5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by wolf ;;

RPW #1219

Postby wolf ;; » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:27 pm

oh hey look another adopt from me oops
    i was just,,bored

so this contest will be simple, and ends in a week
    give me their favourite book, and why that book is their favourite, no word limit

Code: Select all
    username ;;
    rpw name ;;
    rpw gender ;;
    favourite book ;;
    why ;;
wolf ;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: RPW #1219

Postby padaleckii » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:28 pm

username ;; ~prophecy~
rpw name ;; annie
rpw gender ;; female
favourite book ;; the hunger games
why ;;
It's no surprise that someone who grew up to be taught to be a proper lady was curious and interested in a book about a strong woman. Annie heard others talking about the book and she really wanted to read it. Unfortunately, when she brought it home, her mother burned it so there was no possible way for her to read it. It would "destroy everything she was taught and put bad ideas in her head" as her mother said. Annie, of course, just had to read the book, and bought another one with a couple days of her lunch money. She brought it home in secret. Gave it a false cover. She read it at school and at home when she could, but that wasn't very often. She slowly but surly progressed through the book, and felt immense satisfaction from finally finishing it after months of reading. After she read it, Annie began noticing other girl's behavior was vastly different than what she was taught. She began noticing other potential strong female role models, and eventually changed her own behavior, defying her mother.

s o bea utiful
Last edited by padaleckii on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

a hound chased a rabbit, but gave up after a long run.
      a shepherd who watched came up to the hound and said,
      "the rabbit is the better runner." the hound replied,
      "i only ran for dinner.
      he ran for his life."

my: viscet storage » orb cat storage » deviantart » toyhou.se

also formerly known as ~prophecy~ & elysiium but i've
      been here nine years so don't blame me for changing it.

»»»
padaleckii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:51 am

Ahhh marking
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cinnamon Heart » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:47 am

username ;; Cherry_Tart
rpw name ;; Scarlet
rpw gender ;; female
favourite book ;;
why ;;

Wip.
ImageImageImage
she/her or they/them
bi ¦ BLM
Cinnamon Heart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:23 pm

#IWasBornForThisWolf #MahBabu #BookieBab #WolfAfterMyOwnHeart

username ;;
booklover789

rpw name ;;
Milo Mio Booker

rpw gender ;;
Female

favourite book ;;
"City of Dogs" by Livi Michael

why ;;
Mio loves "City of Dogs" because it's the one book from her childhood that made her start to love reading. Growing up in a very diverse city, she was exposed to many different beliefs and religions and ideas...but this book was something new for her that she wasn't used to. The book focuses on a group of dogs - the leader of the group is named Jenny. Jenny is not from Earth, and is rather from a world very much tied to Norse Mythology. She flees her attackers there as she tries to protect what is treasured to her. She travels through a portal and ends up on Earth, protecting a human boy named Sam. The story follows Jenny as she tries to save the world when both Earth and this Nordic-inspired realm collide. While the book's audience is a younger one at around 5th grade, even as an adult Mio still loves this story. It's so packed with adventure, and the pacing of the storyline is excellently crafted so as to keep any reader's attention, no matter how old they be. Mio loved the story and learned more about Norse Mythology from it, and became interested in the subject from that time forward. She loved how the story exemplified good and evil in a different way than she'd been exposed to previously, and she adored how the author created such a heavy, realistic setting with characters that shone with individual personalities, each one unique and special in his or her own regard. Most of all, however, Mio loved the morals of the story, and how she was able to learn from this seemingly-simple story about a dog and her boy.
The morals are...
1. While there are always consequences to one's actions, be they bad or good, one must always accept those consequences and take responsibility for one's actions.
2. One can be brave if one has the right mindset and the gumption to do what is right.
3. While good doesn't always triumph over evil, individuals who choose to be good tend to live better, more fulfilling, and happier lives than those who choose evil.
4. Protecting the individuals and items that are precious to a certain individual is the best journey and adventure in the world, and one should always strive to help keep safe the individuals and items that are dear to him or her, or that he or she loves wholeheartedly.
Last edited by booklover789 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:26 am

