My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: LOC growth - Milriis

Postby ophanimera » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:24 pm

Name: Milriis
Name Meaning: Name derived from milleri, the species name of this nudibranch.
Nickname(s): Milly, Mill, Mills (but not Reese or anything similar)

Element: Poison
    Elemental Info wrote:A lion with the gift of poison can: Infect others, create mass diseases that can plague an enemy over time; can also take away any sickness

Future Abilities:

Future Rank: (Warrior; Support)

===

Personality
(567 words)

Charismatic -- Inspirational -- Motivated

xxxxxxxxMilriis is the type of cub to leap before he looks, to the point where it has become a fault. The Pride Healers are well acquainted with Milly’s face, as he is prone to injuring himself accidentally. On the surface, Milriis appears reckless, but his convictions are strong and he needs little time to come to a decision on almost anything. Lions who encounter Milriis may call him a natural leader (or bossy, if you’re one of his siblings), but he shrugs off ideas of fame, glory, and power. He has no desire to hold a place of leadership, even in adulthood. His desire for the position of Supporter gives him drive and purpose, eager to help Fighters defend themselves from disease and illness in battle.

Outgoing -- Frank -- Unrestrained

xxxxxxxxEven though Milriis is young, his words and actions are persuasive and full of energy. Milriis has decided "never to lie about anything ever" and is unafraid to speak his mind on anything. However, his brutal honesty can often be a double-edged sword, doing just as much harm as it does good. Milriis is often in trouble for saying something tactlessly to another lion, no matter how truthful he was being. We hope that one day, he will learn some tact to add to his honesty.

Impatient -- High-Strung -- Anxious -- Energetic

xxxxxxxxMilriis is always anticipating his next move, ready to spring into action whenever necessary. Milriis often feels that the world is often moving too slowly for his tastes. He wishes that everyone else would just go a little faster. He does have some slight anxiety when it comes to not doing anything. He thinks that the world will pass him by if he's taking a break from being active or even just sleeping. While Milriis thinks he has infinite energy, his energy does in fact have bounds. He is prone to burning himself out and running out of energy before the day is done. Milriis needs at least 2 fifteen-minute naps per day to run at full force, in addition to a regular 18 hours of sleep. He schedules his naps in advance with his mentor so that they don't get in the way of training with Aspen.

Loud -- Garrulous -- Long-Winded

xxxxxxxxOther lions who know Milriis can tell you: he has a remarkable ability to never shut up. He also tends to get louder and louder while talking, to the point where he’s yelling. If you happen to strike up a conversation with Milly, be prepared to keep talking for a while, or otherwise risk hurting his feelings because he “didn’t get to finish with what he had to say”. Telling him to “be quiet” or “shut up” won’t do any good, either.

High-Maintenance -- Demanding -- Has High Standards

xxxxxxxxHis excessive energy and enthusiasm, coupled with his loudness, make Milly a handful for family and friends alike. He has high standards of his own for everyone else as well, which makes him sometimes difficult to get along with. If you ever get caught lying around him, even if it was something small or meant as part of a nice surprise, then he's likely to get mad and stop talking to you for some time. He also expects other lions to not be harsh or unjust, which just attests to his youth and inexperience.

Relationships:

Xerxes:

Milriis admires his father and is inspired
by his father’s achievements in battle, first as
a Supporter and then as a Distractor. Milriis
desires to become a poison-element Supporter,
as his father once was. Before Milriis and Aspen
got a mentor and trainer for their battle
techniques as a tank-supporter duo, Milriis
looked to Xerxes for most of his training on how
to control his elemental powers. Milriis’ powers
don’t seem to be as closely associated with his
emotions as Xerxes’ are and both father and
son are glad for this change.

Lilith:

Milriis’ oftentimes feels that his mother is
being overbearing. He takes advantage of his
excursions with Solitaire and training so that
her constant, lavish attention and affection
doesn’t get to him and sour his appreciation
for her. She does not always scold him for his
recklessness, although he knows that she will
not hesitate to punish him if he deserves it.
Even if she frustrates him when he does get in
trouble, he loves his mother unconditionally,
reciprocating the affections he receives from her.

Louisa:

Milriis enjoys play fights
with Louisa, encouraging her to
come on excursions with Solitaire
and himself when possible. He
appreciates Louisa’s honesty
when she’s not feeling up to play
and will let her be. He doesn’t
understand why she looks up to
Keres, but thinks her admiration
should be nurtured and entertains
her by listening to her stories of Keres.

Solitaire:

Milriis sometimes accompanies
Solitaire on her journeys outside of
the pride, when he’s not training to
be the very best supporter he can be!
He has been late to practice more
than once, simply because he has
wandered off with Solitaire when he
really should have been headed to
practice with Jezebel and Shaylee.

Aspen:

Aspen and Milriis are a duo,
one close to the other whenever
it comes time for training or any
number of other things during their
daily lives. Where Aspen is a cool
and collected lion, Milriis is fiery and
passionate. Where Milriis would do
something impulsively, Aspen would
think it through, perhaps even
overthink it. Milly understands Aspen’s
standoffish personality is because
he is such an introvert. Milriis often
learns from his own mistakes when
he is with his brother, as they
balance each other’s personality
out. Even though both are prone
to arguing because of their polar
opposite personalities, they will
never take it to blows or get
seriously angry with each other.

