first, middle, and last name (if they have one)?
    Melanie Estelle Gutierrez
    Does your Kalon have a human appearance as well? If so, what do they look like?
    Melanie has Spanish ancestry, although her more recent ancestors have had a lot of American mixed in, making her of a more white complexion. She has honey colored hair, which cascades down her shoulders in thick locks, but is most frequently worn up in a messy bun. Melanie sports beautiful, deep brown eyes, and four arms! She always has quite the trendy choices of clothe, and is almost always seen with a caffeinated drink in her hand
    Does you Kalon have any family members? If so, blood related or adopted?
    Who is your Kalon the closest too? Why?
    What sort of occupation does your Kalon have? Do they enjoy it?
    List some of your Kalons likes and dislikes and give an explanation as to why.
    What is your Kalons biggest weakness and strength?
    Write about a time when your Kalon(s) lost something important or someone close to them:
    Do they keep promises, or break them? Why?
    Are they a leader, follower, or loner? Why?
    If they could change one thing in their past, what would it be and why?
    Do they care what others think of them? Why or why not?
    Do they tend to argue with others or do they avoid conflict?
    Are they more spontaneous, or are they the type that always needs a plan?
    Do they have any quirks, mannerisms, habits, or other defining characteristics?
    Write about them interacting with their favorite thing: (item, person, place, etc.)
    Where do they live and what is the geography like?
    What is the society like there, is there a hierarchy?
    What kind of technology does the world possess: modern, medieval, fantasy, etc.?
    Do many or only a few people live here?
    Is the history the same as our world, or is it different? If different, how?
    Is your Kalon(s) considered lower, middle, or upper class?
    What sort of language(s) is commonly spoken here?
    Story Behind their Name:
    How many different places have they lived:
    Why did they settle down where they are currently:
    Is there an ideal place they want to live, or are they already there:
    What are the biggest moments that have defined their life:
    Does their future have a bright or darker outlook, and can they change it:
    If they could write a letter to their past self, what would it say: (advice, stories, etc.)
    What is your kalon's relationship with their parents?
    Do they have any siblings? Are they blood related or adopted?
    Does your kalon have children? Do they/did they ever want to have kits?
    Which family member is your kalon closest to? Why?
    Is there a family member your kalon wishes they could know better? Who is it?
    Who is your kalon's best friend?
    Who is your kalon's enemy/least favorite person? How did they come to feel this way about them?
    Besides their best friend, who else is your kalon friends with?
    What qualities does your kalon look for in a friend?
    What qualities does your kalon dislike in a friend?
    Would they risk their life to save a friend? A stranger?
    Is it easy or hard to earn their trust? Why?
    Describe their pet/companion:
    How did they meet their pet/companion?:
lovestruck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me