Artist Discter [gallery]
Time spent 7 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

The City Lights Will Cease to Burn

Postby Discter » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:51 am

But by my hand I'll reignite them

yes I took that from one of my fav fics okay

also it took me a stupidly long time to figure out where the readopt layer was and how to remove it lol. But now I have a new vigilante eyesore yay

user: Discter
name: Vaivata - Trouble
write about a memorable christmas moment theyve had!: same goes for the writing , feel free to make it lengthy but stay on topic the best you can !

Vaivata trudged through the desolate streets, Christmas lights snaking around gray lamp poles, snowflakes falling to the ground, dyed red and green. It was a beautiful night, but it was also a dangerous one, a cry for help and some thuds coming from the alley in front of her. Christmas eve was supposed to be a peaceful and loving time, but not for this volatile city.

She wanked out her petite phone, and speed-dialed 911. Looks like tonight was gonna end in violence and police sirens. Lovely.

"Hey, I'm on Pearl street near a house with 1011 on the front door, I think someone is being assaulted in an alley in front of me. I hear screaming and something else, I'll see the police when they get here."

Clicking the end button, she ignored the operator saying wai- and charged into the alley.

One guy with a cheesy black face mask beating another for something. A dumpster near by, two big trash bags, and her knuckles decorated with metal and the mask-face guy with a fist in his face, her vision and mind a blur.

She snarled, took one of mask-face's arms, spun and swung him with force into the dumpster bin, before jumping on him.

She rained blow upon blow for a good couple seconds, adding bonus points for the crunch she heard, before being thrown off.

Look's like the poor guy being beat up had ran off to somewhere, dodging mask-face's poor punch, her fist into his stomach. Ding ding ding, another thousand points for our wrestling champion, Blue!

Uh oh, look's like her challenger is back on his feet, but now he's being pummeled in the ribs! Will he survive this!? Will he take home the grand prize of a random guy's wallet!?

Find out - wait nope, the police are here, the show is over kids.

But she didn't care, she needed to make sure this guy stayed down. Familiar blue and red along with a screaming car filled her ears and vision, but mask-face still needed a good beating.

The show must go on!

Punch, punch, punch, and our challenger is defeated! He is down for the count! 1, 2, 3, and we interrupt this program with a police officer!

She stood up and backed away from the officers who began to fill the alley, a familiar yellow mane and dark blue horns rushing to get her off her newest challenger. Look's like the referee is here.

"Vaivata, get off of him!"

She just glanced at Larik, and began to head for the other end of the alley.

"Get back here! You know I have to take you to the police station! Vaivata! Do not walk away from me!"

Oops. Caught red-handed.

She turned around, and met Larik's frowning and exasperated face.

"Will you ever learn to let us handle things?"

She just stared back at him, dead in the eyes.

After a tense minute, Larik just sighed, and rubbed his nose.

"You know what? Just get in the police car."

Well, guess it was time for a lovely stay in her neighborhood jail.

---

Vaivata stared out at the passing streets, avoiding Larik's gaze through the mirror.

Larik stared at her for a couple more seconds, before returning to the road with a sigh.

His voice was soft, and muted, different then his usual gruff, no-nonsense voice.

"This is the third time this month, Vaivata.
When will you learn that sometimes, someone might have a gun, and shoot you?
What are you gonna do then?
You already got clipped on the shoulder, what next?
The heart, the head, your stomach?
When will you let other people help you?"

Vaivata just said nothing, watching the other cop car behind them catch up.

She could feel Larik's gaze back on her, but din't udder a single word, or explanation.

She didn't feel like telling the world her secrets or reasoning, as they pulled into the police station.

---

Vaivata bounced her leg, sitting on the cot inside her holding cell. Another night, another fight, another sleepover with the cops.

Larik typed away at his computer, only a few feet away from the cell.

Another cop (must be new, Vaivata didn't recognize her), was applying first aid to the guy she rescued.

Another was asking him some questions and writing it down on a soft blue notepad.

Larik sighed after a minute, mentally preparing himself for the tirade of confusion Vaivata was going to throw at him soon.

Grabbing a notepad and a pen, he called out her name, putting his best poker face on, ready to ask her mandatory questions.

"Vaivata Rengo, were you the on the street cam, Christmas Eve, at ten p.m., engaging in vigilante circumstances, attempting to help Rex Orlan?"

"Are you sure I'm the vigilante who stepped in on those cameras?"

"Uhm yes I am, this is definitely you."

"It must be my twin brother."

"You don't have a twin brother, and your brother looks nothing like you!"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I'm bloody sure! The victim over here even says so!"

"I haven't seen this guy once in my entire life."

"YOU JUST SAVED HIM."

"I was just out strolling officer, I wasn't doing anything illegal at all."

