Wilted Roses

"Wilted Roses" by princess

Dressup entry

Wilted Roses

Postby princess » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:27 pm

"Are you sure about this, Mom?" They muttered to themselves, looking around the forest they were currently in. Their mother wasn't there- at least, not psychically, but they still let the phrase leave their lips as the put on paw in front of the other in search of those silly wilted roses- the ones their mother would put on the table each Halloween. They had never been fond of them- in fact, they didn't like them at all while growing up, but it just didn't feel right without those wilted roses at the dinner table.

"Gosh Mom- I hope these directions are correct, I might as well just be running in circles otherwise." They spoke louder this time, looking up and the sky briefly, before going back to search for those darn roses. "Oh!" They exclaimed loudly, looking the the single patch of roses on the ground. They were covered with dead leaves, and a few petals had fallen off as well. A small grin spread on their face, as the delicately plucked two roses up, carrying them in their mouth as the started the trip back home.

They arrived home shortly after, placing the roses in the vase on the table. They smiled softly at their handiwork, before grabbing their mug of tea, sitting at their table.
"...I miss you, Mom.." They muttered softly, looking at the picture of their mother and them hanging on the wall, before looking back at the roses. "but the little things you did help me feel closer to you..It's nice. I love you, Mom." They finished their sentence, smiling, and for a moment, they thought they could here the wind howling an I love you too.

i'M SORRY THIS IS SAD
princess

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me