Artist Nodell [gallery]
Time spent 5 hours, 16 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
41 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Nodell

Kalon #1230 - Winner!

Postby Nodell » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:30 pm

ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴀʀᴇ ᴋᴀʟᴏɴs? wrote:Kalons-- a species with soft manes and even softer hearts.

Monitored in forests across the globe for years, these animals
have recently been declared naturally tame as well as sapient.
Scientists are asking the general population to consider adopting
Kalons for further study in their capabilities of intelligence.

Their shining tails are used for identification and showing off,
which is helpful when spotting another Kalon from afar. This
association with other Kalons is why they are head-over-heels
for any shiny or colorful item that they come across!

Common - Custom shine, tail edit, standard hair, long fur edit

Hey guys! This is going to be a bit of a different comp. I've been having quite a few issues lately as far as eating goes, and it's really not healthy. I"D I tend not to eat full meals, or skip several meals all together, orz. So this comp is intended to give me ideas on simple things I can fix, because I'm pretty lost when it comes to making new stuff, lol.

What I want you guys to do is find a recipe that you think I will like (preferences are below, and preferably something you've tried yourself), and you will have a chance at winning this CYOP kalon! After the end date rolls around I will chose 5 forms who's dishes seem the most appealing to me and make them. Whoever has the dish I liked the most will win! A runner up will go to second place and HMs to those last three members. Please be sure to read my prefernces, as there are a few things you have to keep in mind!

Food Preferences/Notes

• I am a vegetarian, any dishes with meat/seafood will obviously not be made.
• Things with dairy in them are fine!
• To my knowledge I'm not allergic to any foods.
• Fresh ingredients are highly preferred
• We don't have a grill, but we do have a toaster oven, microwave, oven, stovetop . . . etc.
• Try to create a balanced meal, something that includes most food groups (ex - a soup + a salad).
• Try to keep the dishes relatively easy to make (maybe under 20 minuets). Part of the reason why I'm having so many issues is because I don't have much motivation to get up and make stuff (#godepression)

• I love soups
• Romane and spinach are good
• Rice is nice (see what I did there)
• I like spicy stuff, but please don't kill me. I"D
• I don't mind tofu, depending on how it's fixed
• I like most meat substitutes (ex - 'beef' crumbles)
• Pineapple, apples, grapes, and strawberries are all great.
• Noodles are the best thing in the word, I love them so much.
• Homemade pancakes and waffles with different flavors are cool!

• I don't like steamed vegetables or the taste of most peppers
• I hate raw tomatoes with a burning passion, they make me physically ill (ketchup/tomato soup bases are fine.)
• Crunchy vegetables in soups bug me, they have to be soft (or made soft by cooking, like carrots)

Feel free to message me asking if your dish would be at least relatively liked. I will not tell you how much I would like it, though. Which can range from the dish just looking okay to being the best thing I've seen. You may also ask if it is simple enough, or if I'd like an individual ingredient! This is to make it fair so most people start of with at least some chance.

Code: Select all
Username --
Name --
Gender --
Meal Idea -- (vegetarian; see list of things for stuff I like/don't like. You're free to go about this anyway you want, from just explaining it to making pictures and whatnot. Please note that you can have more than one recipe, but those recipes must make one meal [ex - mashed potato recipe + mac-n-cheese]. Be sure to include measurements and whatnot!)

Color palette -- (note that I will chose the design, please don't ask for certain markings)
Edits you'd like to see -- (up to uncommon, not all edits you ask for are guaranteed)

End date - 10-10-2017
Last edited by Nodell on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nodell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #1230 - CYOP

Postby shadowloversmothie » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:35 pm

Username -- shadowloversmothie
Name -- equality or winter
Gender -- male
Meal Idea -- (vegetarian; okay I know this sound weird but, it's yummy and helps you when your sick.
Step 1.: buy Vegemite and some bread. Oh and some hoot water. 2.: grab a bowl and put some bread and Vegemite together. 3.: pour hot water. Enjoy!
see list of things for stuff I like/don't like. You're free to go about this anyway you want, from just explaining it to making pictures and whatnot. Please note that you can have more than one recipe, but those recipes must make one meal [ex - mashed potato recipe + mac-n-cheese]. Be sure to include measurements and whatnot!)

