Postby kipin » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 am

x
x
space babies
x
main threadartist search
x
what is a space baby? *:・゚☆

born in tandem with the stars themselves, space babies are creatures that scour the cosmos in search of... destiny! each start out as idealistic little things, driven to find their one ( or two... or three... ) true calling(s). a sb's destiny can be something as large as becoming the defender of a planet, to something as small as growing their own garden. each time a sb finds one of their destinies, a ring of stardust grows around their body. the most ancient sb's are entirely cloaked in stardust, each seeming as though they've grown their own universe.

a sb can range anywhere from four to seven feet tall, and can thrive anywhere from the cold depths of space, to the gentle breeze on earth. some sb's have colonized entire worlds - though many think of themselves as wanderers without a set 'home planet.' that doesn't mean that they aren't social creatures, of course - sb's love to team up with partners for their long journeys across the galaxy!

ahhH. pose practice much? this bab is more in my style, kinda?

end date : extended to april 24th, feel free to pm me for extensions!

for this adopt, mark the main thread and fill out the form below!

Code: Select all
    [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/c504/f/2016/260/4/2/plants_are_friends__f2u__by_knifepills-dai0d11.gif[/img][/center]
    [list][size=85]name ;
    gender ;
    what do they do before sunrise? ( 700 words max, go all out! ) ;
    extra ( optional, 200 words or 1 piece of art ) ;[/size][/list]

traits *:・゚☆ wrote:x
      [s] two eyes, single poof tail, short fur
      [uc] long-ish ears, tiny stardust
      [r] one destiny ring ( anywhere )
x
Last edited by kipin on Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
kipin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: *:・゚☆ space baby #16 [ vitiligo ] !

Postby Cutieduckpie » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:32 am

Absolute qt right here c:
Marking to watch or to enter, we never know o/
Cutieduckpie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby widøw » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:00 pm

name ; Daryl
    gender ; male
    what do they do before sunrise? (260wc) ; Daryl has been a night owl since he was young, his mother always used to complain at him that he would hate himself in the morning if he didn't get some rest soon. The mornings felt tedious to the young lad, they were too alive- he had a deep set disdain for the bustling streets and blinding sun as everything was far too loud. Daryl was a solitary type, he enjoyed his own company and during the day that simply couldn't happen- he took to having regular naps during the day so he had the energy to be up all night. To have the freedom to just be.

Daryl's favourite time is just before sunrise, he finds that final stillness before the day breaks to be sobering. The quiet bracing itself to be wiped out, the birdsong knowing it will be muted by the sounds of cars and chattering. This young man can be found atop his roof just before sunrise; perched cross-legged with his portable radio playing lowly and a cigarette clamped between his lips. Daryl enjoyed it up here, he liked watching the final resilient stars hung proudly in the amber-blue sky fade away as the sun beckoned over the horizon. He has a sketchbook between his paws, everyday he drew the scene before him and everyday it was a little different, be it because of a few birds or a different cloud formation. He brought the pieces to life with watercolor and oil, it was as though you were right there beside him when you observed them.

extra ; Art [wip]
widøw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saltcow » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:11 pm

res!~
saltcow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lumilys » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:22 pm

name ;
    gender ;
    extra ( optional, 200 words or 1 piece of art ) ;

I'm pretty sure I'm dead right now and I probably have a nosebleed too, just saying.
lumilys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

re: *:・゚☆ space baby #16 [ vitiligo ] !

Postby angelshy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:33 pm

name ;
      asa
      "born in the morning"
      "a variety of simmered green tea from japan"
    gender ;
      male
      browse the local record store + paint a picture
      [ insert smthn amazink here ]
- ̗̀ xangel/shy | she/they | my kalons | my charactersx ̖́-
angelshy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillies » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:16 am

name ;
    gender ;

quick res
sillies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby seabunny. » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:43 pm

mark
seabunny.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumoonwolf » Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:56 am

name ; Dian
    gender ; male
    One among thousands.
    It's easy to feel small, in such a big world. That's why, every day, he wakes early.
    A single hour, stolen, before the sun even peaks over the horizon. And he walks the streets of the market place. Strolls and ducks between the tattered canvases. Holds his breath so his lungs aren't filled with the heavy red dust of his home. Inhale, exhale. He'll run his fingers over the dusty wares, forgotten until morning when people begin their errands. His path is erratic, like his breathing.
    This is the point in the day where he's so lost in his familiar trek that he forgets to stop his wandering mind.

This is clockwork to him. Why does he wake before sunrise? Because the feeling of fire, that starts to burn inside him as he sleeps. Because of the pathetic trembling he's reduced to when he wakes up. And the tears that creep down his face without reason. Or the tangled sheets and the desperate need to get away but not understanding why. It's that reason, painful as it is to admit it. If he could only pin a reason to his night terrors, then maybe he'd get peace... but reason escapes him.

So he walks the length of the city and back. Tracing and retracing steps. Pausing, to appreciate the beauty in the absence of life. In the hour before sunrise, he'll slink to his own market stall. It's huddled away, far from the main street, and constructed of colorful tarps. It's there he forgets the bad dreams or the fear of being too easily forgotten in a big universe. Because there, it doesn't matter. In the hour he lets himself selfishly enjoy, before the sun rises or the birds sing, he makes himself comfortable. Rearranging his wares that await for the busy rush of people soon to come. Does the mindless work of tending to his plants. Huming, even, as he greets the birds that like to pass by. And when the sun rises, he acknowledges the new day with a smile.

extra ( optional, 200 words or 1 piece of art ) ; wip, I'll finish it and gift it to the winner <3
Last edited by Blumoonwolf on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    I hope you have a lovely day/night <3
Blumoonwolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BoomARat » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Mark /res