Based on Click to view
Artist azhdarchid [gallery]
Time spent 40 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Cup of Cavern Kings

Postby azhdarchid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:43 pm

You don't know what you were expecting when you broke the glass containing the ashen potion, but it definitely wasn't this.
The creature standing before you is a foot taller than you are, and is some abstract mix of bat, bird, and perhaps some rodent like a shrew or vole. Its mousy brown colouration reminds you of that of a robin's. You remember reading somewhere that the lighter coloured robins are the females, but you don't know whether that's the same for this being though, and you don't know if they'd take offence to your asking. Their limbs are what shock you the most: they have two completely different wings, and the same seems to be true of their legs. And then there's the matter of the crown; why would a newly-created creature be wearing a crown? You skim your memories for the conversation you had with the witch, and you remember they said that the potions
summoned creatures. You'd taken that to assume it would create some animal, but that might not be the case. Your head starts to spin at the idea that this crowned bat might have been teleported, in a sense, from some other location, or even another realm. At first, the creature appears surprised, but as they look around in confusion and their gaze settles on you, a strange expression crosses their face. It's strange, because it's one of recognition, and respect, and trust, and - you would remember seeing a creature like this, you think. But you don't. You don't recall this cave-dwelling bat-bird monarch at all.

(like the others, the lore blurb is just a thing i wrote for fun, you can decide whether or not to keep it. I hope you enjoy your creature! C:)
azhdarchid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cup of Cavern Kings

Postby Chronostasis » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:58 pm

I love them so much!
could I be added
^^
Chronostasis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Cup of Cavern Kings

Postby azhdarchid » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Whoops! I totally forgot! You've been added now!
azhdarchid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me