.:♥:.Luxiat Valentines Adopt #5.:♥:. Winner! by Stårry

Based on Click to view
Artist Stårry [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

.:♥:.Luxiat Valentines Adopt #5.:♥:. Winner!

Postby Stårry » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:52 pm

What Are Luxiats? wrote:A Luxiat is an owl-like dragon, carrying features of both species. They're naturally compassionate creatures, ranging in size from around the size of a boxer to the size of a german shepherd. Partially domesticated, they're not always kept as pets, but it's not uncommon for them to find a happy home in the hands of skilled owners!

Owner: Ankita
      Name: Melody

Rarity; Event Super Rare (Angelic Set) (Halo's, elongated hind lends + ears,
      elegant wings, tail mane, elbow and ankle tufts)
      Roaming Trait (Stardust)

Ends; 2/21/18 @ 6PM EST
      Prettying up is allowed and encouraged <3

Code: Select all
      [b]Username;[/b]
      [b]Luxiat Name;[/b]
      [b]Gender;[/b]
      Impress-me!

Last edited by Stårry on Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to
fly away with me
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: .:♥:.Luxiat Valentines Adopt #5.:♥:.

Postby trans » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:18 pm

res
they/them, adult, pms are ok!
just here for pets, oekaki, and
closed species, occasionally. ♡
xxx'''my kalon storage
trans

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby limons » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:27 pm

[b]Username;limons
[b]Luxiat Name;Chiharu
[b]Gender;female
Impress-me!

(no complete)
limons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirit • daydream » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:08 am

Username; APH Siantia
Luxiat Name; Medad Hayes
Gender; Male
Impress-me!

Res
spirit • daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fudge » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:17 am

Username; Ankita
Luxiat Name; Melody
Gender; Female
SWEET CENTRAL BAKERY
sweetcentralbakery.PNG
sweetcentralbakery.PNG (110.43 KiB) Viewed 185 times

Personality:
Melody is a kind hearted soul, but she has lots of quirks. She is very anxious, and she usually cannot go to a public place without freaking out.
She can never make new friends because of this, and she has had quite a few panic attacks when being out at social events. If she goes, she makes sure to avoid most people and only go with a few friends she's known for awhile.
If she is a bit social, it's at her bakery. She doesn't mind a small chat; eg; how is your day? But she hates when she has a long chat with someone.

Likes and Dislikes
• Hot chocolate
• Baking
• Red pandas
• Pandas
• Fluffy things
• Valentine's Day, spread the love!
• Christmas, spread the joy!
• SWEET STUFFFFF
Dislikes:
• Alligators
• Feeling like the walls are closing in
• People scaring her
• Having people mess up her bakery
• Messes in general
• Social interaction

Melody works as a baker, in her small town. She sometimes can't help herself to one or two sweet treats while baking!
She mainly bakes cakes, cookies, muffins, and brownies. Her favorite thing to make is heart shaped cookies, mainly during Valentine's day. She closes her bakery in January, to have sometime to herself and focus on other things.

Her bakery:
She has a bakery in a small town, and she is the only baker there, so her bakery gets most attention around town. It is most popular in the month of February, because that's when she bakes her sweetest treats. But one day.. that changes.

New Bakery around Town
Melody opened her eyes. "Time for another day at the bakery! And today's my most favorite day... Valentine's Day!" She got dressed and went out the door to her bakery.
"Something seems different in here..." she pointed out to herself. Then she noticed the chairs and tables were more dirty than ever. Sigh. At least I have an hour to get this all ready... Melody had went early on purpose, so she could get everything ready for the Valentine's sales. She had all the heart decorations and different things to put up.
She scrubbed the tables and chairs until they were squeaky clean. Now time for the items..
She carefully put all of her decorations up, and put some Valentine balloons near the window. That's when she looked out the window and noticed a new bakery. It was having it's grand opening today.
She was scared. She always had put her pride and joy into her bakery, and now, with this new bakery, what if the Sweet Central Bakery closes?
In her mind she was going crazy, but she realized she was just going to waste her time if she kept freaking out. But she had so many questions. What would happen to her bakery? What would happen if it shut down? Who's this person running the other bakery? What if they were the one who made the chairs and tables dirty? SNAP OUT OF IT!
She finally got out of her mind, and back into reality. She was still scared for her bakery. She felt like she knew who it was who was behind the tables and chairs getting that dirty. It was probably the new bakery across town.
She had to make her bakery stand out more than the other. But how? She already had decorations and display cases for the muffins and cookies and other treats. It looked like a fine bakery already. She decided to put on a cloak and go peek in the other bakery.
She went across the street and peeked in the bakery, and saw how good it looked. The cookies, muffins, bread, brownies, rolls, basically everything looked so mouth drooling. That was a problem.
Then, the door cracked open. "Welcome to Sweet Cinnamon Bakery! Come on in!" the other nudged her in. She looked at them, and closely. She noticed something about them. She recognized them. In her middle school years, that person was the finest baker in the whole school. Use to hold bake sales in her back yard. Melody use to come each and every time she held the bake sale, and use to buy her chocolate chip muffins.
She took her cloak off. "You look... familiar.." they said. "You're the Luxiat who owns the bakery across the street? I remember you from the middle school years!"

