Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Bumble-Butt Adopts by Elfie

Based on Click to view
Artist Elfie [gallery]
Time spent 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
4 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Elfie

Bumble-Butt Adopts

Postby Elfie » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:16 pm

Álfheim Beasts: Bumble-Butts
Oh look, another dragon themed adopt X3
Álfheim Beasts ➸ Nursery ➸ ArchiveLore ➸ Customs ➸ Fanclub

Welcome to the official adoption thread for Bumble-Butts, here you can find and adopt your very own wiggly fluff. Before trying out for one please read this page, paying particular attention to the rules.
    Have fun and enjoy!

Obtaining –
    Getting your grabby hands on a Bumble-Butt can be pretty tricky since they can not be brought about by a regular MYO. However, you can adopt these guys by clicking on a Bumble's image and seeing if its competition is active. If so, follow the prompts and try and snag yourself a little fluff Butt.

▂ ▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂ ▂

Bumble-Butts - or Bumblebuns as they’re sometimes called - are critters at the mercy of a natural mutation in normal Beasties genes. This mutation stops the physical outward aging process and as such they retain qualities of their childhood state into maturity, including a miniature size, extra fluffy pelt, short wings and snubby nose. They differ slightly from regular kits and do have a more defined face into adulthood, but for the most part they’re cute, pug sized bundles of fluff that will live in your home! They were called Bumble-Butts for the little "but!" sound they make when startled, of cause this "but" became butt because a but with two Ts is infinity more amusing.

Bumble Butts are uncommon, with only a 10% chance (10/ 100) that two regular beasties will contribute the right genes to create miniature offspring. Even when two Bumble Butts breed, the chances only go up slightly (30% or 30/100). Funnily enough, if two parents have a high rate of giving birth to twins, then the likely hood of breeding for a miniature escalates to 90% after the second consecutive twin set. Yet don't let these numbers fool you, they're cute, they're sneaky, and they will still steal your girl.
    Aside from the rarity of seeing one in the flesh these guys flock together in as many numbers as they can find, unlike most of their non-mutation counterparts. In the wild, a group of them is known as a colony (not surprisingly), and their settlements a tribe. They share a very close bond with the members of their colony and depend like said tribe on each other for survival.

When a breeding does occur in the wild, if the resulting offspring did not inherit the miniature mutation they are encouraged to leave upon reaching maturity. And in a strange twist, sometimes orphaned, lost, or abandoned Kits are enveloped into the colony until they’re old enough to fend for themselves, particularly if the colony has low numbers. On the rare occasion a kit might be mistaken for a miniature and persuaded to join even if they have parents. This behaviour has given them the name “lost boys” or “Peter’s pipe” in some communities.
    In a human environment Bumble Butts enjoy a pampered life, providing a more playful, cheeky companion in comparison to regular Beasties. They’re as wise and intelligent but pocket sized and prized for their looks and fur. A lot of them sniggle their way into a home and become “pretend pets”, someone who thinks they have a pet when in reality they have an intelligent spirit being loafing free food and accommodation.

A Beastie’s glamour is also altered to a short stature, and is a driving factor behind Bumble Butts not transforming nearly as often as normal Beasties would. They never reach more than 5 foot in height, with most averaging around 3’5 – 4’0 ft, but their height is of little concern, it’s their odd childlike/impish facial features that make humans uncomfortable and thus, ruining what the initial intent of what glamour was for.

For more info and understanding of Beasties, please read the Lore.
Last edited by Elfie on Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bumble-Butt Adopts - STAFF

Postby Elfie » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:17 pm

S T A F F –

Owner: Elfie
    Admins: Not yet needed

What is an admin? Someone who is my second in command and may have the deciding rule over any situation unless I personally say otherwise.

Artists: nimrod.
    Mods: Not yet needed
    Archivist: Elfie

Casuals: Not yet needed
    What is a Casual? A member of the staff who is a multitasker and called up to help in all sorts of matters. They are most active during events or busy times when more mods or artists are required. They also serve as judges/second opinions in competitions when asked.
    Current Guest Artists: N/A
Last edited by Elfie on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Bumble-Butt Adopts - RULES

R U L E S:

- General
    • Respect the staff, they keep things running for you! If you have a complaint concerning a staff member please contact me (Elfie) via PM.
    • Be kind to your fellow users c:
    • Hate of any kind towards anyone will not be tolerated within the confines of the official topics and CS.
    • If Hate does occur outside of these areas all I can say is don’t visit such sites or turn off anon, I can’t help you much.
    • Do not guilt trip, whine, beg or complain about not having a Beastie. This also goes for competitions, if you don’t have anything nice to say to the winner, don’t say it at all.
    • Don’t ask to be staff. Applications will open when needed.
    • And just common sense people! Use it.

