Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Gemstone Staffys (NO POSTING) by Mozzy.

Based on Click to view
Artist Mozzy. [gallery]
Time spent 52 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Mozzy.

Gemstone Staffys (NO POSTING)

Postby Mozzy. » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Gemstone Staffys
-insert banner here-

What is a Gemstone Staffy?
Gemstone Staffys are purpose-bred dogs for the rich and famous. People wanting dogs to match their style choice could order a dog bost the person's favourite gem of choice. Many years ago only those with lots of money could afford such dogs, however, their popularity skyrocketed and now they're as common as a normal Staffy.

These dogs were originally created in a high tech lab, where a lot of curious gene splicing was done to ensure the dogs could grow precious gemstones from their bodies without being harmed. The stones cannot be removed, and act much the same as bone would. If the stones were to be removed, they would not grow back.

Hundreds of years of breeding have given the dogs a build similar to English Staffordshire Terriers. However, they are not purebred Staffys and can possess traits commonly found in other dog breeds, such as fur variations and ear variations. All dogs have different stones and metals, found on various parts of the body. Some places on the body are more common than others, such as the shoulder region. Other mutations can be found through selective breeding, these are not as common though.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trait Guide / Rarity Chart
Standard
Typical Staffy build
Gems along spine and nose ridge
Short hair (not longer than a bob)
Teeth
Claws

Common
Gems on upper legs and tail
Shorter/longer legs
Short hair (not longer than jawline)
Ear variations (any canine ears)
Tail variations (any canine tail)

Uncommon
Gems on the legs and neck
Medium hair (not longer than shoulders)
Custom ears
Custom eyes
Custom tongue
Custom tail
Custom face

Rare
Gems on other parts of the face and shoulders
Long hair
Glow
Horns / Antlers
2 tails
Ooze
Extra ears / eyes / tongues (up to 2 extra)

Very Rare
Scattered gems (anywhere on body)
Metals / Alloys instead of gems
Wings
Multiple heads (2+)
Multiple tails (2+)
Bodily growths
Extra/Missing limbs
Extra ears / eyes / tongues (more than 2 extra)
Mutations of other organic beings

Godly
Magical abilities
No gems
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Gemstone Staffys (NO POSTING)

Postby Mozzy. » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:20 pm

General Rules
  • Gemstone Staffys are a closed species. Only artists are permitted to create them.
  • Selling or buying Gemstone Staffys for any exchange of goods is prohibited, they may only be gifted and/or swapped for other Gemstone Staffys.
  • Preexisting designs may be transferred to become a Gemstone Staffy if the appropriate myo is used.
  • Gemstone Staffys may not be used as fursonas.
  • Transferring the design of a Gemstone Staffy to another species is prohibited.
  • Do not whine, beg or harass members of the community for Gemstone Staffys.
  • Be respectful to the staff; don't harass them about competitions, post appropriate forms, respect the end dates and don't bump unnecessarily.
  • Don't minimod. If you have a question let the staff answer it, or contact a staff member directly.

Gemstone Staffy Rules
  • Don't edit the bases without written permission. Applying edits such as accessories are ok, but nothing else is allowed to be edited.
  • They have the distinct facial structure of an English Staffy, please make sure to keep the facial structure.
  • Under each adopt a list of traits should be given.
  • Gemstone types should also be given with the adopt.
  • You may only own 10 Gemstone Staffys at any given time.
  • Gemstone Staffys must be owned for at least 3 weeks before trading, this includes myo slots. You may only trade once every 30 days.
  • Gifting may be done whenever and as often as you'd like.

Breeding Rules
  • Breeding may be done every 30 days.
  • Gemstone Staffys must be adults and have been owned for at least 30 days prior to breed.
  • Gemstone Staffys may produce 1-4 pups.
  • Pups can be grown after 3 weeks.
  • Breeding can take place between any gender and/or orientation. All are welcome and accepted.
  • Very Rare and Godly traits will be determined via Discord.
Staff Rules
  • Any type of competition can be used for Gemstone Staffys except taking payment.
  • Payments can only be taken for the creation of myos and pup growths.
  • Staff must go through the same process for breedings as anyone else.
  • Staff may have 1 rare myo per month of activity.
    • Guest staff may have 1 uncommon myo
Mozzy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me