My adult Mascot Flit by WolfwithWings38

Based on Click to view
Artist WolfwithWings38 [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 5 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

My adult Mascot Flit

Postby WolfwithWings38 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:15 am

Hair edits and that's basically the only edit! I forgot the other leg though so hold on a sec~ Fixed! The longer tufts is rare and the mohawk is uncommon! Oh and I'd like critique as well please!
Last edited by WolfwithWings38 on Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hey, this is me! WolfwithWings38! You may call me: WolfwithWings38, Wolf, WolfwithWings, and WolfyWingy Though I really don't know why you would XD ....... and in a nutshell I'm weird when I really want to be! I also don't mind trading... and also PM me if you want to talk or something, I won't bite!
My avatar is colored by me and is my new wolf OC, but lines are made by Vixey!
My Viscets Page Link!: viewtopic.php?f=103&t=3335559&p=105943506#p105943506
Image Image
WolfwithWings38

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My adult Mascot Flit

Postby SkyGold » Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:07 am

The leg fur would be rare and the Mohawk would be uncommon.
SkyGold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfwithWings38 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:04 am

SkyGold wrote:The leg fur would be rare and the Mohawk would be uncommon.

Thank you for letting me know!
Hey, this is me! WolfwithWings38! You may call me: WolfwithWings38, Wolf, WolfwithWings, and WolfyWingy Though I really don't know why you would XD ....... and in a nutshell I'm weird when I really want to be! I also don't mind trading... and also PM me if you want to talk or something, I won't bite!
Image Image
WolfwithWings38

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfwithWings38 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Any critiques for my design?
Image Image
WolfwithWings38

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkyGold » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:50 pm

Sure!

Firstly I’ll go to the colors. The blue and green in the hair and the purple in the tongue and paws don’t really match up with the reds and blacks of the body design. I would suggest going with a color that matches the red or if you want to keep the mane color to switch the red to a color that matches the green and blue like a grey, white, blue or green.

Next the edits. I love the edits you have although the line work needs some work. They aren’t messy and are neatly placed yet they don’t have the appearance of hair or fur. I would suggest looking up examples of hair and how fur flows and I bet your ability will increase a lot!

I love the curcular designs on the back and hind legs but would suggest you try making it a little less wobbly. Try making the brush larger to allow you to make a confident stroke without having to go back and forth to create a thick enough line.

Everything else looks great!
SkyGold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WolfwithWings38 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:18 pm

SkyGold wrote:Sure!

Firstly I’ll go to the colors. The blue and green in the hair and the purple in the tongue and paws don’t really match up with the reds and blacks of the body design. I would suggest going with a color that matches the red or if you want to keep the mane color to switch the red to a color that matches the green and blue like a grey, white, blue or green.

Next the edits. I love the edits you have although the line work needs some work. They aren’t messy and are neatly placed yet they don’t have the appearance of hair or fur. I would suggest looking up examples of hair and how fur flows and I bet your ability will increase a lot!

I love the curcular designs on the back and hind legs but would suggest you try making it a little less wobbly. Try making the brush larger to allow you to make a confident stroke without having to go back and forth to create a thick enough line.

Everything else looks great!

Okay, thanks for the help I really appreciate it! The thing is, when I make Mohawks, I usually use red and black or something with a black tip, so I wanted to make a brightly colored Mohawk for colors I usually don't use (I don't usually use green but I use that bright blue sometimes) and also I know it doesn't usually look like hair if I try to make it, it's just so hard for me to make it look right plus I go by a memory of that one time I saw someone getting a Mohawk before it was my turn at a Supercuts (Which coincidentally is what made me fall in love with Mohawks thanks to that kid deciding to get a really awesome hair cut that's so hard to make in art for me and REALLY hard to convince my parents to get me one in real life and if my parents say yes it's usually not the type of Mohawk I want on my head.... Plus I really love using red because to me it's a really great color (and because I LOVE IT) and a design can't go without red and for the mouth and tongue I couldn't think of a unique color to use for the mouth so I thought purple would be good. But I'll give it a try next time! Though I'd like to point out I used two dark grays, one of being an almost like jet black but not quite....
Image Image
WolfwithWings38

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me