December Fest RPW #5 by .The Bootless Box.

Based on Click to view
Artist .The Bootless Box. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
12 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

December Fest RPW #5

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Fur Type 3 | Curly Tail | Custom Elf-like ears | Glowing two toned paint

I'm a trial artist for rpws now, and here is a somewhat simple babe inspired by candles/ lights. Oh here are some clarifications for this little one. Their markings do not glow, only their paint does. Their paint is their two orange/yellow colors, and their eye color is the 2nd to last color, the purple.

For me, Holiday time is very hectic and there is always a lot of bad news and bad people tryin to dampen spirits. Lights and candles have been a big sign of hope and show the kindness and light you can bring others this time of year, and some of my favorite stories are ones where people give hope to others during the holidays; plus almost all of my favorite memories have a warm fire and some sweet scented candles about. So here is a baby inspired by that warmth and hope I hope everyone can feel this year.

This kiddo is very sleepy and holding their blanket, I wonder what could have made them so sleepy!
    Maybe a good story about their favorite cozy, warm or happy & hopeful memory will help them sleep.
    Won't you tell it to them?
    Code: Select all
    [list][b]username;;[/b] [here]
    [b]rpw's name;;[/b] [here]
    [b]gender;;[/b] [here]
    [b]Personality;;[/b] [quality over quantity]
    [b]His/Her's/their favorite memory;;[/b] [no word limit, just no huge text walls please][/list]

this comp is kind of an impress me, go nuts,
    but if you don't feel like it/ don't have time
    you can just fill out the bare bones <33
    So do as much or as little as you feel like you can handle
    and remember, have fun!

this adoption will end on Dec. 28 Jan. 4, 11:59 pm EST
Last edited by .The Bootless Box. on Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
h

Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby,
-------------------------------------------------
Da - Characters - LOC - WOI

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: December Fest RPW #5

Postby NE0N-UMBR30N » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:16 pm

i'm ?? in love ??

res >:3
icon base by jako-ry on DA and sig art by booplet on TH

N30N - it/he/they
previous username was sylvender

nerd - kalons - UMAs
mods, victorbirdeh and i may sometimes trade
unfairly with each other :0! please don't ban us!

NE0N-UMBR30N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf ;; » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:19 pm

┌──────────────────────────────────────────────┐

└──────────────────────────────────────────────┘

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐

username;; wolf ;;
    rpw's name;; polyxena [nickname; poly or xe]
    gender;; female [she/her]
    Personality;; poly, at first glance, is a rather introverted wolf, who tends to bide her time alone and not bother others with her company, thinking it will be a burden to others. however, she does tend to feel rather lonely because of this, thinking that most others wouldn't have a care in the world for her. she would like to sometimes be in the company of a friend, if she didn't want to be with her adoptive parent, but thats hard for someone like her. her loneliness makes her beg for attention on the inside, but on the outside she doesn't say a word or give any hint. she seemingly prefers it like this, unsure of how to make her loneliness go away.
    poly is also rather sensitive, not only to what others might say, but also to her own inside thoughts. loud noises also seem to get the young wolf and take her by surprise, often scaring her. she also can't handle being told off and yelled at, as she becomes extremely upset and will most likely begin to cry, even if she knows that she deserves it. she cant help it - it happens on instinct, and after all that she's seen, it would either make complete sense, or no sense at all. being a pup, she also cant help it much, as the emotions of young ones can change very quickly - but as she matures, it is hoped that she will lose this sensitivity.
    poly also happens to be a nurturing wolf, despite her young age. when she isn't too busy being sensitive and shy around overs, she actually shows a great deal of care for those she knows, and even strangers who may be having a hard time. She watches her adoptive mother carefully, as akasma is a healer herself, and she takes what she learns to help others. it's also more easier for her when it comes to animals, as they wont judge her like other rpws will, and she just finds them a ton easier to work with - nonetheless, she would be willing to help whoever needed it, even being a pup of her age when she can't exactly do much. it doesn't matter to her.
    but despite all this, she also happens to be a rather naive rpw - she does take things for granted and sometimes she isn't as careful as she should be in certain situations. this can cause trouble, and also cause her to get hurt in some sense. she often doesn't think any harm could come out of even the best actions, and she finds it rather tough when something bad does indeed happen. she often acts before she thinks, especially when it comes to helping and nurturing others close to her, and it can not only be troublesome for her, but for the others as well, but with some guidance she will perhaps get a better mind.
└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐

His/Her's/their favorite memory;; a day as any other it was - the sun rose slowly, and the young pup had sat up from where she rested at the belly of one of her fathers, more comfortable sleeping with them than on her own. but today was different, as she was only resting with one parent - it was still fairly early, and her other father seemed to be missing. getting up and shaking herself to wake up, poly sleepily stumbled out, following the scent of her other parent until it led her outside, to where she saw him sitting and gazing at the sky, watching as the sky turned from a deep blue to a pretty purple-pink and orange gradient...much like the pups pelt. she skirted herself to sit down beside him, snuggling into his fur and taking him by surprise.
    "what are you doing up this early, polyxena?"
    "i wasn't tired anymore...and you weren't asleep..."
    that earned a laugh of amusement from her father, feeling him nudge her in affection.
    "i like the see the sun rise...and today is special, after all." poly tilted her head at his words.
    "special?"
    "yes...the first day of spring, when baby animals start to run about and flowers start to bloom...you were also born in spring, you know."
    he murmured it into her ear softly, his breath tickling her ear. the pup giggled, looking up at him.
    "I'm gonna be a year older!"
    "right, you are. you're growing up so fast...your father and i are very proud, you know."