"I think we should be friends, and help each other out. I don't mean to steal your bakery's fame or something.." she admitted. "And plus, I only plan on having this bakery open for 6 months each year. No way could I keep up for 12 months."
Melody felt relief in herself. But she seemed to trust this person, like she didn't trust the others. "I'll come back in a few days!" Melody said. "I want to see how good your sales are!" she laughed. They both laughed until Melody walked out of the new bakery.
Nix the Viscet!

Nix and the Sweet Cinnamon Bakery
Even though Nix was a good baker, she was still having some problems with her bakery. It had been a few days after opening day, but barely any sales came from opening day. She was also having problems with her oven and trying to bake.
Melody walked in the store. "So, how are things going?" she smiled. "Not good. I barely had any sales on opening day." Nix sighed. "I had quite a lot of sales on Valentine's." Melody said.
"I don't know if I can stay here." Nix said. "Why??" Melody asked. She was sad. Now one of her friends would be moving as well. "I don't know if I can pay the bills with the poor sales." Nix explained. "If I don't get enough from the sales, I won't be able to buy all the ingredients and pay the electricity bills."
"Why can't you stay a few weeks? It's only been a few days since the opening." Melody said. Nix sighed again. "I don't have that much money to run a bakery that's not making many sales."
Melody was disappointed. Her new friend was already going to be leaving. But she could she why Nix needed to leave. The town was mainly going to be interested in one bakery; the one they know that's good.
"I'm just going to wait." Nix said. "I might have enough to stay for another month, but if it doesn't work out, I'll move to New Pawston."

The Next Month
Nix smiled. Her sales had been better, and more money to fund the bakery too. Melody was also happy, as she was not losing any money to fund her bakery. Nix had taught her a few new recipes, which customers seemed to tear up within an hour.
Melody opened the doors to the Sweet Cinnamon bakery. "Hi!" Nix greeted her. "Are you staying?" Melody crossed her fingers. "I'm staying!" Nix smiled.
"Yay!" Melody felt like having a celebration.
tryout art.PNG
tryout art.PNG (148.91 KiB) Viewed 185 times

Last edited by Fudge on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Last edited by Fudge on Mon May 6, 2024 6:44 pm, edited 9000 times in total.
melody | she/her | INTP | ♡
~Keep calm and carry on~
sig credit!

Image Image Image
Fudge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sockwearer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:48 pm

Username; potioncat
Luxiat Name; Dove
Gender; Female
Impress-me!

a poem
*violent 'ahem'*

little dove, spread your wings
more beautiful than the most fruitful springs
i see the look in your eye
as you soar into the sky
believe in yourself, little dove
and you can show your love

thank you
*violent 'ahem's which have honestly just turned into coughing*
hi!! i'm jesse and i go by he/him pronouns! i love overwatch, marine biology, paleontology, drawing, writing, listening to music and playing video games so i guess pm me if you wanna talk about those things? i have anxiety so i can be awkward in pms but don't let that deter you!
my art shop! / my offsite commissions!
sockwearer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Light Bringer » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:24 am

Username; Light Bringer
Luxiat Name; Balthazar
Gender; Male

"Which way leads to heaven,
If only I knew the way.
I asked God for direction,
Each time I stop to pray.

I want to pay a visit,
To an angel who I miss,
To hold him in my arms,
And say I love you, with a kiss.

I never got to tell him,
On that fateful day.
How much I really loved him,
Before God took him away.

But there's been no communication,
Between God and me.
Maybe there's no heaven,
It's just a fantasy.

Then suddenly it dawned on me,
Why there's no answer when I pray.
For heaven is a special place,
Where only angels know the way.

Yes heaven's only for angels,
A place no one can see.
But I know one day I'll get there,
Because an angel waits for me."

~John Read (Edited a little by me)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
LIGHTS OFF
xxxxxxxx

Light Bringer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stårry » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:47 am

Ends in 2 days!

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to
fly away with me
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mima » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:01 am

Username; Mima
    Luxiat Name; Kikuri
    Gender; Female

none took reading quite as seriously as she did.

for when she was all alone through the winter months, she had collected hundreds, perhaps a thousand storybooks. the walls of her home were lined more with paper tomes than wallpaper. she was like a squirrel storing away food, but instead she was storing away knowledge.

there was something magical about reading these books that entranced her. it seemed like she could read them over and over again without ever getting tired of it- lingering for minutes at a time over just one word. she was impressed that so much meaning could be compacted into such tiny strings of language.

it was like a spell. with just a few words, she didn't need to worry about the outside anymore.

it's a dream that's not like a dream-

intp 5w6 | roleplays | any pronouns
dragon game | neopets | toyhou.se
Mima

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fudge » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:11 am

dropping a small early good luck before I forget XD
Last edited by Fudge on Mon May 6, 2024 6:44 pm, edited 9000 times in total.
melody | she/her | INTP | ♡
~Keep calm and carry on~
sig credit!

Image Image Image
Fudge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me