Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Species Revamp WIP - Lumas by bark!

Artist bark! [gallery]
Time spent 22 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by bark!

Species Revamp WIP - Lumas

Postby bark! » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:17 pm

A long while ago; June 26th- 2015 to be exact, I purchased a species from Rootgroves called lumas
as I'm a terrible person, since then I've owned them and not done a single thing w/ the kiddos other than attempt to revamp
them within sai a couple o' times and failing; because I'm horrid at anything species running wise ??

Sso I decided I'm gonna revamp the lines and then sell these guys off- The new species lineset will include
• The main lineart seen here w/ full lock alpha colors n etc - Keep in mind this sketch is a wip, and doesn't have all the luma aspects in it !!
• A nursery lineset w/ full lock alpha colors n etc
• Multiple tail & hair options

If I don't end up getting bids in the general area of what I'm lookin' for I'll probably end up attempting to run these guys myself; as technically I have owned them since '15 omg-

Lore notes for myself/ keeping track of the potential lore that the future buyer could go with
• Original species lore by rootgroves -Lumas are fox-like mythical creatures that live in space. They use their lanterns to light up the darkest parts of space. Some scientists think that they originated from the common foxes of earth. Their diets consist of a mysterious substance, currently unknown, that is found in space rocks. A Luma usually gives birth to one baby and mates for life. The bracelets seem to consist of many different types of metals, and are impossible to get off once on. Not all of them have bracelets. Their.Their life source is said to be the light from stars; they seem more energetic and content around them. Little is known about them, there is still much to study.

• Lore notes created by me sometime last year; very wip-ish !! -
-Astral canine - beings
- Stars are "Lanterns" used to help guide stars into constellations -They alone are responsible for the constellations and collections of stars we see in today's world
-When a "Luma" dies, their body morphs into a small cluster of stars known as a "Asterism"
- Once mates are chosen, they are permanent. Upon breeding, there is a chance of 1-3 kits, with a rare chance of 4.
-Trails on paws help keep balance when moving among the astral plain.
- Lanterns used to light up the darkest parts of space
-The bracelets they have are said to be made up of the life-force of new stars, and are used to harness existing stars and cluster them into constellations and the like.
- Diet consists of a compound found inside space rock, Adenine.
- Can come down to earth, whenever they do so, they appear as a falling star.On earth, The lanterns and stars dissolve, leaving them as a normal canid until they return to the astral realm.
- Can wear accessories whenever on earth, however they will dissolve upon returning back to the stars
-As their home realm is not earth, if a "Luma" stays on earth after sunset, then the void will close, and they will be trapped there until the sun next sets.

The old luma forum along w/ the old lineset can be found here
You can see what I originally payed for the species here
𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐁𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐖!
------- exo - adult - usa - gamer - artist -------
bark!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me