Based on Click to view
Artist northy. [gallery]
Time spent 26 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
One person likes this Log in to vote for this drawing

IPH - Sunglow - #3

Postby northy. » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:46 am

a b o u t -- i s l a n d -- p l o u g h -- h o r s e s

A large breed of heavy horse usually reaching 16-18hh, some may be bigger, some may be smaller. They can be distinguished by their large ears and domed faces. They are naturally found pretty much anywhere but most commonly found on beaches or in mountains. They are great swimmers despite their size meaning many where found on off shore islands, one of the reasons for there name. Many say that they are called island horses since their spirits can never truly be owned by anyone and 'no man is an island, however this is just a theory. Though these horses seem to be unnameable, they can be by the right person. Once they find the right person, its like a lock and key, they just click. Once this happens they are fiercely loyal and will fight to keep them safe. This is why they are so valuable as work horses, hence why they're called plough horses, they will work day and night for those that they care for. They like around 30 years, similar to any other horse. They come in a variety of colours but are mainly palomino, and chestnut. These horses are know for not having any confusing genetic, they are polymorphic meaning that instead of having dominant, co-dominant, or recessive genes, the phenotype of both parents are almost blended to create any different outcomes that are always visually similar to the parents.

To adopt this lovely fella all you have to do is fill out the form below, will end when I see someone who I believe is worthy of him (he is based on a horse I knew as a kid so want him to go to a good home
Code: Select all
name ;
age ;
height ; 18hh
why do you want them ;
story, drawing, or both ;

--beryl-- wrote:
name ; Sunglow
age ; 14
height ; 18hh
why do you want them ; I want them because I think that horses are stunning, though I've had a rough time disliking horses, I've been trying to start enjoying them more, noticing how great they truly are, wanting to see one up close, and this beauty is stunning, I'd love to keep them, I promise they are in good hands!!
story, drawing, or both ; Sunglow was sheltered when he was young by marine life, he enjoyed taking long walks by the shore, and made a couple of friends. She found that the deeper she swam into the water, the more creature she could find, once finding a manatee, it was very kind to him, and it inspired him to try and find more creatures, to make friends! But then, a storm came along the beach, Sunglow had to run off, and she ran to a marsh, not to far from a beach he grew up at. He waited out the storm, always thinking about all of her friends, and then remembered the very first time she saw a manatee, and felt warm memories, and escaped the sadness she found himself in, and he soon realized the storm had ended, so he ran further and further, back to his home by the shore, and as soon as he had set hoof into the soft sand, he had seen piles of shells and shards of glass, and so many treasures to be found. He felt true happiness and galloped to the tide, lifting up each shell, hurrying before the water swept them away. He found a piece of rope and net, and made her satchel, to put all of his treasure in, so Sunglow found a true passion for sea-scavenging.

what a cutie
hopefully it doesn't say her/she anywhere ouo
Last edited by northy. on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
trust the power beneath you
shani : 16 may 2006 - 30th august 2019
uk | equestrian | animal lover | empty the tanks | vegetarian | memes and aesthetics
northy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: IPH no.3 - adopt me!

Postby neferp1tou » Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:28 pm

name ; Sunglow
age ; 14
height ; 18hh
why do you want them ; I want them because I think that horses are stunning, though I've had a rough time disliking horses, I've been trying to start enjoying them more, noticing how great they truly are, wanting to see one up close, and this beauty is stunning, I'd love to keep them, I promise they are in good hands!!
story, drawing, or both ; Sunglow was sheltered when he was young by marine life, he enjoyed taking long walks by the shore, and made a couple of friends. She found that the deeper she swam into the water, the more creature she could find, once finding a manatee, it was very kind to him, and it inspired him to try and find more creatures, to make friends! But then, a storm came along the beach, Sunglow had to run off, and she ran to a marsh, not to far from a beach he grew up at. He waited out the storm, always thinking about all of her friends, and then remembered the very first time she saw a manatee, and felt warm memories, and escaped the sadness she found himself in, and he soon realized the storm had ended, so he ran further and further, back to his home by the shore, and as soon as he had set hoof into the soft sand, he had seen piles of shells and shards of glass, and so many treasures to be found. He felt true happiness and galloped to the tide, lifting up each shell, hurrying before the water swept them away. He found a piece of rope and net, and made her satchel, to put all of his treasure in, so Sunglow found a true passion for sea-scavenging.

what a cutie
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby northy. » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:09 am

Awesome form, you'll probably be the winner but will wait a little incase anyone else enters but not too sure they will since its not too crowded right now.

I must have completely forgotten to add to the form that he is a stallion, based on a pony that I knew called Lightning (can you guess why haha)

Hope your confidence building around horses goes well and check out the mainthread7disscusion thread to follow the species and what they're doing!
uk | equestrian | animal lover | empty the tanks | vegetarian | memes and aesthetics
northy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GothamsMama » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:11 am

name ; bosie
age ; 3 yr
height ; 18hh
why do you want them ; idk just for fun i guess or maybe cuz i love adopting
story, drawing, or both ; bosie was a free horse, done
im sorry idk what to do
GothamsMama

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby northy. » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:44 am

--beryl-- wrote:
name ; Sunglow
age ; 14
height ; 18hh

what a cutie

all yours! :D
northy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:01 am

ryan ross. wrote:
--beryl-- wrote:[center][size=85]name ; Sunglow
age ; 14
height ; 18hh

what a cutie

all yours! :D

aa thank you
[/size][/center]
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups