Based on Click to view
Artist elf_of_the_hollow [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

noctis

Postby elf_of_the_hollow » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:13 am

noctis nightguard - nocty, noct - she/her pronouns

a runaway princess who abandoned her throne for the one thing she wanted more than anything in the world -- adventure. after years of discontentedly studying the world while cooped away in the palace, she stole away one night with the help of a royal guard's daughter -- diem dragonborne. for awhile, diem acted as her bodyguard and guide, since she'd been out of the palace before. the plan had been that noctis would travel and see the world with diem's help for a month before returning back to her studies at the palace. however, it became clear pretty quickly that noctis would not be returning to the palace ever again.

about two weeks into their journey they encountered their first real fight. luckily, noctis had been competent enough in combat due to her years of training in it. diem not so much. during the fight, diem took a major hit -- not only physically, mentally as well. they'd been fighting a small horde of monsters that they had assumed were basically harmless, not particularly strong and easy to take out in a hit or two. unfortunately, the monsters had been packing memory magicks -- when diem was hit it destroyed many of her memories of the palace and of noctis' princesshood. noctis made short work of the remaining monsters before clambering to get diem to a healer where she learned the full extent of what the monster had done.

noctis was content in diem's memory loss -- to her it meant she didn't have to return to the palace, and that she was no longer a princess. she 'reminded' diem of her past, making up falsehoods about it so she would no longer have to confront her princesshood. her original plan to return to palace had been completely abandoned as soon as diem lost her memories. she finally felt truly free.

she never gave a single thought to how boran might feel in all of this -- in fact, she barely gave a thought to how diem would feel. she had been raised as a spoiled princess after all -- that selfishness isn't something you just forget.
[ raine/elf ] • [ any pronouns ] • [ my kals ]
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
elf_of_the_hollow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me