Username ;; Simonpet
RPW Name ;; Gary
RPW Gender ;; Male
Favourite Book ;; Dragonriders of Pern series
Why ;; Gary loves the Dragonriders of Pern series because of how much time and how many details the author, Anne McCaffery, put into the series. He is especially impressed with how she wrote poems for the universe. He also really likes the plots and the fact that dragons are actually plausible within this universe.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Apollosaurus » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:33 am

username ;; ~Apollo~
    rpw name ;; Grant
    rpw gender ;; Male
    favourite book ;; 1,001 great jokes by Jeff Rovin
    why ;; Grant it a total jokester. He loves to tell others jokes that either make a sad situation better or lighten up another's mood. If he has any excuse to say a joke he will. While he has a bunch of joke books, this joke book in specific. He practically caries it around with him everywhere and the spine on the book is starting to fall apart. the book is well work which makes him love it even more. One of his favorite jokes in the book is;
    Can a kangaroo jump higher than a house?
    Of course, a house doesn’t jump at all.
i'm no longer active here
if you really need to contact me please message me on da (@frank-poole) or toyhouse (@apollosaurus)
Apollosaurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf ;; » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:23 pm

winner!

i'll also be offering a ru to ~Prophecy~, as I love the fact that reading that book slowly over time would make the rpw eventually defy how they'd been taught and raised.
    just let me know if you'd like the ru, and if so what colour other than white/the other main colour for the design

booklover789 wrote:

#IWasBornForThisWolf #MahBabu #BookieBab #WolfAfterMyOwnHeart

username ;;
booklover789

rpw name ;;
Milo Mio Booker

rpw gender ;;
Female

favourite book ;;
"City of Dogs" by Livi Michael

why ;;
Mio loves "City of Dogs" because it's the one book from her childhood that made her start to love reading. Growing up in a very diverse city, she was exposed to many different beliefs and religions and ideas...but this book was something new for her that she wasn't used to. The book focuses on a group of dogs - the leader of the group is named Jenny. Jenny is not from Earth, and is rather from a world very much tied to Norse Mythology. She flees her attackers there as she tries to protect what is treasured to her. She travels through a portal and ends up on Earth, protecting a human boy named Sam. The story follows Jenny as she tries to save the world when both Earth and this Nordic-inspired realm collide. While the book's audience is a younger one at around 5th grade, even as an adult Mio still loves this story. It's so packed with adventure, and the pacing of the storyline is excellently crafted so as to keep any reader's attention, no matter how old they be. Mio loved the story and learned more about Norse Mythology from it, and became interested in the subject from that time forward. She loved how the story exemplified good and evil in a different way than she'd been exposed to previously, and she adored how the author created such a heavy, realistic setting with characters that shone with individual personalities, each one unique and special in his or her own regard. Most of all, however, Mio loved the morals of the story, and how she was able to learn from this seemingly-simple story about a dog and her boy.
The morals are...
1. While there are always consequences to one's actions, be they bad or good, one must always accept those consequences and take responsibility for one's actions.
2. One can be brave if one has the right mindset and the gumption to do what is right.
3. While good doesn't always triumph over evil, individuals who choose to be good tend to live better, more fulfilling, and happier lives than those who choose evil.
4. Protecting the individuals and items that are precious to a certain individual is the best journey and adventure in the world, and one should always strive to help keep safe the individuals and items that are dear to him or her, or that he or she loves wholeheartedly.
wolf ;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby booklover789 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:59 am

wolf ;; wrote:
    winner! [booklover789's post - snipped due to size constraints]

i'll also be offering a ru to ~Prophecy~, as I love the fact that reading that book slowly over time would make the rpw eventually defy how they'd been taught and raised.
    just let me know if you'd like the ru, and if so what colour other than white/the other main colour for the design

AAAAAH! Thank you soooo much, wolf ;;! :D I adore Mio - can't wait to flesh her out a bit more!

Congrats on the RU, ~Prophecy~! Maybe our wolves can be reading buddies in a book club, or something? I'm open to pretty much anything. ;)
I’m dealing with extensive medical issues and some medical testing to try to figure out said issues. If I am scarce on here, that's why.

♪♫ Try to lock me in this cage. I won't just lay me down and die. I will take these broken wings, and watch me burn across the sky! ♫♪

Please send me a PM if you add me in PokemonGo!

Arovague Greyaromantic Androromantic
Requisexual Greysexual Demi-Androsexual Acespike Aceflux
Non-binary Agenderflux Fluidflux Versandrogyne

ImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image Image

booklover789

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups