Nicodemus

Postby gravestones » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:34 pm

My boy Nico <3
Unique dystopian AU I need to work on more fff

username; Vyntage.
    name; Nicodemus
    gender; Male
    favorite time of day; (491/500)
    It was the dead of night and the city was all too quiet. A city made of crumbling buildings and broken streets. This was not the best place to call home. But for a young male Kalon by the name of Nicodemus, it was the only thing he had ever known. He heard tales of the old world where there were working cars and people worked in office buildings. He never cared much for history lessons. In his opinion, you should focus on what’s right in front of you, the past couldn’t help you today.

Fire was in Nico’s lungs as he ran down the street. The cold, stale air he was gulping in hardly helped his muscles as they screamed at him. He pushed onward, his pack digging into his back with every step. A deafening screech resounded behind him. The sound was otherworldly and was soon joined by several more voices, morphing the sound into stuff of nightmares. A fresh surge of adrenaline coursed through his veins as he pushed his body harder, rounding a corner.

Once he got around the building he swiftly climbed the old scaffolding ladders and platforms to the roof. Parkour had become a very useful skill for him as he began to move from rooftop to rooftop, trying desperately to make his way back to his encampment. The edges of his vision began to grow fuzzy and dark, his muscles had burned for so long they felt electrified and weak as he moved ever onward. He had to keep moving, his very life depended on it but he didn’t know how much more he could take.

A weak smile threatened to curve his features as he could see his encampment from the roof he was on. He was going to make it. As he leaped, staring ahead and not down, he fell farther than he meant to. He realized much too late as he hit the other rooftop. Snap! Nico crumpled to the ground and stifled an outcry of pain. He clutched his leg and winced, letting out a sickening whine. He laid back and tried to breathe. It felt like his lungs were collapsing. Was this over?

Salvation in the form of a golden ray of sunlight shone in front of him from the building behind him. The monsters couldn’t stand the sun, they would have to retreat back into the underground. Nico let out a strangled laugh, his eyes stinging from tears of relief. He reached a shaky hand to his walky and pushed the button. “Base, do you copy?” His voice cracked and his throat felt like a desert. After hearing a hissed confirmation through the speaker he swallowed hard and spoke again. “I think my ankle’s broken, I’m gonna need some help.” He dropped the walky to the side and laid back again, laughing softly.

Nico stared at the sunrise. It was truly the most beautiful thing in his world.
....hm? oh, hi.

any pronouns ;; non-binary ;; already dead

whats up i'm back after a ... really long hiatus that
i thought was going to end in me staying away but..
nostalgia brought me back i guess. i'm just a ghost,
don't mind me.

about ;; adopts ;; my kals ;; av ;; sig
gravestones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me