13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #1687 - Nature

Postby SilverSamurai » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:44 am

Username;; sschw
Name;; Ragor
Gender;; Male

mutations:
Elemental ears (nature) - event rare 2017

tell me what their favorite part of nature is with 300+ words and provide a fitting gif to win them. One extra is required (be it an art piece, a story, exc. but more than one is encouraged.

This will end in two weeks, August 11th!

Good luck, have fun and be nice!

Code: Select all
Username;;
Name;;
Gender;; (biological required)
Gif;;
Favorite part of nature;; (minimum of 300 words)
extra(s);; (one required, more encouraged)
Last edited by SilverSamurai on Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

Yo, I'm Silver and like talking with people and making new friends.
I enjoy music, birds, anime/manga, video games, and art. Feel free to send over a message whenever if you'd like to chat!

A lot is happening right now, but I'm doing my best

"I fell apart, but got back up again,"
SilverSamurai

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1687 - Nature

Postby Parasitic Rat » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:54 am

aa look at da leafy babe
Still a pretty big WIP
To Do List
    Art
    Art
    Personality
    Songs
    Story 1
    Story 2
    Prolly more.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"ᴱᵛᵉʳʸᵗʰᶤᶰᵍ ᶜᵃᶰ ᵇᵉ ᵃᵍᵃᶤᶰˢᵗ ᵐᵉ ᵃᵗ ᵒᶰᶜᵉ˒ ᵃᶰᵈ ᴵ ʷᶤˡˡ ˢᵗᶤˡˡ ᵇᵉ ʰᵉʳᵉˑ"
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ah, nature. The cycle of plants and animals beings born, growing up, reproducing, then dying away. The end can be beautiful sometimes, others, not so much.
    Yasei likes nature because of the cycle that always goes on during its lifetime.
    Be Born > Grow > Reproduce > Death > Repeat.
    Like the seasons. With spring, everything is coming alive, growing more, and giving life. Then summer, where everything is fully grown, or almost fully grown, and just being there. And fall, where the beauty comes in the color of the dead leaves, and everything is not good with the cold. Then winter, where everything has died, covered in snow. Then it repeats. Everything is just a cycle in the world.

Yasei also loves nature because mostly nothing there wants to cause harm to him. He makes friends with most of the animals, especially birds. He doesn't really hang around bigger animals, since most of them are usually aggressive, but he does have a few animal friends. He has a little cottage out in the deep forest, where he has a swing in front of that some animals come to lay on. In the cottage, he doesn't have any internet, reception, phones, and most of the building is made of rock, anyway.

Yasei has a very close connection with nature because of his powers, as well. His powers allow him to build things out of the land in the earth, like his cottage, so he doesn't need to cut down trees. He loves how the forest also provides food that can grow back, like berries and wild carrots and apples. He lives in an area of the forest where wild berries and apples are very common. He is in love with making food out of the fruits and vegetables, too. He learned his way around poisonous berries, even without internet. He's also learned how use the poisonous berries to make poison jelly, which can help him if he hasn't hunted down enough food for the winter. He has a stash of it in his cottage.

He also has a box where he puts bees in. He uses the bees to make honey, plus he loves the noise they make, even though it makes others uncomfortable. People don't usually come to see him, anyway. I guess he likes, more of loves, that nature can help him survive in the wild, even though it can cause some hard times, especially in the winter.

ART HERE

WIP

WIP

WIP

WIP

ART HERE

Last edited by Parasitic Rat on Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Parasitic Rat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Corvuss » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:54 am

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[🍃]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Favorite part of nature ;; wrote:
    🍃 > Ragor respects his mother with obedience and loyalty. He knows his boundaries, and when she makes up her mind, there's nothing you can do. When he was young, he was fascinated by the rainforest around him. He studied each living thing carefully. From the humongous kapok tree, to the small aztec ant. Each thing had their special place. Though, as he grew older, he asked: Why do things have to die? and Why are so many things so different from one another? And countless other questions. Soon his questions started to unfold, and the more he learned from his mother. Being raised by mother nature herself, he learned everything about the rainforest, and how important it is too keep it balanced and healthy.

🍃 > He first learned about his ‘Power’ Of controlling vines when A tiger attacked him. He was only a viscling, and when It attacked him Vines shot up from the ground and killed the beast. Not knowing how he had done it, He asked why he had this power. His mother did not really know why he had it, other than the trees trusting him with taking out the unbalancement of the rainforest when it need be. As Ragor grew, He learned to respect death as much as life. The cycle of life is a mesmerizing thing if you can learn to live with the truth. Everyone dies, But in their place could be something great.

🍃 > “My Favorite Part of nature? Well. I don't really have one. I respect it all and that's about it. You could say that keeping the cycle balanced is the most important part, and is a given role all animals should fill. Though some try to rip the cycle apart for power over the rainforest. And I’m sorry but, I can't let that happen.”
    🍃 305 words.<<<<

🍃 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDVOXDbUljA - The Paper Kites - Willow Tree March 🍃

You fall through the trees
And you pray with your knees on the ground
For the things that you need
With your lust and your greed weighing down
And you weaken your love
And you hold it above your head
Success is a song of the heart, not a song of your bed

And we all still die
Yeah we all still die
What will you leave behind?
Oh we all still die

You fall through the trees
And you pray with your knees on the ground
For the things that you need
With your lust and your greed weighing down
And you weaken your love
And you hold it above your head
Success is a song of the heart, not a song of your bed

And we all still die
Yeah we all still die
Oh we all still die

Marching away from the stream
This tree it will die without leaves
Marching away from the stream
This tree it will die without leaves
This tree it will die
This tree it will die

And we all still die
Yeah we all still die
Oh we all still die

And we all still die
Yeah we all still die
Oh we all still die.

🍃 > It was a quiet evening. The gentle beat of the river hitting the smooth pebbles and the low hum of cicadas gave the rainforest music for the sunset. In the roots of large kapok tree lay a black egg splashed and speckled with bright green spots. Sitting comfortably in a padded nest of healthy, live vines. The rhythm of the rainforest was broken when a sudden *crack* was heard. The cradled egg had started to hatch. The vines wrapped around the egg moved slowly, starting to help the egg hatch. Now only scraps were left of the eggshell, A small viscling lay in the bed of vines, eyes wide. Though, something was different. Their ears. Their ears weren’t any kind of animals. As if vines themselves latched onto him in replace of ears. A vine from the tree above reached own to the viscling and kept them ‘occupied’ as if performing little dances. The viscling smiled and started to bat playfully at the vine. The viscling started to get on all fours, falling over at first, but soon getting the hang of it. Starting to crawl out of the nest, a vine wrapped around him and put him back. Confused, he tried again… and again. The Vine wouldn't let him out. Upset, he started to cry. “Now, now. No need for that fuss.” Spoke a hush voice. The viscling started too look around for the speaker. As if made out of vines themselves, A viscet figure stepped closer. They picked him up and cradled the viscling in their arms. “Ragor… Will be your name.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Image

Three months has passed since ragor hatched. He was growing well, his mother watched over him carefully when she could. Though…

🍃 > A light giggle was heard as the viscling rushed after the large blue butterfly. He contiued Batting at it playfully as he followed it. Not really paying attention to where he was going he strayed further and further from the large nest. And not fully knowing the dangers of the rainforest, he continued on. Soon after, he lost track of the butterfly. Upset, he turned back around to go home, but- where is home? Feeling slight panic rising in his chest, he started look around frantically for the way back to his nest. Not knowing it, he started to walk further away into the rainforest with haste. His sense of panic started to weave its way through the trees, waking up a few other creatures. And one of them, you wouldn't want to wake up. Running now, he hurried to find his way. Pushing through large plants and avoiding as much contact with anything possible. Suddenly, A blur of orange and black pounced in front of him. A loud squeal escaped him and he ran backwards. The huge cat, angry now, spun around. Hissing at the viscling. Crying, he called out loudly and backed away quickly. The big cat cornered him. Curling himself into a ball, shrinking himself as much as he could, and looked away. It pounced. Suddenly, multiple vines shot up from the ground and impaled the beast. The vines stayed strong in the air, keeping the new corpse there. The viscling stared in shock, tears still streaming down his face. Too scared to move, he lay there. Shaking. The sun had started to set now, and he still hadn't moved. Finally, a faint voice started to call out. “Ragor! Ragor Where are you?!”
    “M- Mom!” He called back shakely. Paw steps were heard from afar. Hen his mother rushed into the clearing, she was shocked. “Rag!-” … “or… oh, come on. let's go home.” He shook his head. He couldn't move. His mother stepped around the vines and picked him up, carrying him back to the large kapok tree they called home.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Image

As more time passed he came to an understanding of what happened with the tiger incident. He seemed to be able to control the vines when he needed them. He asked his mother why, but she had simply replied, “They trust you, as I trust you.”
    Continuing to age, now half a year old, he was allowed to stray from the kapok tree and explore more often. Once day, when he was practicing his vine skills, another viscet had noticed him. The first another viscet he had ever seen other than himself.

🍃 > “Come on.. Just a little higher…” Ragor stressed, Trying to move the vine off the ground more than it was by making it grow. Struggling, he sighed. Dropping the vine and sitting down to take a breather. He looked at the vine in front of him, wondering why he would have this power. Why He was chosen for this. “Hello!” Ragor practically jumped out of his skin. Scrambling back up to stand he looked around. Behind him, where another viscling stood. Instantly, he tilted his head. So did she. In sync, “Your ears are weird” The stranger laughed, “Mine?! Mine are like my fathers. Yours…? Are practically vines themselves!” He scrunched his nose. “So? My mother told me that My ears are perfectly fine. Shes made out of vines, I’m part of her.” She rolled her eyes. “Right… Well. My names Aloe! What are you doing so close to my home?”
    “Oh! I’m sorry, I didn't know you lived so close. I’ll be on my way, Aloe. Oh! And I’m Ragor.” She stuck her tongue out, “Ragor? That's a weird name.” He rolled his eyes, “You're named after a cactus,” She shrugged,
    “Yeah? A Useful one at that. And don't leave! Your pretty funny.” Sighing, trying to let his annoyance melt away, he replied, “Thank you. But, I really need to focus.” Confused, she asked, “Focus? On what?”
    “Uhhh? My Power? Don't you have one?” Her eyes sparkled, “No! But I wanna see! What kind of power? My dad Basil told me that some viscets have really cool powers. He even once saw a viscet with a mane made of fire!” Ragors eyes widened. “Whoa! Really? Thats awsome! But, I’m still kinda learning my own…” She shrugged “So? Mistakes are natural. Give it your best shot!” Ragor turned back to the vines, “ok..” Focusing on them Please, start growing. The vines below him started to grow rapidly and levitate off the rainforest floor. Aloe gave out a Squeal and clapped her paws together. “That's so cool! If-” A distant call could be heard. “Oh, My dads are back. I guess I’ll see you again some time, Ragor!” Without letting him say anything, she started to run back home. “Bye!” he called back. Feeling lighter with the encounter, he started to rush back home to tell his mother he had made a friend with another viscet.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[img]wip[/img]

Every other day Ragor would go back to Aloe. They would tell each other stories, play tag, explore. Each day coming closer together. In the meantime, Ragor would spend time with his mother and learn about the rainforest and what he would need to do to protect it.

6 months later.

🍃 > “Come, Ragor. It’s time we took a small trip.” Yawning and stretching out his legs, he got up from his nest and climbed out of the tree. The sun was barely peaking over the horizon. “Where are we going?” He asked, getting a quick answer. “It’s a surprise. Come on.” As the two set off, Ragor could feel a small tingle of unease in his paws, but shook it off as he ran through the rainforest with his mother. After a few hours of traveling, the trees started to thin out and they were following a large rapid river. As a cliff came into view, he could see the water falling off into a waterfall. When they reached the cliff, Ragor stared in awe. The sea- and off in the distance, as if another island, there were also waterfalls of many. Ragor sat, His mother sighed and also sat at the cliff. “Ragor. I won't be able to teach you things anymore,” He snapped back to reality and looked too her. “What? Why not?”
    “I can't stay in this form for much longer. Ragor, I’ve already told you I am a spirit of nature. Not an actual viscet. I’ve taken the shape of a viscet in vines to care for you. But now you’re almost a year old. I was contacted to care for you. But that doesn't change the fact that you are my son, and you will always be.” He didn't know what to feel, “So, You’re just going to leave me?!” She shook her head, and placed her paw on his chest. “I am always with you, Ragor.” She smiled, He looked up at her. “Be strong. Protect the rainforest. I’ll always be with you.” The glow in her ‘eyes’ faded, and the vined that made her up lost their viscet shape, becoming an emotionless bundle at the end of the cliff. Tears running down his cheeks, he stood and walked away, heading back home.

🍃 > As he approached his old home he felt his heart tighten. It wasn't the same. The once loved tree was now starting to rot away in front of him, as if it was to never exist. His nest was full of dead vines, like they were overdue. “Why did you leave me so suddenly?” He bowed his head. “Just… like that.” I feel so alone.. Suddenly, the thought of aloe. He had totally forgotten to go to her today because of the trip his mother took him on.

🍃 > He rushed to their usual rendezvous, he could hear faint calls in the distance. When he stopped to listen, he could hear Aloe and her fathers in distress. Rushing towards the sound, he could pick up the sound of hisses too. Running faster, hoping he could get there before something worse may happen. “Aloe!” He yelled out, seeing her fighting off a leopard while her fathers, Basil and Bonsai, fought off another three. Ragor jumped into the fight with Aloe and shoved the large cat off of her. Out of a sudden urge of unknown anger he just about roared back it at. It turned tail and ran. The other three stopped fighting and ran back into the rainforest. Breathing heavy from the running, he looked down too his paws. just how did I do that. “Ragor?” He turned to look back at Aloe, her father's helping her up. The large cat had bitten into her leg, breaking it in the process. “Hey, Its Ragor right?” Basil asked. Ragor nodded, “Could you find something like a sturdy branch? We need to get her leg wrapped. Following orders, he looked around for anything that could be used. Finding one quickly, he handed it over. Basil and Bonsai wrapped her leg and helped her up. “Hey, Ragor?” Aloe asked. “I’m all ears.”
    “Thanks.” He nodded. “Yeah.” Basil struggled to get his daughter on his back to help carry her back, Bonsai had troubles too. “Here. All of you are wounded. Let me help.” Pushing Aloe onto his back, the four headed back to the small hut Aloe called home. After some travels, the reached the hut. Ragor felt his legs about to give out from the constant weight. Reaching her bed, he put her down gently. He looked to her fathers before walking out to talk with them, Aloe dozed off to sleep. Bonsai spoke up “Thank you for your help, Ragor. Aloe talks a lot about you. I see why.” Basil laughed, agreeing. “Without your help, we would of been those cats’ dinner.” He shrugged. “I’m glad I was able to help.. I wish I had gotten there sooner.” Pain stung his heart as he remembered his old home breaking down as they spoke. “Ragor, Do you have a place to go? Aloe always told me you just lived somewhere in the rainforest.” Ragor took a moment too reply. “I had a home until this morning. I’m sure I’ll-” Basil quickly cut him off, “You could live here! We have enough space.” Ragor looked back to them, “are you sure? I really don't mean to be any trouble-” “we insist.” The thought for a moment, before giving in and accepting their offer. “Thank you.”

🍃 2050 words.<<<<

╔════════════════╗
🍃 Credits 🍃
Aloe - Bonsai - Basil
Owned By Blukitty53
Art shown by Blukitty53
╚════════════════╝
Last edited by Corvuss on Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corvuss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tiny little box » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:56 am

drop
Last edited by tiny little box on Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Can you 100% certainty prove that I actually exist?

