Drawing sessions 1
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Viscet #2228 - Karasu/When I was King

Postby SilverSamurai » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:47 am

Username: universal song

Name: King Caspian

aaaAAAAAAA The theme is music and I'm?? so excited gonna do a few of these\

This 'Cet is based on two songs from one of my favorite bands, One Ok Rock; Karasu and When I Was King

A note; the cloak/poof are not actually wings, same as the antlers- they are attached to the crown.

Mutations;;
None! :0

This will be an unlimited impress me, but with a few requirements;
    - Pick one of the songs and loosely follow the theme (Are/were they a king? An outcast? A dreamer? exc.)
      - Can be a mix of both as well!
      - Themes of the songs are open to interpretation; everyone has a different take on things, and that's fine!
    - Minimum of 500 words
    - No maximum words/art limit
    - Prettying up is allowed and encouraged
    - No off-site forms!
      - Off thread forms are fine as long as they are very clearly linked!
    - Quality over quantity!

This contest will end in 3 weeks, on February 4th at 5pm EST

Have fun and good luck! <3

Base Form wrote:
Code: Select all
Username;;
Name;;
Gender;; (Biological required)
Theme;; theme taken/song taken from (karasu/when I was king/both)
Go crazy!
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2228 - Karasu/When I was King

Postby dragonstars » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:56 am

Username;;
Name;;
Theme;; theme taken/song taken from
Go crazy!
Please click these! Thank you! ^w ^

dragonstars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby justamindset » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:57 am

Username;; DragonOfEmber
Name;;
Theme;; theme taken/song taken from
Go crazy!

[♡] ember / / [♡] justamindset
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

[][][][][][][][][][]

information and links

kals // toyhouse // comms: open

𓆩*𓆪 and i know where to look 𓆩*𓆪

in permanent need of coffee

justamindset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:52 am

wowow

r a v e n k i n g / q u e e n

= gimme ;P
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prince Audric » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:27 am

OMG this ends on latterly my birthday I need to enter this!!!

Buuuut.... I sadly don't like the songs so I cant even Liston to em long enough for this... oh well..
Quote from Assassins Creed
Prince Audric

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby universal song » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:01 pm

Username: universal song

Theme: I Was King - lost kingdom

"When am I gonna start living?"

In the kingdom of Verity, a child is born. One destined to rule, one who was claimed to change the world. But words and fate are two different paths that don't meet.

"Whatever." That was the last thing sixteen-year-old Caspian said to his father before he stormed out the door. He was steamed after their heated argument. It wasn't his fault he'd "forgot" to mention he'd be out all night, partying with his friends. How was he supposed to know he was expected in his fathers study, training for when he became king? Obviously he wouldn't be crowned for at least four years. His father wouldn't be stepping down for awhile. You only live once, right?
    Caspian slipped through the silent streets under the flickering lights. It was unusually quiet. After all, Verity was always bustling with life, whether it be crime or late night celebrations. Though, still to angry to worry about it, he moved on, going to the outskirts. It took him awhile, causing he was taking his time, avoiding main streets just incase his father sent guards looking for him. Finally he was seated in a tree, watching the darkening sky, at peace.
    That was when he heard it.
    Shouting. Loud screams. The clash of metal on metal and loud bangs.
    Without even thinking, he was on the ground, sprinting back through the city, following the noise.
    It led straight to the palace.
    By the time he got there, the chaos was in full swing. Cloaked strangers clashed with the swirling gold of the kingdoms colours. Yet... something was missing. Then it clicked. Two crowns were not among them. Adrenaline pumping, he wove through the throng of fighters, taking off up the steps and bursting through the already open doors of his home. "Mom!?" He yelled, voice echoing through the vast space. His mother had already fallen ill, she was his first concern. Surely his father had been able to defend himself. He unsheathed the sword he had strapped around his waist earlier, slowly climbing the spiralling staircase that led upstairs.
    What he saw at the top still haunts his nightmares.

Clang. He hadn't realized his sword had slipped from his paws. All he could do was stare in open-mouthed horror at the lifeless figure he recognized as his mom. Her eyes were closed, and she would have looked almost peaceful if it wasn't for the wounds zigzagging down her body. He gently brushed fur out of her eyes, feeling the warmth leave her body. "Intra caelo mi meam." ("Enter heaven dear soul.") The soft words settled on her now-deaf ears. Caspian almost broke down right then and there but instead he pulled himself together, grabbed his sword, and stepped past his mother. He could save his father.
    Hurrying down the hallway, he peeked through the open door of his fathers bedroom, light spilling out into the darkness. Inside his father and a masked stranger faced off. Swords clashed and teeth were bared, but he knew the king was loosing energy. He hadn't been in a fight for quite awhile. Growling, he stepped into the room, drawing the attention away from his tiring dad. "Venite mecum ut." ("Come get me.") He snapped, ignoring his fathers warning glare. "Scared?" He taunted, switching languages when they did not answer, just stared at him with emotionless eyes. That was when they pounced, landing on top of him with immense strength. Together they tumbled to the floor, blades pushed up against each other. Gritting his teeth, Caspian pushed himself off the floor, striking to the side. That was when he saw a shadow move in the corner of his eye.
    It crept behind his still worn father, revealing a silver blade. "Dad!" He screamed, but it was too late. His father collapsed, a sharp cry echoed into the sky, and just as quickly as they came, they were gone. The sounds of battle outside ceased and left him in silence. Sheathing his sword, he ran over to his dad, desperate, but there was nothing he could do. His eyes where pitch black, his mouth hung open, as if trying to speak. "Intra caelo mi meam." ("Enter heaven dear soul.") He repeated the words he had said to his mother only minutes ago. Then he straightened, dusted himself off, and climbed down the steps out to the courtyard, where thousands waited at the bottom of the steps, waiting for guidance.