Color palette -- rainbow please. Or a winte themed pet (note that I will chose the design, please don't ask for certain markings)
Edits you'd like to see -- any! (up to uncommon, not all edits you ask for are guaranteed)
shadowloversmothie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbit » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Username -- Jishokoi
Name -- TBD
Gender -- TBD (sorry)
Meal Idea --

Vegetarian Poke Bowl!
Poke bowls are Hawaiian, traditionally made with raw fish and rice, but there's plenty of meatless versions that are just as good!
What I really enjoy about these is that you're totally free to mix and match them however you'd like!

I personally prefer adding in edamame and seaweed salad, but since that's not always available everywhere, I thought I'd stick with a more simple version (but feel free to try either of those as well!)

With this recipe, I typically don't make it with carrots or avocado, but that's entirely your choice! Sometimes I include lettuce or spinach, instead, to replace the greens. Also, you are free to cook the tofu if that's what you'd like, although I recommend only lightly frying it, as the rest of the ingredients are raw.

My reasoning behind this is that it's not only really healthy, but it's super simple and quick to make too, and you can have fun by changing out ingredients! You're more than welcome to add some noodles into the mix as well (served best cold, like you would in a pasta salad)!

Color palette -- white, black (accents), gold, light pink
Edits you'd like to see -- custom tail, shine, and hair (standard or common)
Image News BoxImage wrote:Avatar by Nishipu
Kalons
Art in signature by me (below) and Studiomaz (TH)!
Image Links Image wrote: Wife | Princess | Mont | Cinnamon Roll
Image Art Image wrote:

Click the above for my Kalons!
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jianwai » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:31 pm

Username -- hanzo.
Name -- Kurage No Hinotama | Kurage
Gender -- Male
Meal Idea -- Breakfast is good
- Dutch puff -
Prep 5 min Cook 25 min Ready 30 min

3 tbsp butter
    3 egg
    3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
    3⁄4 cup milk, heated 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave
    1 tbsp sugar, plus 1 teaspoon
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    1 pinch salt
    1 pt fresh blueberries ( or any fruit-- I prefer apples! )
    1 tsp sugar
    1⁄2 tsp fresh lemon zest
    2 tbsp powdered sugar

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Place the butter in a large saute pan and place in the oven to melt.
3. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine the eggs, flour, hot milk, 1 tablespoon sugar, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt, and blend on medium-high speed until uniform. Cook's Note: If mixing by hand, combine the eggs with the milk until the mixture is light yellow and no longer stringy, about 1 minute. Add the flour, sugar, vanilla, and pinch of salt, and whisk vigorously to remove the lumps, about 30 seconds.
4. Carefully, remove the hot pan from the oven. The butter should be melted. Swirl the butter around the pan to coat completely and then pour the remaining butter into the batter and whisk to blend. Pour the batter into the hot pan and return the pan to the oven. Cook the pancake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the pancake is puffed in the center and golden brown along the edges.
While the Dutch baby bakes, in a small bowl, combine the fresh fruit, 1 teaspoon sugar, and lemon zest. Stir to coat and set aside to marinate.
5. Using a spatula, remove the entire Dutch baby from the pan and place on a cooling rack for a few minutes to allow the steam to escape without condensing along the bottom and rendering the pancake soggy. Slice the pancake into wedges on a serving platter or cutting board and sprinkle with the confectioners' sugar through a sieve. Serve with the marinated fruit.

- If you happen to enjoy a side of rice with your breakfast, I implore you to try this with rice on the side! It's quite delicious. Especially if you fry an extra egg with the rice!
While this isn't my grandmothers recipe ( if you'd like that instead, I will happily retrieve it ), this is the closest to it!

Color palette --
Edits you'd like to see -- Shine, Tail, Backmane, Ears.
Last edited by jianwai on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

We just straight chillin
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
𝕱𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉
jianwai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pees » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Username -- Piqeon
Name -- Lee
Gender -- Male
Meal Idea --
Vegetarian Bao
Originally a family recipe - edited as vegetarian dish
Serves 3-5
Preparation time: around 90 mintutes (sorry, sometimes it can be 30 minutes, or maybe I'm the slowest person the world?)

Ingedients:
- Dough
    2 1/2 teaspoons of yeast
    350 grams of plain flour
    200ml water
    Optional: Pinch of salt (for taste idk some people like that)

- Filling
    a leaf of Bok choy
    Diced garlic clove
    50ml soy sauce
    200 grams tofu
    Pinch of salt
    Teaspoon of Hoisin sauce (optional for extra sweetness)

-Utensils
    2 small bowls (fill one with hot water)
    Large bowl
    Pot
    Paper towel
    Stove
    Spoon
    Plastic wrap
    Pan

-also water from kettle and tap
- oil use may vary

Instructions
1- Prepare tofu and put it in the bowl (tofu can be prepared many ways so this is pretty vague but there should be instructions on the packet) then dice it into tiny pieces
3- Put the pot on the stove, add water and then boil the bokchoy for around a minute or so in the pot. Once done, chop the bok Chou and put in small bowl.
4- Pour warm water and yeast into the large bowl, mix together then add the flour, continue mixing
5- Knead the dough (mess warning alert)
6- Cover the dough with the plastic wrap and wait for about an hour for it to rise.
7- Pour oil on the pan and combine the fillings together to fry it, stop frying when the smell becomes strong (or it might burn)
8- Put this in a bowl
9- After the dough has settled, put take it out start shaping the bao into a thick sausage, cut it into even pieces and then roll flat add the filling inside and then twist to close I'm crap at explaining so if you're confused here's a picture I found that does it perfectly <3
10- Enjoy!

Chef's Notes
- I usually eat as a family, hence the serving size is larger
- Most of these ingredients can be found in asain supermarkets
- This is best served with tea! Herbal teas are the best, I recommend jasmine, green or oolong tea to drink with the bao, if herbal tea isn't available, pretty much any tea w/o milk goes with this

Color palette --
(I prefer the purple to be more dominant c: )
Edits you'd like to see -- I have really never cared for edits so anything you're comfortable with is a-okay, weight edits are fine as I'm not picky on them !!

Hope you feel better <3
Last edited by pees on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 6 times in total.
pees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sodafarts » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:10 pm

oooooo marking, this is such a cool idea
hi i am soda/eli :-)

mostly inactive these days </333 but hanging around to draw occasionally

she/they idc - intp - capricorn ☼ aries ☾ libra ⇡ - adult - usa

main interests: MY CATS, dorohedoro, chainsaw man, soul eater, tbhk, adventure time, kingdom hearts, OFF, genshin impact, okami, devilman crybaby, berserk, welcome to night vale, atla, studio ghibli, vocaloid, wacky music, gross stuff, cooking, learning languages

https://kevan.org/johari?name=sodafarts <-- hi everyone how would u describe me :')
sodafarts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby a little guy » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:40 pm

Username --
carnocat
Name --
Cyrus
Gender --
Female
Meal Idea -- (vegetarian; see list of things for stuff I like/don't like. You're free to go about this anyway you want, from just explaining it to making pictures and whatnot. Please note that you can have more than one recipe, but those recipes must make one meal [ex - mashed potato recipe + mac-n-cheese]. Be sure to include measurements and whatnot!)

