Based on Click to view
Artist azhdarchid [gallery]
Time spent 28 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Misleading Mixture

Postby azhdarchid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:52 pm

You followed the witch's instructions, you tossed the potion against a hard surface and stood back, but something must've gone wrong. There's no animal companion standing there and waiting when the smoke clears, but instead there's a single scrap of paper. You pick it up and turn it over, your brows furrowing in confusion as you see a string of numbers, longer than a phone number should be but formatted about the same way. After a moment of pause, you shrug and pull out your phone. The instant you type in the last number, your phone screen briefly flashes pink, then goes directly to Facetime. Weird. When the call goes through, you nearly drop your phone in shock because at the other end is what can only be described as an alien. Five magenta eyes blink back at you, and the several strange, fleshy horns, or ears, or feelers on it's head flick once, in greeting you think. They seem to have a standard number of limbs at least; two legs, one hand holding a wicked looking weapon (known as a 'bec de corbin', or "raven's beak") while the other waves... is that another eye? It is, and the eye on their palm blinks at you. You watch as they stick the staff in the ground to free up both hands, then moves their hands in a gesturing manner with some similarities to American Sign Langauage. Even if you are fluent in American Sign Language, there are parts of this language that you don't know. Intuitively, you manage to guess that the alien's saying something along the lines of "Hello, how are you" like it's completely normal for them to get calls from Earth. "Hi, uh, I'm doing pretty good?" You give pause after speaking, unsure if they can hear. "You can hear me, right?" You question, and the being nods,
the two 'ears' on the left side of their head flicking again. They gesture to you, sensing that you have more questions. They seem pretty amicable for a guard, which you assume them to be with that weapon and the pink armour. Or maybe that's an exoskeleton. "so, uh, what do you do? As like, a job?" This seems to be the right question, because although the being has no visible mouth, their eyes shine with something akin to pride. Their hands move quickly in excitement, relaying to you that they're a performer. Not what you were expecting, but you didn't expect any of this. "I see. Hey, nice cape." you comment, on your way to making an intergalactic friend, you hope.

(i think this is the longest one yet, whoops. Feel free to keep as much or as little of the writing as you want, it was just for fun, I hope you enjoy your new character!)
azhdarchid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Misleading Mixture

Postby Happily Wrathful » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:17 pm

im pretty sure i just died and came back to life from how awesome this is wukrnfiurevniun

add me to the drawing? <3333
Happily Wrathful

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me