Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

ADOPT ME! by #TacoDog2470

Artist #TacoDog2470 [gallery]
Time spent 25 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
2 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

ADOPT ME!

Postby #TacoDog2470 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:44 am

You walk through the crowded streets of the illegal market. Its set up in the shadiest part of town, miles from any police stations. You have a small dagger in your back pocket for protection. You eye all the magical objects in the stands- venomous potions. poisonous snakes, illegal magic objects, and shrunken heads adorn their walls. The people look like, well, the kind of people who buy this sort of stuff. Freaks. You see lots of people crowding around a stand. You get to the front of the crowd, eager to see what is being sold. Inside a glass crate is an animal. It looks a bit like a dog-it has curly fur, a short tail, point ish ears, and long lashes. Its pupils sparkle like gold and it has a pair of small, black horns. The creature is pretty small, the size of a large cat. It has a forked tongue. You look a bit closer, then gasp. the creature is a Verit. Verits were rumored to be extinct years ago! The crowd gawks, and some wave their coins in the air, and others ask questions to the pudgy man sitting next to the cage. He looks proud. "Yes, its a defect Verit. Its not supposed to be this small. But it is extremely rare! Worth far more than you can imagine! It has curly, velvet like fur and a fluffy tail, that regrows perfectly!" The crowd gasped again. Verits were sought after for their lush coats. You could chop off a verit tail and it would grow back quickly. Part of the reason they went "extinct" was that so many people wanted the tails, they cut them off before they regrew fully. The verits needed their tails to survive. They normally had large, plush tails, twice their body size! They used them for warmth in the cold climates, and to show dominance. Without their tails, (they used tails like dogs and wolves also) they died quickly. People searched far and wide for rare verits, and bred overweight ones to harvest the most fur. It was a sick trade, but for many people, a family business. You need this Verit

Fill out this form! Contest ends in one week at 10:00 eastern us time
(this form requires a bit of creative writing)
Username:
What you would name the Verit:
Collar photo: (Please keep it small)
When you enter the market, do you strut or keep to yourself, clutching the dagger: (write a bit)
How do you get the verit? Do you slyly talk your way into it, or do you cockily pull a thick wad of cash out of your pocket? Do you trade something else?
What do you with the verit? (Keep it as a friend, humanly harvest the tail, or search the market for another verit to start a farm? If you do start a farm, will you humanly breed the verits to restore the population, or inhumanly overfeed them for more fur?

SOrry this is so long!!! the most creative wins!
#TacoDog2470

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deleteduser. » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:15 am

Username: alive.

What you would name the Verit: pidge

Collar photo:
    click here!

When you enter the market, do you strut or keep to yourself, clutching the dagger:
    as i enter the market, i immediately keep to myself and begin fidgeting with the dagger in my back pocket, cautious of what i might run into.

How do you get the verit? Do you slyly talk your way into it, or do you cockily pull a thick wad of cash out of your pocket? Do you trade something else?
    seeing all of these people offering money, i pull a wad of cash out. to everyone's amazement, i ended up winning and getting the verit.

What do you with the verit? (Keep it as a friend, humanly harvest the tail, or search the market for another verit to start a farm? If you do start a farm, will you humanly breed the verits to restore the population, or inhumanly overfeed them for more fur?)
    i'm definitely going to be only keeping him as a friend, but i might also try to humanely breed the verit to restore population.
bye cs! it's been fun!
deleteduser.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby #TacoDog2470 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:12 am

alive. wrote:
    Username: alive.

What you would name the Verit: pidge

Collar photo:
    click here!

When you enter the market, do you strut or keep to yourself, clutching the dagger:
    as i enter the market, i immediately keep to myself and begin fidgeting with the dagger in my back pocket, cautious of what i might run into.

seeing all of these people offering money, i pull a wad of cash out. to everyone's amazement, i ended up winning and getting the verit.

What do you with the verit? (Keep it as a friend, humanly harvest the tail, or search the market for another verit to start a farm? If you do start a farm, will you humanly breed the verits to restore the population, or inhumanly overfeed them for more fur?)
    i'm definitely going to be only keeping him as a friend, but i might also try to humanely breed the verit to restore population.

You win!
#TacoDog2470

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby deleteduser. » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:59 am

thanks so much! may i be added to colour in the picture?
bye cs! it's been fun!
deleteduser.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby #TacoDog2470 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:39 am

alive. wrote:
    thanks so much! may i be added to colour in the picture?

Added! :)
#TacoDog2470

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me