poly was confused, seeing as she hadn't done anything special. but the pup was jolted out of her thoughts as she felt something soft and cozy being wrapped around her small body. looking down, she saw that it was a blanket, a colour of which she figured the sky would turn into while changing from night to day.
    "your father and i were going to wait...but we figured you would like this. you know we have to start going back to work soon...even with a babysitter, we wanted to give you this...so you always know that however far apart we may be, we'll always be together in your heart, and we'll never forget each other."
    poly was stunned in silence, before tears began to fill the pups eyes. her father thought he had upset her, but she quickly went to hug him happily, her tail wagging. "i love it."

the blanket was her safe-keep, her one possession she would treasure forever...it was hers, a gift to always be by her side.
    whenever times are tough, she will think back - how she will find her parents, how they haven't forgotten her...how happy they were together.
    her blanket kept the memory and hope alive that she would find her fathers, and holding it close at night always made falling asleep easier.
└────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

relationship with akasma: this wolf found poly after she was separated from her parents due to a war. as a healer on the battlefield, she had been quick to get the young pup out of there. she took the upset and injured poly under her wing, taking her away from her homeland to hopefully help bring her out more. akasma considers her to be a daughter of sorts, and would protect the pup with her life, the two having formed a pretty strong bond already. she's always there as a shoulder to cry on, and doesn't complain about any of poly's bad habits. poly appreciates how much akasma provides for her, and is very content in her company. akasma will also help the young pup try to find her family, when she gets a bit older and can face her home country again. but for now, the two travel around the world, poly learning to heal under akasma's guidance, the two forming their own small family for one another.
    relationship with romilly (fox): poly had found this fox one day while running an errand for akasma, the small white an grey fox hidden among tree roots. she had been confused on why it acted so frightened, but after taking it back to akasma, she confirmed that this fox was not wild born - as her marbled pattern was only bred in captivity. the two had searched for an owner, but coming up with no leads, the fox stayed with them. poly dubbed her with the name romilly. the two grew close very quickly, and poly grew very affectionate towards the creature. when out and about, romilly sometimes hunts a small bird or mouse to give as a 'present', even if it freaks polyxena out. apart from the occasional animal poly finds and receives, the two are almost inseparable, even in their short amount of time together. poly has made it her job to care for the young fox.

Last edited by wolf ;; on Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:52 pm, edited 26 times in total.
wolf ;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:45 am

ayyy precious babe woops you asked for it with an impress me here we go I'm so sorry in advance

username;; Firedancer77
    rpw's name;; Lumiere "Lumi"
    gender;; Female
    Personality;; One of the biggest issues Lumi has is making friends. It isn't so much that she is an introvert - although she is - but more because Lumi experiences a minor stutter/slurring of words, as well as narcolepsy. This can be quite inconvenient, and makes her afraid to meet new people, because even though she knows it’s not her fault, she still feels weird and like a liability thanks to her condition. Because of this, she tends to try and throw up walls to block people out, even her family and close friends, because she doesn’t want to burden them. It’s sad to see in someone so young, because she's matured far too fast. She often gets caught up in her own little world and doesn’t really know how to react when someone tries to show compassion for her and shower her with the love she deserves. She prefers to stay quiet and watch everyone live their lives free of the burden of herself. Lumi lacks the confidence or curiosity most pups have in the world, as well as the creativity. Her condition has put a complete damper on it, and she needs encouragement to push through it.
    His/Her's/their favorite memory;; Lumi's favorite warm and happy memory is the day she was adopted. (gonna continue soon, Moscow adopted her and realized he's not super prepared for being a parent but isn't gonna give her up either?)

wip wip wip
Last edited by Firedancer77 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:26 am

Bump <33
    I love you guys' forms so far nwn
h

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:51 pm

this ends at 11:59 EST tonight <33
    unless you guys want an extension?
h

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:33 pm

Could we get an extension please? :3

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:43 am

/super late
    But yeah you can
    i was busier than i thought anyways ^^’
    I’ll give you guys till the 4th
    So
    This now ends January 4th 11:59 pm EST
h

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:08 am

this is now closed
h

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .The Bootless Box. » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:06 am

okay, i am so sorry that it has taken me this long to judge this
    especially since there is only one finished form ^^’
    But, i got sick all of the sudden, and was too dizzy to post,
    Im doing better now and again im so sorry!

And finally wolf ;; is the winner! Congrats, Poly is all yours!
h

.The Bootless Box.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups