Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

•°● New Closed Species - Leorteras ●°• by Vulpey

Based on Click to view
Artist Vulpey [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Vulpey

by Vulpey

by Vulpey

by Vulpey

•°● New Closed Species - Leorteras ●°•

Postby Vulpey » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:30 pm

What are Leorteras?

Leorteras (LEE-OR-TEER-UH) are a hybrid species from the far away planet or Nearaz (NEER-AZ). A mostly lush planet, but Nearaz is much known for its vast canyons, ones the would put Earth's own canyons to shame in their size and depth. Within these canyons were found the Leortera species, called Leors for short. A group of Leors is called a flight. Leors are about the size of Red Foxes here on earth when standing on its hind legs, but more the size of a house cat when hopping all fours. They are very friendly creatures, but most tend to lean towards a bit mischievous, while others are more reserved. Regardless, they have individual personalites, and form strong bonds to those they trust. They have been known to fight to the death in the wild if it means another Leor stays unharmed (typically for family/flight members). Their diet consists of mostly vegetables, various kinds of Uba berries (native to Nearaz) and fruits called wrix, a kind of mix of mango and banana in texture and taste. Owning a Leor is definitely a pleasure, as it will certainly come to love you as family (if treated right) and will fiercely protect you if harm ever comes your way.

How can I get a leor? How many Leors can I own?

You can own up to 10 (12 for staff) Leors at this time (maybe be increased in the future), Leors are fine as single pets, but do best with one or more other Leors. As for how you get a Leor, you can adopt a leor that has been put up for adoption (found by a 'Leor handler') or a from another user who has decided to give up their Leor (must be for free unless bought or with paid art). Or you may buy a custom from the store that is genetically made for you (no parents) for a hefty price. If you already own at least two Leors, you can buy a breeding pass! Partner Leors mate for life, but unfortunately only males and females can mate naturally. A special procedure can be done for same sex or genderless Leors can have kits, but this process is extremely expensive! It can be found in the shop, and BEWARE, there is a higher chance (15%, only 2% with regular breeding) of one of 9 mutations occurring in the kit/kits. These mutations can be harmless or harmful.

Leortera rarities?

Leorteras are labeled by a rarity system based on what characteristics they display. Mutations can only be achieved through breeding, and items can be bought to give mutations to an adult or kit (expensive, and only specific ones) or to increase chance of getting a mutation through breeding (risk of harmful mutations). If a Leortera has many common traits, but only one rare trait, its overall rarity is based on its rarest trait. However, a one rare trait Leor is not the same as a Leor with more rare traits.

No Rarity (NR) - No edits made to Leor, the most basic/common of Leors.
Common - Longer Chest fur, larger ears, no hair, no visible canines (teeth), longer tongue, transparent wings.
Uncommon - Larger Talons, Snake tongue, Long hair (not past arms), longer arms, spikes on wings, no tail fluff.
Rare - Hair past arms, horns, large canines, smaller tongue, glowing eyes, long tail fluff (or fluffier), short fur (aka smooth Leor), shorter tail.
Ultra Rare - Bird-like wings, slits for nose (no visible nose), auras (glowing body), antlers, extra limbs, spikes down back and tail, fennec ears.

Mutations

Harmless
No front arms (does not hinder the Leor in any way)
Munchkin
Tail Stub
Double Tail
Extra Toes on Talon
Third eye
Harmful
No wings (passes onto babies 50% of the time. These Leors have never survived in the wild and are not able to mate for life)
Blind ( breeding is more difficult, breeding only succesful 85% of the time. Have all white/cloudy eyes, breeding causes a 35% chance of blind offspring)
No Ears (deaf, breeding is more difficult as they can not partake in vocal mating rituals only successful 70% of the time. A 25% chance of earless offspring)

Ultra rare Leors can only be obtained through a custom, or special events authorized very rarely by Vulpey herself.

Leor's main lines/Concept were created by and bought by me from Zailune
Last edited by Vulpey on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:50 am, edited 12 times in total.
She/Her - Proud Cat mom of 2 - Rest in peace Frodo - Dog Mom of 1
Watch me grow!
All these smoll puppies are dreamies
ImageImageImageImageImage
Vulpey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: •°● New Closed Species - Leorteras ●°• WIP NO POSTIN

Postby Vulpey » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:31 pm

Owner
Vulpey

Artists (aka 'Leor Handlers')
None

Mods
None
Last edited by Vulpey on Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Watch me grow!
Vulpey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: •°● New Closed Species - Leorteras ●°• WIP NO POSTING

Postby Vulpey » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Rules
There's not many rules here, just ones that will keep this forum group safe, and running! I will be using a three strikes 'you're out' rule. However, there are certain rules that if broken will lead to being permanently banned, regardless of strikes or if you own Leorteras. Paid for Leorteras may still be owned by perma banned members. However, free adoption Leors will be put back up for readoption, and they are no longer allowed to claim the Leor as their own (will be considered art theft) Follow the rules and this thankfully will not have to happen!

What you CAN'T do with your Leorteras
● Transfer your Leor to out of species lines without permission. You CAN make art with your Leor, but you cannot place your Leor on free linearts or place it on another species. Transferring to a new species is free, and fine with permission, but the Leor will no longer be considered as 'active' and cannot be sold on Leor lines.

●Sell your Leor if it was adopted for free (unless given permission from artist and then approved by Vulpey) or sell your Leor for more then what you paid UNLESS other art you paid for is included when selling. Prefer to keep the Leors within CS for now, I am not running this anywhere else right now.

● CHANGE the designs/markings on a Leor, or remove or add traits/mutations without approval (usually tickets and items bought from the shop allow these to be done)

● Breed your Leors from an artist who is not a "Leor Handler'. It can be done, however they WON'T be considered Leors, you CAN'T claim it as a Leor, and you CAN'T transfer them to be Leors. You must buy a breeding ticket and roll the breeding as everyone else does.

● Drawing your Leors with GORE or anything inappropriate. Keep that off site, and WARN if you sell Leor with art so that others do not stumble across it. I'm not completely disallowing it, but just thar it be kept off of these forums.

Forum Rules

● Marking more than once or marking where you are not allowed to mark, over bumping or bumping where not allowed. I will consider this Spamming. You will get a warning for this. If done again after being warned, you will be banned from posting/adopting for one week. Getting banned gives you a strike. You do not want to reach three of these.

● Harassing a player over an adopt/event that you did not win. This does not get a warning and will lead to an immediate 1 week ban from posting/adopting. We do not tolerate this, as there will be plenty more opportunities for you to adopt many more elligible Leors! If you want to ensure a Leor is YOUR's you must buy a custom or MYO.

● Copying and pasting someones app for an adopt/event, or stealing the art from another for an adopt/event. Immediate bann for 2 weeks from posting and adopting. We WILL notice this as I WILL read through all apps.

● Please just follow the basic rules of Chicken smoothie. Main rules that are broken WILL be brought to a main site moderator, and COULD lead to repercussions to your WHOLE ACCOUNT, not just on this forum.

We ask that you all just be nice to each other, and ejoy the joy that is Leorteras!

Permanently Banned Members
None! (whoo!)

Temporarily Banned Members
None! (whoo!)

Strikes
None! (whoo!)
Watch me grow!
Vulpey

My pets