Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Another fox by BlankRedColor

Artist BlankRedColor [gallery]
Time spent 23 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
3 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Another fox

Postby BlankRedColor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:51 pm

this is only my second drawing so sorry that it is bad.

however i would love if anyone could give me tips about anything to do with drawing, this is something i would like to get into :)
Just your average color~

if you got a moment to click on some pokemon that would be amazing
https://pfq.link/BlankRedColor
BlankRedColor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Another fox

Postby charizard2002 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:00 pm

EZ!! The best advice I can think of for just starting is to find a picture of what you want to draw as a model. Then goof around with window sizes to have both your Oekaki window and window with pic of your model (stock photos here at CS are very good and convenient) side by side. It makes life hella ez and I still do it all the time. I hope that helps.
ImageImageNema........................................................................................Robin Hood
charizard2002

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rubytalon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:17 pm

charizard2002 wrote:EZ!! The best advice I can think of for just starting is to find a picture of what you want to draw as a model. Then good around with window sizes to have both your Oekaki window and window with pic of your model (stock photos here at CS are very good and convenient) side by side. It makes life hella ez and I still do it all the time. I hope that helps.

As someone who was in a huge drawing rut for quite a while (age 6 to 13 (that's not my current age don't worry CS staff)) this some of the most important advice you can get when you're starting out for serious. Something I would recommend trying but not posting is mimicking official art of characters you love with simpler designs as closely as possible! I did this with some Kirby characters when I was younger and it actually helped me learn some of the basics and built some confidence. I hope this helps to!

(Also if you would like I would happily red line something for you'd like)
Rubytalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlankRedColor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:41 pm

PixelWolf wrote:
charizard2002 wrote:EZ!! The best advice I can think of for just starting is to find a picture of what you want to draw as a model. Then good around with window sizes to have both your Oekaki window and window with pic of your model (stock photos here at CS are very good and convenient) side by side. It makes life hella ez and I still do it all the time. I hope that helps.

As someone who was in a huge drawing rut for quite a while (age 6 to 13 (that's not my current age don't worry CS staff)) this some of the most important advice you can get when you're starting out for serious. Something I would recommend trying but not posting is mimicking official art of characters you love with simpler designs as closely as possible! I did this with some Kirby characters when I was younger and it actually helped me learn some of the basics and built some confidence. I hope this helps to!

(Also if you would like I would happily red line something for you'd like)

thank you guys and also what do you mean by red line?
Just your average color~

BlankRedColor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rubytalon » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:46 pm

Redlineing would be if some one sketched on a drawing with tips or anatomy corrections with the intention to constructively help the original artist!
Rubytalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlankRedColor » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm

PixelWolf wrote:Redlineing would be if some one sketched on a drawing with tips or anatomy corrections with the intention to constructively help the original artist!

oh alright thank, if i need that i will let you know :)
Just your average color~

BlankRedColor

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me