Color palette --
Edits you'd like to see --
Could I keep her looking the same, maybe with a longer fringe? (:

Wip till after college though
a little guy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rinsea » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:50 pm

Username -- SilvericyCat
Name -- tba
Gender -- Female
Meal Idea --

All the recipes below are recipes I personally use, I modified some of them to how I would usually cook them at home.
Macaroni Salad
-boil macaroni and strain it when done
-in a large bowl, combine the macaroni, mayonnaise, pineapples, and all purpose cream
-season with salt and pepper and tada!!
not sure if vegetarians eat mayonnaise or not.. I researched and the internet told me that most vegetarians eat egg

Squash Soup
-1 medium kabocha or butternut squash
-1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
-2 cloves garlic, smashed
-2 tablespoons olive oil
-1 1/4 cup milk
-toasted wallnuts
-salt to taste
-cream to taste

- Cut the squash into wedges. Scoop out the seeds, cut off the rind, and dice the squash.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the squash, onion, and garlic. Sprinkle with a little salt and -
saute until lightly browned and the squash is cooked through.
- Place the cooked squash in a blender and add the milk. Blend for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture is very smooth. Season generously with salt. Top each serving with toasted walnuts, cheese, or cream. (toppings are optional)
You can adjust the taste and consistency to your liking by adding more milk, salt, or even vegetable broth, etc.I also like to add the walnuts into the blender sometimes (about 1/2 cup) in addition to putting the whole ones on top.
Recipe taken from here.

Color palette -- (note that I will chose the design, please don't ask for certain markings)
Edits you'd like to see -- (up to uncommon, not all edits you ask for are guaranteed)

wip
Last edited by Rinsea on Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rinsea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby artemis, » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:51 pm

res
artemis,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GrimmKitty » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:26 pm

Username -- I'llBeTheMadHaTTer
Name -- Floki
Gender -- Male
Meal Idea -- Spicy Butternut Soup

sριcү вυттεяηυт sσυρ
serves 3-4 people

Ingredients
1/2 fresh butternut
1/2 fresh onion
500ml double thick cream
500ml milk
1/2tsp salt
1/4tsp pepper
1tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp paprika
1tsp turmeric
1tsp ginger powder
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp mild curry powder

Equipment
blender
pot/sauce pan
stove
knives
peeler
measuring spoons
cutting board

Method
1. Chop the onion in small pieces and put it in the pot/sauce pan. Put the pot/sauce pan onto the stove at medium heat. Stir the onion around every few minutes while carrying on with preparations.

2. Measure out the spices and put them in a bowl, ready to pour into the pot/sauce pan after three minutes of the onion being there alone. Stir the onion mixture around every few minutes while carrying on with preparations.

3. (Chop the whole butter nut in half width wise. Put the unused piece away and cut the piece you are using into rings. Scrap the seeds out.) Peel the butternut and chop into smaller pieces.

4. Add the butternut to the onion mix and stir.

5. Add a few drops of milk to the pot/sauce pan and stir.

6. After two minutes add the rest of the milk as well as the cream and stir the mixture.

7. Cook like this, stirring every so often until the thickest piece of butternut is soft.

8. Take off heat and pour into blender. (put cling wrap firmly in place of the lid or if the lid has a removable little cap, put cling wrap firmly over that-when blending hot stuff the lid often times 'jumps off') Blend until smooth.

9. Pour into your bowl and enjoy! (Optional extra-->toast to dip)

Color palette -- Black, grey, white and greens
Edits you'd like to see -- What ever tickles your fancy
Last edited by GrimmKitty on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:05 am, edited 6 times in total.
ARTFIGHT | my toyhou.se | the bestest bean
discord@GrimmKitty#2779 or @grimmkitty
//don't stress about what other people view as art, draw and do what makes you happy//
th character sale/trade | my character for character

♡ I hyper-focus and forget things, don't be afraid to shoot me a PM about anything ♡
GrimmKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me