The mutters abruptly stopped when he halted at the top of the stairs, chin held high like he saw his father do so many times. "Rex est." ("The king is dead.") He voice rung out, causing shocked gasps to echo through the crowd. "The king is dead, but we still stand. The queen has passed, but we are living. This will not happen again." He switched from Latin to English with ease. "We will not wait for them to strike again. Verity will stand strong. The kings death won't go in vain!" Cheers erupted in the crowd, quickly silenced with a flick of his tail. It was clear they already saw him as their leader, crown or not. "Arcum capitibus nostris, debemus prius." ("We must bow our heads first") As one, they all dropped their heads and Caspian's soles voice hung over them like a storm cloud. "Spiritibus, amissa hac nocte mentes dirige in caelum. Et quia glorificavit te. Intra caelo mi animarum." ("Spirits, guide the souls lost tonight to heaven. They have honored you. Enter heaven dear souls.") The words were murmured back to them and he raised his head and howled. A dismissal. The crowd headed home, murmuring about the crowning and him and how they felt bad his parents were dead. He ignored them all and didn't cry until he was behind closed doors. "Et erunt vindictam ego retribuam." ("Vengeance will be mine.") "Vengeance will be mine father. I can promise that."

"When am I gonna move on?"

"All hail King Caspian." The crowd, his subjects, echoed. He found himself searching for his father within the crowd, even though he knew what he would find. His father was supposed to be beside him, many years down the road, smiling up at him. Even through their disagreements he had always loved him. "Alright. Back to business." He called, and the crowd silenced. The crown that sat atop his head had a lot of power, he realized, even if it was a little boring. Maybe he could attach something cool to them like antlers. That'd be neat. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he continued, "The training program is now mandatory to all those who do not already have a job above the age of eighteen." He didn't mention the fact that he was younger than that, but he knew everyone was thinking it, "Verity will not fall. Jobs will be granted to all. We need to come together. An attack will not happen again." Cheers erupted and he dismissed them, turning away and disappearing from sight. He had to move on from his parents death, but it was hard. While he wasn't in the mood to be around others, he had to. For his mother. For his father.

"If I go down, I will go down fighting."

"Your Majesty, they're at the gates of Verity." A messenger said, gasping at the foot of his throne. "What?" "Attackers. Masked strangers. Their breaking down our defences." A growl rumbled in Caspian's chest. "Secure the area. All children and elders go underground. The rest fight." With that, they scurried off to spread the word. He secured his sword, the same one from four years ago, around his waist, tightening the clasp of his feather cloak over his armour. His crown, updated to have feathers and antlers, sat atop his head as he hurried out the door, guards on his heels. "Hold them back!" He shouted, but it was to late. Masked strangers, just like the ones from four years ago, stormed in, clashing with Verity's subjects. He jumped in to the throng.
    It seemed like hours of fighting but could have only been a matter of minutes when a stranger faced off with him. The fighting around them stilled. This was their leader, the one who faced off with him years ago. This was the deciding fight. Winner took all.
    They pounced, but Caspian was ready. He dodged to the side, twisted around and clamping his jaws on their ankle. Growling, they twisted around, malice glittering in their eyes, and raked their claws down his side. Pain shot up his side, but he held on as they thrashed under his grip. Finally they twisted free and, in a blink, were on him sending him crashing to the ground. His eyes watered as he fumbled for the handle of his sword. But he didn't reach it before a crack sounded, followed by pain shooting up his leg. And again. And again. Finally twisting free, he kicked up with the last of his strength before collapsing to the ground. He was done, and they knew it. His crown lay in the dust, where they picked it up and placed it on their head. "Do not fear, my subjects." They cooed. "He was much to young and was not fit to rule." Heaving himself to his feet, Caspian looked around. His loyal subjects, the ones he fought for, were agreeing with them. "Hand over the cloak, Caspian." His injured leg shuddered with the effort of keeping him upright as he unclasped the cloak. If they didn't respect him, they could follow this lier. "Now your armour." He took it off as well, dropping it to the ground, along with his sword. He'd tried. "Nos paenitet patris." ("Sorry father.") "Now, you know what you have to do." Sighing, he sunk to his knees. Such a mighty king he was. "Rex tibi coronam transit, provocatorem forti. Sit tibi guide spirituum et dominandi. Parcant mihi, maiestatem tuam." ("The king passes the crown to you, mighty challenger. May the spirits guide you and your ruling. Spare me, your majesty.") With that, he bowed his head as cheers, from the masked strangers and Verity, erupted. "New king! All hail the new king!" Suddenly the shouts died down, no doubt from the new king. "I spare Prince-" They shot his new title at him like a slap in the face. "-Caspian." He looked up. "With all do respect, your majesty, the laws of challenge state that my family is now stripped of their title. I am no longer royalty, including anyone in my family, if I had anyone." He added the last part under his breath. Thats when they removed their mask and smiled. "Good thing we're family then, hm?" Their stood his brother, the person he thought dead. The person who abandoned him in the forest long ago. The only person he'd ever truly hated. "You. You should be dead." He hissed, and his brothers grin grew. "Trust me, I'm very much alive. You were just a pawn in my plan, little brother. I'll give you credit for your ruling, though." His brother raised his voice. "The true heir has claimed his throne. Prince Caspian will be treated for his injuries and put into a cell until further notice." Guards seized his arms just as he slipped in and out of consciousness. "You have.. a lot of explaining to do..." He whispered as he blacked out under the pitying and hateful stares of his former subjects.

"I'll go down, down like lightning."

Young Caspian followed his brother into the forest, watching the fireflies dance in the shadows. "How come you only visit me?" He whined, hurrying after his brother. "After tonight you'll be able to stay with me forever." "Promise?" His brother looked back, grinning. "Promise. Now come on." Smiling, Caspian followed him into a clearing. "Wait here." And he was gone. But he waited. And waited. And waited. He waited a whole day till the guards found him, passed out from the heat, waiting for his brother to come and save him. That was the last time he'd saw him. His parents had been his only company, until his brother killed them... And then he woke up.

"When am I gonna stop this dreaming?"

Groaning, Caspian blinked, adjusting to the darkness. He recognized these cells. Been down here a thousand times, putting criminals inside them. Yet he'd never been in one himself. When he tried to stand, he realized his one leg was chained to the floor, while the other had a cast and a makeshift splint. It was clear his brother still cared about him enough to keep him alive but not enough to take care of his leg properly. Why would he? He was the one who broke it. And knowing a fair bit about medicine, his leg would never properly heal, and he'd have a permanent limp. Not very noticeable, but it'd still cause him problems in the future.

He'd been down here a thousand times.... But never a victim.

"You're awake." A voice, one he recognized as his brother, said from the shadows. "Oh yea, totally. Awake after you almost killed me, no biggie." He snapped back, sarcasm lathering his tone. By now his patience was running thin as his leg throbbed and his temper was at an all-time high. A harsh chuckle sounded from the corner, yet even as he squinted, he could only make out a shadow and the glint of a blade. An intimidation tactic. Rather clever too, if he was someone else. "You've changed a lot, little brother. Your not that scared little weakling who followed me into the forest." Sighing, Caspian scraped his claws against the rough stone, mind elsewhere. He didn't have time for this. Besides, he was too busy puzzling over why everyone immediately accepted his brother. Had they known all along? Had they really hated him that much? "I left you in the forest for a good reason, you know." More talking. Seriously? "It toughened you up, didn't it? Just like killing dear old mom and dad toughened you up to." That got his attention. "What do you want? I'd rather be in exile than be stuck here with you." "I know, little brother. Thats exactly why I'm keeping you here. You're a good fighter. You'll be my wing man. Become a general, maybe, I'll arrange a marriage for you with a nice rich female." Shaking his head, he had to sit down because his leg had given way. "And what will you gain?" "Power. Besides-" His brother stepped into his view, and his face softened slightly. "-It'd be nice to see what my brother has grown into." Caspian knew he shouldn't. But did he really have a choice? Maybe he could be happy. "Fine. But I'm not a prisoner." "Deal." Then the chain was gone, he was back in his old room. Except now he was a prince, and the lack of respect was obvious, other than from the soldiers and guards he commanded. The desperation and pain that would follow him down this path was not known, not yet. Caspian would never truly attain a sense of home.

arts mine
Last edited by universal song on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:09 am, edited 19 times in total.
universal song

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fudge » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:18 am

Mark
Username;;
Name;;
Theme;; theme taken/song taken from (karasu/when I was king/both)
Go crazy!
Last edited by Fudge on Mon May 6, 2024 6:44 pm, edited 9000 times in total.
melody | she/her | INTP | ♡
~Keep calm and carry on~
sig credit!

Image Image Image
Fudge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverSamurai » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:35 am

4 day warning

I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SilverSamurai » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:50 pm

universal song wrote:Username: universal song

Theme: I Was King - lost kingdom

congrats!!

SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby universal song » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:54 pm