Artist 76heart [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Misty Firefly Pillowtail - Adopted

Postby 76heart » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:38 am

owned by Gadgetrocks
What is a Pillowtail?
A Pillowtail is a Puma like creature with horns and an EXTREMELY fluffy tail, They are passionate creatures and very loving. If you don't love them they'll make you love them!! They also can go in freezng weather and are very nice too all animals, they even gain enough love and respect for a certain animal or creature they could befriend them as a pet or yet if their bond is so strong they can communicate with each other and they come in many shapes, colors and sizes! so keep and eye out for these lovable fluff balls as they are now released into our world to spread happiness and love!
With slow and delicate steps, careful to avoid the soft jade colored moss, they made there way through a path in a murky forest. They could no longer see the sun above their head, or feel a breeze to guide their paws; all they could see was a low hanging fog and a darkness that stretched up as high as the trees would grow, not a single space in between their densely packed leaves to allow the light to pass through. The only light came from the moss, and oddly enough, the fog. There was a wetness beneath their paws that they were sure didn't belong as well, and that began to cause the fur on the back of their neck to begin to stand on end. How was it possible that it had rained when there were no gaps for the droplets to get through? Something was not right with this forest, something was definitely not right, and there was certainly something ominous about. Slowly, they began to turn around with caution, planning to head back the way they came to leave the forest that made their fur stand straighter than the straightest of trees, but when they looked back at the path they had come from, all they could see was a blackness that stretched the entire way, and the fog beginning to creep before it. A shiver ran down their spine, and they returned to going forward as there was no way they were going back through that darkness, it was too wrong, too unnatural. If they had a tail, it would have given a flick as they stepped forward again. The bark of the long winding tree roots was smooth against the pads of their paws, although a bit painful when they placed their paw upon a piece that particularly stuck out from the rest.

It was hard to see amidst the gloom as they continued on, pressing forward into the seemingly never-ending fog with an eerie glow. Their breaths came in quiet exhales as they had to leap over a protruding log, fearing that they would awake some nightmarish beast if they were to make a sound. Their paws touched into a pool when they landed back on the ground, and they felt another shiver rack their spine as they looked down. The pool contained water as black as the shadows that loomed all around them, and when they raised their paws, the water dripped slowly from them, as if it were some kind of oozing goo. They gave their paw a shake, but it would not come off. They tried again, thinking they had simply not shaken it hard enough, but when the ooze rained stuck to their fur, still slowly dripping back into the small shallow pool, they relented with a great deal of reluctance and let their paw fall back into the pool with a splash that was far too silent. With a breath, they looked back up, only to be met with a tiny glowing creature right before their eyes, it's tiny wings flapping faster than they were able to see to keep it's tiny orb of a body in the air.

ahhhh my first pillowtail of February! I hope you all like it! the markings on the fur were supposed to look more like bark, but instead they turned out as something that looks more like scales so whoops at least I know I could maybe draw a dragon now?
but anyway, to what you all probably came here for, to enter for this one, write me a little story about the pillowtail and the little firefly. does the firefly lead them out of the forest, guide them with it's luminous light out of the looming shadows, and then leave or stay? or does it trick them and lead it deeper into the darkness, into shadow and never-ending black, or do something else entirely?

thank you to the lovely stormserpent for the inspiration <3
timer is off but I don't know by how much ahhhh

edits
common: pupil edit
uncommon: sclera edit
rare: short tail, glowing (eyes and left front paw)

if you win this, and would like to be added or see the hex codes, please tell me
pretty up and add all the extras you like!
ends february 16th
Code: Select all
[size=85][center][b]username:[/b]
[b]pillowtail's name:[/b]
[b]gender:[/b]
[b]personality:[/b]
[b]story:[/b]
[/center][/size]
Last edited by 76heart on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Misty Firefly Pillowtaill - OPEN

Postby dragonstars » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:14 am

username:Dragonstars
pillowtail's name:Zelda
personality:
story:

res
res
res
res
res
this reminds me of zelda so im calling him zelda qwp
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cornspurrd. » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:43 am

username: Harlow
pillowtail's name: Flora?? I don't know yet.
personality: Tbd
story: Tbd
Last edited by cornspurrd. on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smile and wave...
cornspurrd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emporio! » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:39 am

username:
pillowtail's name:
story:
RES OMG HE'S GORGEOUS
about • he/him
emporio!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Thedogpals » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:43 pm

Res!
very busy
(please do not enquire about my characters! i love em dearly!)
Thedogpals

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby izxy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:45 am

username:
Unfunny
pillowtail's name:
Bugsy
personality:
Bugsy is smart but also very sociable, hes never afraid to start conversations or make new friends! No bad vibes unless you touch his hair... Just don't do it
story:
Bugsy grew up in the united kingdom in a forest where other pillowtails lived together in harmony. He loved to read but was half blind in one eye so it was an every day struggle for him. His father said that his glowing fur was a gift from god as it helped him see at night when his eyes where playing up and it really became a big part of his life.
Song:
fireflies - owl city

Last edited by izxy on Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
izxy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lucky_Gray » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:02 am

username: Lucky_Gray
pillowtail's name: Eden
personality:
Eden is a peaceful kid, preferring to listening to music and tend to his small garden then hang out with others. He has very few friends, but they all are very close to him. He's clever, and able to notice things a lot easier than most, but if someone says that his friends are evil in any way, then he will deny it unless they show hard proof. Eden is awkward, but he tries his best to socialize. He's very sensitive, and he hates that about himself.
story:

Eden was born in a loving, normal family. He has an older sister and a younger brother, though he doesn't have a good relationship with his brother. Eden's life is mostly easy-going, rarely do bad things ever happen to him. His first bad moment was when his grandmother died. He was really close to her, so when she died it was hard for him. He relied on his friends for comfort, which is why he is so trusting to them, and he often visits them, telling them about recent happenings. There are a few other bad moments, but they aren't important. He lives in Mongolia, in a small forest.
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

If you want to trade for any of my pets in locked groups, please message me and we can work something out

[Temporary Close]
Lucky_Gray

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:00 pm

username:Gadgetrocks
pillowtail's name: WillowSprite (Real name: Mari)
personality: Shy, mysterious, dangerous. (Old personality: Scared, kind, shy,)
story:"Momma, I'm scared" The small Pillowtail peeped.
"It'll be ok." Her mother reassured her.
"Mommy? Where are you?" She ran tearing through the night, tears streaming down her face for her mom, infill she stumbled into the cave, unchanged my the mushrooms glowing light, she dove deeper, years passing in steps, time distorting, intill Darkness, dark,
pitch darkness...

Modern day... "Beware the Willow Sprite, her glowing eyes will haunt you, her enchanted tears, all because of a lost mommy dear"
The Willow Sprite is a local legend, hiding in caves she'll attack anyone to find her mom, immortal, if you get close to her she's actually just a lost child, forever trapped in the body of a immortal ghost.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Misty Firefly Pillowtail - Adopted

Postby 76heart » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:07 am

i put an extra l in the title and didn't even notice god am i unobservant
ahhhhhhh okayyyyy, i am once again a couple days late and i am so sorry, but, so you all don't wait any longer, lets get on with it!
first, thank you all so much to anyone who entered. I'm really proud of this one, and I'm so glad that people took interest in it and seem to like this more realistic style, which is usually my go to style outside of this, so you guys can expect to see more adopts in this kind of style for me soon!
anyway, without further-ado, congratulations Gadgetrocks, Mari is yours! I really love the little story you told, and it seemed to fit this one's design perfectly, and I love how she's still a child inside, it's a little detail that can really make a story so much better that most don't even think to add colored dialogue text to YES
we're not done yet though, everyone with a completed form gets 3 HMs! that's two away from redeeming for a custom!
@UnFunny I love how you prettied up the form! I like the little story you wrote too, and how if you had won this, Bugsy would have been blind in one eye! I for some reason have a soft spot for adopts with that, or characters that are blind in general. the glowing fur is also a good way to help the pillowtail see better
@Lucky_Gray all in all, I really like it! the name eden holds a special place in my heart too, and I like how he would have had a little garden, and I love his loyalty to his friends. the story also reminds me a little of someone extremely special to me too regarding the grandmother's death, so thank you for that as well.
Gadgetrocks wrote:
"Mommy? Where are you?" She ran tearing through the night, tears streaming down her face for her mom, infill she stumbled into the cave, unchanged my the mushrooms glowing light, she dove deeper, years passing in steps, time distorting, intill Darkness, dark,
pitch darkness...

Modern day... "Beware the Willow Sprite, her glowing eyes will haunt you, her enchanted tears, all because of a lost mommy dear"
The Willow Sprite is a local legend, hiding in caves she'll attack anyone to find her mom, immortal, if you get close to her she's actually just a lost child, forever trapped in the body of a immortal ghost.

edit; HMs have been approved
76heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Misty Firefly Pillowtail - Adopted

Postby Gadgetrocks » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:46 pm

76heart wrote:
i put an extra l in the title and didn't even notice god am i unobservant
ahhhhhhh okayyyyy, i am once again a couple days late and i am so sorry, but, so you all don't wait any longer, lets get on with it!
first, thank you all so much to anyone who entered. I'm really proud of this one, and I'm so glad that people took interest in it and seem to like this more realistic style, which is usually my go to style outside of this, so you guys can expect to see more adopts in this kind of style for me soon!
anyway, without further-ado, congratulations Gadgetrocks, Mari is yours! I really love the little story you told, and it seemed to fit this one's design perfectly, and I love how she's still a child inside, it's a little detail that can really make a story so much better that most don't even think to add colored dialogue text to YES
we're not done yet though, everyone with a completed form gets 3 HMs! that's two away from redeeming for a custom!
@UnFunny I love how you prettied up the form! I like the little story you wrote too, and how if you had won this, Bugsy would have been blind in one eye! I for some reason have a soft spot for adopts with that, or characters that are blind in general. the glowing fur is also a good way to help the pillowtail see better
@Lucky_Gray all in all, I really like it! the name eden holds a special place in my heart too, and I like how he would have had a little garden, and I love his loyalty to his friends. the story also reminds me a little of someone extremely special to me too regarding the grandmother's death, so thank you for that as well.
Gadgetrocks wrote:
pitch darkness...

edit; HMs have been approved

Thank you! I love how spooky and mythical this one is :)
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