Keres:

Milriis doesn’t trust her because she is not
forthcoming whenever he gets nosy and asks her
a lot of questions. Even mom and dad don’t tell
him anything when he starts in on questioning
them about Keres when she’s not around. He
appreciates her coming by to visit, since he knows
that she’s his aunt but doesn’t really play with her
or make special efforts to put down what he’s
preoccupied with when she comes to visit.

Aiyanna:

Milriis sometimes brings back interesting
things from his adventures with Solitaire for Aiyanna
to enjoy, since he understands that she’s in mourning.
He doesn’t quite understand the concept of death of
another lion, so he interprets her loss as the “biggest
sad anyone can ever be”. He hopes that he is able
to make Aiyanna’s day, one day at a time, even if
it means only visiting every now and then.

Calida:

Milriis occasionally sees Calida when she
comes to visit her mother. Since she’s pregnant,
Milriis gives her a lot of space because he’s scared
of hurting her with his recklessness and ample energy.
He sometimes brings her small gifts as well, pretty
flowers or other interesting rocks that he finds
when out and about.

Ezra:

Since Ezra is a “nomad”, Milriis has no
interaction with this cousin of his, at least while
he is in cubhood. He knows bits and pieces of
the history and children of his mother’s siblings
from asking so many questions and being generally
pesky with his curiosity, but aside from that he
doesn’t really know who Ezra is.

Varania:

Since Varania is a rebel, Milriis has no
interaction with this cousin of his, at least
while he is in cubhood. He knows bits and
pieces of the history of his mother’s siblings
from asking so many questions and being
generally pesky with his curiosity, but aside
from that he doesn’t really know who Varania is.
If she is ever mentioned by the Pride or his
close family, they tend to change the topic
abruptly when Milriis shows up, as they consider
Milriis and his siblings unfit for such knowledge
at a young age.

Short Story(ies):

Slice of Life (688 words)

Practice wasn’t until midday, so Milriis sneaked away from his parents and skipped breakfast for adventure. The field of shimmering grass a short distance from his den was his destination.

Milriis got to thinking. I’ve brought chunks of grass home before… My siblings might not want to play with an old toy.

His initial enthusiasm began to wane. He hadn’t even bothered to ask if anyone wanted to play games with him today. Milriis’ mind was whirring, trying to push away any self-doubt with the hope of fun. He stopped in his tracks when he saw Solitaire and some adventuring friends of hers chatting in some low brush. He tossed the thought of a grass toy aside and trotted over to her, wiggling his way into their circle.

“Hey, Solitaire,” Milriis whisper-yelled, more yell than whisper. He was never one for subtlety.

“Shh! Keep it down, Mills. We’re making a plan.” Solitaire hissed quietly, glowering at Milriis.

“Can I get in on it?” Milriis looked at her with a wide grin, hoping that she would say yes.

She rolled her eyes at him. “Can you promise to be a little quieter? Being out here is supposed to be a secret. Mom and Dad aren’t even awake yet.” Her eyes narrowed slightly, awaiting his response.

“Yes!” He caught himself yelling and threw a quick glance over his shoulder. No one had even moved a muscle. “Oops. Sorry, Sol. I meant yes… Quietly.”

“Alright. So, as I was saying…” Solitaire went back into discussing the details of her plan with everyone. Turns out, Milriis had wandered into the party a little late, as she was just going over the recap. The group of adventurers was going to go to the edge of the Unknown Lands and take a peek over the edge. Just a peek… Long enough to see if anyone they had heard about was down there. Then they’d come back. Milriis was excited to join them for this brief adventure and agreed to follow the rest of the small group at the back.

The thought of training came to mind once briefly, but he pushed the thought back. Nothing, not even battle practice, was going to keep him from having this moment with his sister and her friends.

By the time the sun had nearly risen to its peak, Milriis was exhausted and ready for a nap. He usually took a nap before training practice, but he was trying to force his way through the exhaustion. The travelling group of lions were only halfway to the Unknown Lands, at least according to Solitaire.

They didn’t have a map, and Milriis was pretty sure they were going in a circle or were lost, at the very least. He tried to bring it up with Solitaire, but got the silent treatment. After some grumbling and a brief argument with Solitaire that “this was the fourth time I’ve seen that same rock, I swear”, he decided that the adventure wasn’t worth it anymore and that he’d head home early.

He turned tail and scampered back home, when he saw his mother and father waiting for their cubs at their den. He considered hiding or even making up a good story to tell his parents, but came in anyway, tail tucked between his legs.

“Where were you, Milriis? You missed practice with Aspen today. You’ll have to practice doubly hard tomorrow, if you want to keep on track with your regimen.” Xerxes gave Milriis a scolding look, although not as nearly as harsh as Milriis expected.
“And where is Solitaire? You know we worry…” Lilith looked out into the direction Milriis came from.

Even though her sister would probably chew him out for telling, he decided to fess up. “We were exploring outside. I remembered the way back and ran home, but I think Solitaire and her friends are still lost, trying to find… something.” Milly scuffled his paws in the dirt, embarrassed.

The sun had already gone down by the time Solitaire and her friends came back, without a peek into the Unknown Lands to make their journey worth the effort.

Art:

Family Collaboration Piece
[lineart by Fire At Heart, edits and color by bat-ty]

Brother Collaboration Piece
[lineart by Fire At Heart, edits and color by bat-ty]

Milriis Angery Meme Headshot
[by bat-ty]
ophanimera

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery