Artist milo. [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 39 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
14 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1689 -- Fire // CLOSED

Postby milo. » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:16 am

username: humerussin
      name: Keahi

so, i'm pretty happy with how this fella came out. it wasn't exactly what i'd had in mind originally, but i think it still turned out pretty good!

fire has always been mesmerizing for me-- the heat it radiates makes me feel at peace as well, and i tend to actually give myself burns, if i'm ever sitting near a fire place or near a camp fire. i simply sit too close, silly me!

for this Viscet, i'd like to hear about what makes them feel all warm and peaceful! is it being surrounded by family? is it a perfect sunset? is it the laughter of Visclings, or the playfulness of puppies? you decide how to interpret this, and you have a minimum of 500 words to do so.

because this is a feel good competition, i'd also like to hear a song that makes them feel good as well!

one last thing-- there are two required extras! you have 1500 words to do what you want with, or two art pieces! you can mix and match as well! ( ie. story + 1 piece of art )

RULES wrote:- be kind. automatic disqualification for any passive aggressiveness/rudeness
    - i'll listen to any music genre. i'm judging on the feel of it, not the genre
    - i do not like comics or animations. period.
    - i will give one extension if asked for

username:
    name:
    gender ( for breeding purposes ):
    what makes them feel warm and peaceful?: ( 500 words min. )
    feel good song:
    two extras!
    -- 1500 words/2 pieces of art ( can be mix-matched )

this competition will end in two weeks!
      august 11th

mutations wrote:elemental ears (fire) - event rare 2017
Last edited by milo. on Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
fleabag & resident alien own my whole life
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1689

Postby Parasitic Rat » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:20 am

And le flames~ *Drops a mark.
Parasitic Rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1689

Postby shibeboi » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:26 am

Mark!
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1689 -- Fire

Postby Soll » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:32 am

mark
⊱ ─────── {.⋅ Image ⋅.} ────── ⊰
Hi I'm Soll! I'm an lgbt artist, figure
skater and dancer! [adult]
Bff ♥ | Ringi ♥ | | | |
⊱ ─────── {.⋅ Image ⋅.} ────── ⊰
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He/Him | Adult | Married
Stars | ©
Art 4 c$|Art 4 Art
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
┄┄┄┄┄┄ Image
Soll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:35 am

Mark
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bettalong » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:21 pm

whispers// dang, they're HOT I bet they'd be good at roasting people in a convo B)))
Bettalong

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby milo. » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:24 am

smol bump...
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Keahi

Postby Lioashu » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:35 am

gender ( for breeding purposes ): Male

( 417 w )

Thunder roared wildly outside, rattling the thin glass of the window above Keahi. Rain poured down onto the house, creating a low white noise that echoed around on the wooden floors. Only Keahi was awake at this early hour, but that was because he was startled awake by a particular rumble of thunder that shook the house. It was safe within the house, but he seemed to feel otherwise. The flames adorned on his head crackled gently, burning low as his mood matched the weather. If anything he mostly felt frightened, paranoid that somehow the lightning and rain would reach him inside the building.

Keahi quietly padded over the flooring, making his way over into the ladder leading up to the loft. Anxiety caused his stomach to feel like it was twisting in knots; it was far safer down on the bottom floor, but the one item that means the most to him resides up there. He needed it to calm down and forget the storm so he could finally slumber. Taking careful steps up the ladder, he peered up through the entrance to the attic. The rain sounded far more powerful closer to the roof, but one thing kept him going; the sight of the familiar little phoenix plush. Keahi scrambled over to it, embracing the little silky, worn toy in his arms, feeling relief wash over him. The trinket didn’t physically do much besides provide something for him to hold, but the memories tied to it along with the emotional attachment reassured him.

Sure, the threads and seams were falling apart with its old age, and the bright orange color was no longer vibrant and instead now faded. It was a special gift to him when he still was with his mother, and whenever a daunting downpour rolls over the area he holds the doll to relieve his panic. It was a surefire way to calm down and relax for the night in order to sleep. Storms have always been one of his greatest fears ever since he was a young viscling, as he has heard countless horror stories about them causing havoc and even tearing down houses (although, those are a certain kind of storm). Keahi always worried his shelter would suddenly be taken away, and the rain would put out the fires on his ears. The situation wasn’t quite possible as the fires were a special kind unaffected by rain. It didn’t change the fact that he had severe anxiety about storms, though.

feel good song:
Sleeping At Last - "Saturn"
This song is a personal favorite of mine, and I've listened to it before to comfort myself.

extras;
Click to View
Last edited by Lioashu on Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lioashu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macyduke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:47 pm

Might have to drop out.

Will probably work on this more tomorrow.. Nothing is sounding right at the moment.

username: Macyduke
name: Elmo (In her past life he went by Ruby)
what makes them feel warm and peaceful?:
In her past life, Elmo felt warmest whenever her mate held her close in his arms. Had it not been for his tendency to sleep with his mouth open, she would have thought that she was most at ease whenever he fell asleep while holding her. Her favorite moments with him were whenever she was able to doze off while they were snuggling on the couch. If he hadn't been available she'd always felt most at peace whenever she held what she called their child, a small tarrier of sorts, between her arms while laying down. She'd always been comfortable around dogs, but had never really fallen for one as hard as she had with their tarrier. Although difficult to get their pooch to snuggle her, Elmo discovered that the best way to do so was to curl around the dog whenever it'd fallen asleep on the couch.
After finding her way home, and discovering that all the dogs in her old neighbor hood-including her own were in fight or flight mode whenever she was around, along with the fact that her mate had moved on with his life- she found that the she felt most at ease whenever she meditated. Due to being so easy to anger, Elmo tends to spend most of her time away from stressful situations including shopping, parties, and electronics. Her emotions-especially her more hateful ones are hard to control/keep in check, often times sending her into a rampage that can only be stopped by the destruction of whatever has sent her into a fury. This makes activities that make her feel at peace, like yoga, making clay pots on a spin wheel, and watching the sun rise and set essential.(287)

feel good song:
two extras!
-- 1500 words/2 pieces of art ( can be mix-matched )

basic ideas?
-Elmo was born out of rage
-She was so angry that he set everything he touched a blaze
-Although not completely sure why, she searched high and low for the cet that caused her death
-The cet who killed her, eventually finding them. They mocked her with the knowledge of his past life (maybe he makes a deal with Elmo? Like they'll tell her what they knew of her if she agrees to something?)
-Finding out about her past life, maybe a love interest causes them to both hate and grow to love the cet who killed her for giving them the information that helped her to remember who she used to be
-She decides to find their parents and reconnect with the cet she loved
-While traveling she remembers their past life and desperately wants to pick up where they left off (along the way discovering that half a dozen years have passed)
-She finds that her past mate has moved on and has a child with his new mate
-Her past mate scares her away with harsh words and pure hate
-She find their mom and dad who feel bad for her but also think she's mental
-She leaves distort with the fact that she can't
-She realizes that she can't stay there and decides to move on (although she isn't sure what to move on to)
Not sure how much later
-She do some soul searching and struggle with their identity, eventually deciding that this was her killer's fault
-On her way to harm the other cet they wonder whether or not this is a second chance at life and if they can really bring herself to harm another being that that was not who they are/used to be.
"There are two stars in the sky, and they're both planes."

Really though, just *Incoherent screaming*
Macyduke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Keahi

Postby milo. » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:37 am

humerussin wrote:

gender ( for breeding purposes ): Male

( 417 w )

Thunder roared wildly outside, rattling the thin glass of the window above Keahi. Rain poured down onto the house, creating a low white noise that echoed around on the wooden floors. Only Keahi was awake at this early hour, but that was because he was startled awake by a particular rumble of thunder that shook the house. It was safe within the house, but he seemed to feel otherwise. The flames adorned on his head crackled gently, burning low as his mood matched the weather. If anything he mostly felt frightened, paranoid that somehow the lightning and rain would reach him inside the building.

Keahi quietly padded over the flooring, making his way over into the ladder leading up to the loft. Anxiety caused his stomach to feel like it was twisting in knots; it was far safer down on the bottom floor, but the one item that means the most to him resides up there. He needed it to calm down and forget the storm so he could finally slumber. Taking careful steps up the ladder, he peered up through the entrance to the attic. The rain sounded far more powerful closer to the roof, but one thing kept him going; the sight of the familiar little phoenix plush. Keahi scrambled over to it, embracing the little silky, worn toy in his arms, feeling relief wash over him. The trinket didn’t physically do much besides provide something for him to hold, but the memories tied to it along with the emotional attachment reassured him.

Sure, the threads and seams were falling apart with its old age, and the bright orange color was no longer vibrant and instead now faded. It was a special gift to him when he still was with his mother, and whenever a daunting downpour rolls over the area he holds the doll to relieve his panic. It was a surefire way to calm down and relax for the night in order to sleep. Storms have always been one of his greatest fears ever since he was a young viscling, as he has heard countless horror stories about them causing havoc and even tearing down houses (although, those are a certain kind of storm). Keahi always worried his shelter would suddenly be taken away, and the rain would put out the fires on his ears. The situation wasn’t quite possible as the fires were a special kind unaffected by rain. It didn’t change the fact that he had severe anxiety about storms, though.

feel good song:
Sleeping At Last - "Saturn"
This song is a personal favorite of mine, and I've listened to it before to comfort myself.

extras;
Click to View

i love absolutely everything about this!
      i, too, have a stuffed animal that calms my anxiety-- i totally feel you Keahi!
      plus that song was just so so lovely to listen to, thank you!

sorry it took so long for me to judge, i lost track of days and thought this ended later for some reason!!

congratulations humerussin!!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
milo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me