Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

i wish i was homeward bound- by crucifying.

Artist crucifying. [gallery]
Time spent 2 hours, 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

i wish i was homeward bound-

Postby crucifying. » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:38 pm

feeling a tad homesick, pennsylvania is very very lovely and lately i've been missing it there
im not too happy about how everything looks blurry, but i felt like if i didnt keep the sketch layer it'd look bare

timer is a bit off as i was watching skin wars and needed more than a few breaks throughout this
i may do more like this,, but i'm just bleh
i feel like it looks awful
crucifying.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

i wish i was homeward bound-

Postby crucifying. » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:47 pm

bump ^^
crucifying.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: i wish i was homeward bound-

Postby ~Tornado~ » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:33 am

Wow great work!
Birds, Reptiles, and The Elder Scrolls, and my drawing tablet, basically are all I need in life.

Hi I'm Tornado, I like animals, drawing, and The Elder Scrolls. Ive been on this site for years and am pretty friendly so im always up to chat!

Selina ref guide
Best thing since sliced cheese.
Don't do Skooma kids
Kids these days
Angel on earth
Note: Finish Cp's request At with PD

~Tornado~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crucifying. » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:34 am

~Tornado~ wrote:Wow great work!

thank you so much! <3
crucifying.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Oh man I wish this was my neighborhood! It didn't snow for us this year, hardly ever does :T

Perspective is so so hard...Oooohh so hard...but you did a MARVELOUS job here! Really! I love how the details in the front are stronger than the back, it helps the eye move from the beginning to the end of the road. Very good artistic tricks you got going on here~ The colors all go well together, usually with such heavy line work the colors get muddy and lost, but you managed to keep them crisp regardless! You should be very proud of this, and keep doing perspectives! Hardly anybody truly masters perspective aha~

And yessss Skin Wars! I binge watched that awhile ago, very neat series~
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crucifying. » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:03 pm

Skiv wrote:Oh man I wish this was my neighborhood! It didn't snow for us this year, hardly ever does :T

Perspective is so so hard...Oooohh so hard...but you did a MARVELOUS job here! Really! I love how the details in the front are stronger than the back, it helps the eye move from the beginning to the end of the road. Very good artistic tricks you got going on here~ The colors all go well together, usually with such heavy line work the colors get muddy and lost, but you managed to keep them crisp regardless! You should be very proud of this, and keep doing perspectives! Hardly anybody truly masters perspective aha~

And yessss Skin Wars! I binge watched that awhile ago, very neat series~

ahh this means a lot! honestly, thank you so much! perspective is awful, it's something i've struggled with for a while, but i've learned that using mild refs really helps! i really appreciate this <3
crucifying.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Skiv » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:07 pm

nygma. wrote:
ahh this means a lot! honestly, thank you so much! perspective is awful, it's something i've struggled with for a while, but i've learned that using mild refs really helps! i really appreciate this <3

A great thing for practice is just drawing a toooon of cubes, at all sorts of angles. I don't know if you've been taught perspective in a class or something, but from this drawing I'm guessing you have??? Because it follows a lot of key points to doing perspective!
I spent 5 weeks in one art class JUST learning perspective...and I still suck xD
But I feel motivated to practice more after seeing this sketch~
You're very welcome, keep it up~
Skiv

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crucifying. » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:11 pm

Skiv wrote:
nygma. wrote:

A great thing for practice is just drawing a toooon of cubes, at all sorts of angles. I don't know if you've been taught perspective in a class or something, but from this drawing I'm guessing you have??? Because it follows a lot of key points to doing perspective!
I spent 5 weeks in one art class JUST learning perspective...and I still suck xD
But I feel motivated to practice more after seeing this sketch~
You're very welcome, keep it up~

yup! that's how i started this drawing, just a bunch of boxes and cubes and lines. it's a bit confusing honestly, and it's hard to understand at times! but, i definitely think that it helps to draw a rough outline first on a separate layer. i learned perspective in 5th grade, i think? it was a really long time ago, i know that for sure
crucifying.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me