Bi/dragon/pretty gay

Hmhmhmhmhmhm
hm
hm
hm
hm
tiny little box

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soll » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:03 am

mark/res
⊱ ─────── {.⋅ Image ⋅.} ────── ⊰
Hi I'm Soll! I'm an lgbt artist, figure
skater and dancer! [adult]
Bff ♥ | Ringi ♥ | | | |
⊱ ─────── {.⋅ Image ⋅.} ────── ⊰
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
He/Him | Adult | Married
Stars | ©
Art 4 c$|Art 4 Art
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
┄┄┄┄┄┄ Image
Soll

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikachuTori25 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:56 am

Mark/res <3
─────── ───────
Riza Hawkeye Simp
Icon by lambcurl
Riza Hawkeye Sprite Source
└──────────────┘
PikachuTori25

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vluwu » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:28 am

Not enough time.
Last edited by Vluwu on Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

▪ code by Vluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ▪

DATHAF

▸HELLO !MY NAME'S VLU,
My old username was blukitty53, and on other websites i may be shrickerdoosle,
My interest's include writing, drawing, culinary, and video & online games! I'm trying
animation and other creative arts slowly, but school keeps me busy! I love to create
and build characters by drawing and writing about them. Creating art for my characters
and friends always brings a smile to my face. have a wonderful day/night ♥
━━━━━━━━━ [ ✦ ✦ ] ━━━━━━━━
[ ▪ FEMALE ▪ INFP ▪ GEMINI ▪ ]
Vluwu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PikaPerfect » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:39 pm

Mark!! Pretty kid nvn
call me pika - he/him - gay - i like cats, pokemon, and genshin impact
sorry if i don't respond to your DM, random messages give me anxiety 😎✌
The summoning gif worked :)
PikaPerfect

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fukase » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:41 pm

Username: Fukase
Name: Kaiso
Fave Part of Nature: I would say his favorite part of nature is it's resilience. When a forest fire wipes out a forest, plants grow up from the ashes, when concrete threatens to smother it, it grows between the cracks, when the land is dry and has no water it dares to grow anyway, and nature pulls through at high altitudes and very deep depths. It is his favorite because he himself is resilient and he sees himself in every part of nature and nature is a part of him. Seaweed is a very hardy and resilient plant that grows under the water and he feels at home in its graceful waving kelp forests with the sun shining down in filtered green light. He is content knowing that no matter how long the world turns and what happens on it, there will always be some sort of plant life holding out, or some tiny piece of nature that the world couldn't snuff out. He is comforted by these thoughts as kelp fronds gently caress his flanks and he feels reassured that he will always have a home within the world as long as there is that tiny hope. He also likes nature because of its adaptability. Because it is resilient, it is able to adjust to its surroundings and create something beautiful. If there is a building, vines will grow up its sides, if there is too much rain and water, forests will give way to swamps. All of the traits and things about nature that have kept it going this long are his favorite. All the qualities that make nature the force that it is, all come together to make it one unstoppable force that makes it powerful and long lasting, time being natures close companion, because while humans structures and cities slowly decay and must be repeatedly rebuilt as its torn down by the elements/nature and time, nature is the ultimate cause but it still thrives on despite it.
Gif: Image
Extra: It's a poem!

Grass by Carl Sandburg

Pile the bodies high at Austerlitz and Waterloo.
Shovel them under and let me work—
I am the grass; I cover all.

And pile them high at Gettysburg
And pile them high at Ypres and Verdun.
Shovel them under and let me work.
Two years, ten years, and passengers ask the conductor:
What place is this?
Where are we now?

I am the grass.
Let me work.

Extra 2: A German song translated in English. "Freunde, das der Mandelzweig" by Schalom Ben-Chorin

Friends, oh see the almond tree,
it blossoms oh so fine.
Isn’t that a wondrous sign,
that love will still prevail?

That life has not gone away,
no matter how much blood cries.
Do not underestimate this,
in these darkest times.

Thousands are destroyed by war,
a world, it ends today.
But the almonds victory
silently flutters in the wind.