We have. Your face. On camera. This is the third time with month. You've done this before."

"And how do you come to this?"

"We have records of you - you know what. Just - just go home. I'm done seeing your face, I just wanna go home."

Larik ignored the look of the new police officer, who was a mix of bewildered, confused, and terrified. The other one just had a is-this-what-my-life-has-come-to? look on his face.

Larik padded over to her jail cell, which she had walked over to the edge in order to argue better, and unlocked it, letting her out.

"Just go Vaivata. Hopefully, I never have to see you in this jail cell again, but knowing you, that probably won't happen. Merry early Christmas."

She nodded, collected her jacket and her wallet from the box Larik had on his desk, and walked out of the station to her apartment. Somebody else exited a few seconds later, who she had seen getting up while she was leaving. The guy she had saved.

---

"Miss! Miss, please wait! Miss!"

Who wanted her now? She was just a block away from the police station, and someone was running after her.

Whatever. She just wanted to sleep and stare at her ceiling fan, and kept walking.

They caught up with her, panting and wheezing, and she could see it was the guy she saved.

"Uh... Thanks for saving me... I didn't think anyone would help me."

"It's fine."

"My name is Jake. Is - is there any way I could repay you? We have another spot at the dinner table if you wan't to come over for Christmas dinner."

She had been walking fast, trying to ditch him and just go home, but she stopped and stared.

"Where do you live?"

"Uhm, just down the road where I was being mugged, in that apartment complex. You know, the one with the heron statue in front? Decorated in Christmas lights? I live below the first floor, apartment 6."

"I'll see you then."

She began walking again, leaving him behind. She didn't care to turn around and confirm a time stamp for dinner, or his confused face.

---

She trudged into her small apartment, kitchen and bedroom joined, a tiny bathroom to her left.

Kicking off her boots, she took off her coat and scarf, hanging it on the rack next to the door.

She plopped down on her futon, and turned to stare at the fan.

---

Vaivata blinked awake, having fallen asleep sometime during the day.

Rolling over, she clicked on the screen of her phone.

A new record! About twelve hours, she had missed breakfast and lunch, and presumably, some peoples dinners.

But she was promised food, and got dressed, walking down the stairs to her Christmas dinner.

---

'Knock knock, come feed me.'

"Just a minute!"

So he was at home. She prayed she wouldn't have to talk to his relatives or anything. It was late, so they probably would have gone home by now.

Jake opened up the door, and blinked at the sight of her.

"O-oh... Well, come right in! I didn't think you would come, since it's so late, I was starting to get a bit worried! I ate most of my dinner, and only really have some chicken in the fridge. Will that be okay? I know it's not really a fancy dinner."

She stepped in, his rambles buzzing around her ears, and sat down at the kitchen table, where he direct her to. Food was food, as far as Vaivata was concerned.

"Yeah, that's fine."

He bustled around the kitchen, cutting some of the chicken up, putting it in the microwave, and then getting her some utensils to eat with.

A napkin, a spork, was placed in front of her, and her main course.

"What would you like to drink? Water, soda, juice? I only have orange juice and diet coke though."

"Just some orange juice please."

She dug in, content to focus on her chicken, as Jake set her glass in front of her, and sat down.

"T-thanks again for saving me."

"No problem."

Jake fidgeted, and began to ramble about his family.

They had come by for lunch, three cousins, his dad, his sister, two nieces, and an uncle. He had gotten some socks, some toys for the nieces, and other presents for the his family. He was a painter, and had painted their favorite things. Fruit, sunset, trees, flowers.

By the end of her meal, he had gone through the Christmas day, and said goodbye to her as she walked out, replaying the night in her head.

The chicken wasn't so bad, even if it was microwaved and she ate it with a spork. In fact, you could even say it was delicious, considering she hadn't eaten the past four meals. Vaivata's phone ring, and as she pulled it up to see the caller was her brother, and she remembered something as he yelled over the phone. She forgot to wish that guy a Merry Christmas.

---------------------------------

Personality bits + other information on Vaivata:

- Not really good with emotions
- Has a hard time expressing herself
- Insomniac to the max
- Can be bribed with food
- Loves walking around the city
- Always getting into fights
- Knows most, if not all of the police in the city somehow to some degree
- Protective
- Usually avoids people due to awkwardness
- Enjoys binging tv shows at home
Relationship details with Roiland Hazeldine:

- Fascinated by the magic tricks
- Hard for her to ask for more magic tricks tho
- Will go to the arcade with him
- Will play pinball together (but looses every time)
- Protective of him
- Internally: Why are you the pretty one...
- Gives random gifts every once n a while to him (can't communicate thru words, so she does it with gifts)

i sold the devil my soul but he didn't know i never had one to begin with
Discter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me