- Species related
    • Álfheim Beasts and Bumble-butts are a closed species, customs cannot be freely made.
    • Customs are given to staff, deserving members of the community, or through events. On occasion I will open up custom slots or MYOs for payment.
    • Do not steal/ trace/ mimic/ or otherwise pilfer the species.
    • Do not steal anyone else’s Beastie.
    • The number of Beasties and Bumble-Butts you can own are 10
    • A Beastie can share the same name.
    • Beasties can be divorced if the partner becomes inactive for over 4 months (evidence must be shown), if a very serious problem occurs, or if readopting and the partner agrees.
    • This species can be ANY sexuality (hetro, homo, poly, pan, ace, whatever). Their society doesn’t hold the human stigma.

- On Editing
    • You’re not allowed to edit or give edits to your Beastie unless approved by a staff member.
    • Hair, small tufts, expressions, whiskers, items, ect are of cause allowed and encouraged.
    • Design changes can be made, but the original artist must approve.

- On Usage
    Once a Beastie is owned by you you’re free to do with it as you wish – as long as you follow the adopts rules. This means you can;
    • Gift your Beastie with prior staff approval.
    • Trade your Beastie for another character or Beastie with staff approval.
    • Take your Beastie off-site wherever you like– with proper credit (you must ether link back to this thread or credit me as owner and the site – eg Species owned by Elfie on Chicken Smoothie).
    • RP your Beastie however you wish in private. If RPing on a site you MUST follow that site's rules. No expectations.
    • Make your Beastie your fursona or turn it into an OC if you wish.
    • However you cannot sell free adopt Beasties for any currency, virtual or real. Doing so will result in an automatic 12 month ban.

- On Bans ect.
    I reserve the right to rehome your Álfheim Beast(s) or Bumble-Butt(s) if you become banned or are suspended from the adopts. HOWEVER, even if you are banned this is a rare occurrence and will only be enforced if the crime was very severe. But please guys, use your common sense. If a rule is broken multiple times I will have to revise and tighten it.

These adopts work on a 3 strike system, you will receive a strike per offence, once you have received 3 strikes the 4th will be your last and you’ll ether be banned or suspended. You can also be banned or suspended for a length of time if the deed is bad enough without prior strikes. Once banned or suspended you can’t;
      • Partake in events.
      • Adopt/buy new Álfheim Beasts or Bumble-Butts.
      • Post on the fanclub, Nursery or main threads.
      • Breed you Beasties.
      • Grow your Beasties.
      • Trade free adopt Beasties (Gifting is still allowed).

R U L E S for Staff:

• Admins rule the roost alongside me, they have as many customs or Beasties as they please and may gift customs to other users. If I’m not available the Admins speak for me.
    • Artists, Mods and Archivists may own up to 13 Beasties, 3 of which may be customs.
    • Casual staff may own up to 11 Beasties, 1 of which may be a custom.
    • Guest artists may create 3 Beasties, 2 common and 1 uncommon. They may have 1 uncommon custom. Their position will last for two weeks.
    • You may use your custom slot on a regular Beastie to give it edits.
    • Staff are welcome to gift their customs.
    • Staff are also welcome to identify deserving users of the community to receive a custom.
    • Artists must judge their competitions within a week of the end date, if for some reason you’re unable to please ask for help or seek the aid of another artist, mod, or causal staff member. Once 2 weeks go by without a winner the admin or I will automatically assign a judge.
    • An adoptions end date may not exceed a month. (Extensions can be given if asked for).
    • RUs must be made within a month after the winners are announced. If RL issues pop up there is no qualms about seeking help from another artist or casual.
    • Be respectful and polite to the community, the species reputation is based on you!

Last edited by Elfie on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Bumble-Butt Adopts

Posting is Open.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
┏━ ---------------------------- ━┓
>>---->
Are you kitten me?

Hiya guys, I go by Elfie around these
parts, and pretty much anywhere on
the web, I’m hugely fascinated by
geerkery, wallow in the feels of
obsession and all round have an
unhealthy love for JBDs.

┗━ ---------------------------- ━┛
----------------------
JBDs Kalons
Kias Para's

----------------------
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Elfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby M00N » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:15 am

mark!
xxxxxxxxxxxx
⚝ Sam ⚝
⚝ She/her ⚝

[kalons]
[deviantart]
xxxxxxxxxxxx
M00N

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elfie » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:34 am

First adopt up!
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
┏━ ---------------------------- ━┓
>>---->
Are you kitten me?

Hiya guys, I go by Elfie around these
parts, and pretty much anywhere on
the web, I’m hugely fascinated by
geerkery, wallow in the feels of
obsession and all round have an
unhealthy love for JBDs.

┗━ ---------------------------- ━┛
----------------------
JBDs Kalons
Kias Para's

----------------------
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Elfie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polysaccharide » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:52 am

aa mark!
polysaccharide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gasp » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:08 pm

Wow these are adorable! I will be keeping my eye out for more adopts for sure :)
gasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby plisetsky » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:19 pm

mark!!
currently watching: